General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > Television, Movies and Theatre

Naked attraction

(1/3) > >>

coolstolSE:
What do you guys think about the show Naked Attraction? The dating show where all participants are naked and a date is selected based on naked attraction. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naked_Attraction

It recently started airing here in Sweden and it's caused quite a bit of controversy. Do you like it or dislike it? Why?

Fishandchips:
Pathetic cheap tacky attempt at entertainment worse than blind date from the UK in 1990s at least with blind date “contestants” chose their dates based on answers to questions and not which body parts they liked the look of

Kemubu:
I have several friends who appreciate the show a lot because they think that it  de-dramatizes nudity. They've  chatted to me about it because they know about my "affinity for nudity". And I mean.., I don't mind the show. Especially if it means that people accept nudity more than before. But.. They're always looking for a shock factor I assume. So it's not nudity from the best angle so to speak, the perspective of nudism would be really hard to capture on screen.

odcaf:
I don't like it. They are using nudity to attract audience, plain and simple. And the fact that it is a "dating" show, makes it worse. Somehow the idea they are giving is that the body is all that matters.

Fishandchips:

--- Quote from: odcaf on August 12, 2022, 02:19:45 pm ---I don't like it. They are using nudity to attract audience, plain and simple. And the fact that it is a "dating" show, makes it worse. Somehow the idea they are giving is that the body is all that matters.

--- End quote ---

Yep exactly it’s doing the opposite to what is needed to raise awareness that nudity isn’t necessarily sexual and objectifying those taking part

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version