Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Naked attraction  (Read 2118 times)

coolstolSE

Naked attraction
« on: August 11, 2022, 08:35:18 pm »
What do you guys think about the show Naked Attraction? The dating show where all participants are naked and a date is selected based on naked attraction. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naked_Attraction

It recently started airing here in Sweden and it's caused quite a bit of controversy. Do you like it or dislike it? Why?

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Nude when possible he/him
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Naked attraction
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 08:42:34 pm »
Pathetic cheap tacky attempt at entertainment worse than blind date from the UK in 1990s at least with blind date “contestants” chose their dates based on answers to questions and not which body parts they liked the look of

Offline Kemubu

• Photographer in Sweden
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Love, life, laughs and a bit of everything
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 12:56:21 pm »
I have several friends who appreciate the show a lot because they think that it  de-dramatizes nudity. They've  chatted to me about it because they know about my "affinity for nudity". And I mean.., I don't mind the show. Especially if it means that people accept nudity more than before. But.. They're always looking for a shock factor I assume. So it's not nudity from the best angle so to speak, the perspective of nudism would be really hard to capture on screen.
I'm creative, kind and social. Feel free to PM me

Offline odcaf

• Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2022, 02:19:45 pm »
I don't like it. They are using nudity to attract audience, plain and simple. And the fact that it is a "dating" show, makes it worse. Somehow the idea they are giving is that the body is all that matters.

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022, 03:30:46 pm »
I don't like it. They are using nudity to attract audience, plain and simple. And the fact that it is a "dating" show, makes it worse. Somehow the idea they are giving is that the body is all that matters.

Yep exactly it’s doing the opposite to what is needed to raise awareness that nudity isn’t necessarily sexual and objectifying those taking part

Offline MeraMC

• MeraMC
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2022, 04:58:10 pm »
I haven't seen it and I don't want to. It is an awful idea that does everything bad with nudism and don't help us to show others how we feel and think.
Naked friends is what I really want! Send me a DM, if you want to talk, I'll answer 100%

Offline Mr S

• What do you do?
  • Nude with Towel
  • Hey guys! Looking to make new friends :D
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2022, 11:50:09 pm »
I think we should take that kind of show as what it is: just as a joke more. I'm not sure if that damages the nudism view to the public, but it would be fun to participate
Today is always THE day

Offline shynudeboy

• Guy Talk
  • Shouting it out loud
    • Skinny Spots
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2022, 11:48:56 pm »
So my opinion of Naked Attraction seems to be quite a bit different from other people here. Whilst I think that the premise of the show is complete rubbish (choosing a date from physical attraction alone), I think that actually it has helped a bit too. I remember when it first aired here in the UK a few years ago. There was quite a bit of backlash. However, after a few years now I think it's actually helped a little bit when it comes to people's views on nudity, especially in regards to TV. From what I can remember nudity on TV in the UK did happen but was quite rare. However, since 2016 there have been quite a few shows now which include nudity. So I think as a whole Naked Attraction had a role to play into a bigger acceptance for nudity on UK TV.

Offline Wesley

• Administrator
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2022, 12:24:39 pm »
It perfectly connects to the "Tinder Generation" and sensational TV programs many people would watch, but it has nothing to do with naturism. I think commercializing nudity like Naked Attraction is doing is hurting normalized nudity and sucks for naturism as a whole.
Got a question or need help with the forum? Shoot me a message :)

Offline swede

• Guy Talk
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 14
    • My website
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2022, 09:16:41 pm »
It's a fun idea but I don't like it. I've seen some UK episodes. But I cannot watch the Swedish ones, say too cringe

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2022, 09:11:53 pm »
It's a fun idea but I don't like it. I've seen some UK episodes. But I cannot watch the Swedish ones, say too cringe

Yours are worse than ours? How so?

Offline swede

• Guy Talk
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 14
    • My website
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2022, 07:04:17 pm »

No, but I think it hits too close to home. Like when it's in the uk it's a bit more foreig

Yours are worse than ours? How so?

Offline JustARando

• Spider-dude
  • Nude with Towel
  • Not sure what this is.
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2022, 06:28:32 am »
Looks like I'm a bit of an outlier, cause I actually think it's alright. Considering there's already quite a lot of seasons/episodes, there's not really much shock factor going for them anymore (at least for the UK version). And tbh, from the couple episodes I've watched it doesn’t seem like theyre trying to be shocking. Most contestants are average looking, they're not trying to be sexy and they're not just getting everyone that's conventionally attractive. The cast is always usually very diverse in body shape, gender, and race. They also add in some educational info on different stuff like gender, body and sex positivity.
Don't be afraid to try something new.

Offline NudistMetalHead

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2022, 09:59:21 pm »
It doesn't air over here, but I've seen clips online.  I find it more productive to watch a slew of cat videos (Nothing wrong with cat videos, BTW.  Love them).
"Don't talk to strangers 'cause they're only there to do you harm"- Ronnie James Dio

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2022, 08:00:59 pm »
It doesn't air over here, but I've seen clips online.  I find it more productive to watch a slew of cat videos (Nothing wrong with cat videos, BTW.  Love them).

Cat videos can at least be funny