General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > Video Game Lounge

Working with some friends on game concepts. I'd like thoughts.

(1/2) > >>

rare446:
I've tried and failed many a times to make my own webcomic or game alone, but now with some friends helping, I'm leading a small game development project, but first I'd like some thoughts on what we've got so far.

It's an action platformer, so think of something akin to Super Mario Bros. but instead of just jumping and using power ups, you have a magic bracelet that can cast different spells. Each level would have a first half that introduces some of the gimmick for the level, then a mid-stage mini-boss, then the second half of the level that pushes the gimmick further, and then a final boss for the level. Each level also having a few secret rooms and surprises if you use different spells to reward exploration.

Spells would be unlocked throughout the game but you'd start off with a single basic spell that would basically be a classic video game beam shot like in Metroid or Mega Man. Spells would be unlocked by beating bosses and also as rewards for secret rooms and such. You could apply any spells you want either before starting a level or by changing them in the pause menu.

The main character would be fully nude other than the bracelet. The rest of the world would be inhabited by cartoonish monsters and a few people or anthropomorphic entities who are anywhere from fully dressed to fully nude. The levels would be inspired by Kirby games and the level select screens inspired by Super Mario Bros. games with shops to get some special items such as extra health or some kind of boost items.

The plot would be something simple too, like "the evil one is plotting to plant a tree of dark magic that will darken the sky so he can have the tallest home" or something silly like that.

Thoughts? Questions? Criticisms? Suggestions?

DayOfJudgement:
Honestly would love to play it as the concept is right now, sounds super fun and interesting

swede:
Not my cup of tea in regards of games, but that's besides the point.

One thing though, why is he naked?

Of course we are naturists and whatever, but the default state of being todah is unfortunately chloted. I think you need to implement a reason for the nudeness in the plot.

Or otherwise, you could have snow levels where the character does wear chlotes to not freeze but is naked when the weather is fair.

Idk, just a thought

JoyousLemons:

--- Quote from: swede on August 04, 2022, 01:36:45 pm ---Not my cup of tea in regards of games, but that's besides the point.

Of course we are naturists and whatever, but the default state of being todah is unfortunately chloted. I think you need to implement a reason for the nudeness in the plot.

Or otherwise, you could have snow levels where the character does wear chlotes to not freeze but is naked when the weather is fair.

Idk, just a thought

--- End quote ---

Maybe they're someone that lives in the wilderness and has never had clothes.

DayOfJudgement:

--- Quote from: JoyousLemons on August 04, 2022, 02:27:32 pm ---
--- Quote from: swede on August 04, 2022, 01:36:45 pm ---Not my cup of tea in regards of games, but that's besides the point.

Idk, just a thought

--- End quote ---

Maybe they're someone that lives in the wilderness and has never had clothes.

--- End quote ---

This is a good idea but a very fair point also. You're gonna have to do a lot of work to make the nudity feel natural and make sense without just getting lumped in with hentai games

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version