Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Overwatch 2  (Read 836 times)

Offline nudeargie

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
Overwatch 2
« on: November 06, 2022, 12:50:01 am »
you guys been plating OW2? thoughts?

Offline rare446

• Nude Pokemon Nerd
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Feel free to dm about anything~
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Overwatch 2
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 03:15:18 am »
I've been playing OW2 since first beta. I feel like it's still kind of messy in terms of player habits adjusting across the board to 5v5 and some of the needs of allies and heroes, but it's very fun. Although it's also very painfully clear Blizzard higher ups told them to get this game out earlier with how it launched with so many things they had to fix, including some quality of life cosmetic changes after the fact (Kiriko's spirit eyes effect for instance), but also how the Battle Pass was supposed to have all these cyberpunk things until players were able to see it right before release. Also higher ups clearly got greedy with shop prices and Team 4 is definitely taking a lot of hits for it.

Offline nudeargie

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2022, 04:15:10 am »
I've been playing OW2 since first beta. I feel like it's still kind of messy in terms of player habits adjusting across the board to 5v5 and some of the needs of allies and heroes, but it's very fun. Although it's also very painfully clear Blizzard higher ups told them to get this game out earlier with how it launched with so many things they had to fix, including some quality of life cosmetic changes after the fact (Kiriko's spirit eyes effect for instance), but also how the Battle Pass was supposed to have all these cyberpunk things until players were able to see it right before release. Also higher ups clearly got greedy with shop prices and Team 4 is definitely taking a lot of hits for it.

yeah that's def what happened, seems to be happening a lot with releases. It's still really fun though. Do you play any role in particular?

Offline rare446

• Nude Pokemon Nerd
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2022, 09:11:18 am »
Do I play any role in particular? Hmm.... That's a good question. I used to main tank for the first half of my career, then healer when I moved onto a community team. Since the team shut down a year and a half ago, I've been kind of flip flopping but currently I feel like I'm gravitating towards damage, Cassidy in particular. However, I've always wanted 5 things for future heroes. A mage staff, a massive hero bigger than Reinhardt, a transforming hero, a hero with butterfly aesthetic, and a melee damage hero that isn't like DPS Doomfist was. With Ramattra being three of those, I might end up maining him if his kit feels good to me. You?

Offline nudeargie

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2022, 03:02:05 pm »
Do I play any role in particular? Hmm.... That's a good question. I used to main tank for the first half of my career, then healer when I moved onto a community team. Since the team shut down a year and a half ago, I've been kind of flip flopping but currently I feel like I'm gravitating towards damage, Cassidy in particular. However, I've always wanted 5 things for future heroes. A mage staff, a massive hero bigger than Reinhardt, a transforming hero, a hero with butterfly aesthetic, and a melee damage hero that isn't like DPS Doomfist was. With Ramattra being three of those, I might end up maining him if his kit feels good to me. You?

Oh I completely forgot they were realeasing a new tank, just checked them out and looks great!
I am new to the whole game so been testing a few heros, feel the most comfortable with Symmetra or D.va at the moment, with Moira as the only support I like playing

Offline rare446

• Nude Pokemon Nerd
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2022, 01:48:20 am »
Those are some solid picks for beginners or experienced players!

Symmetra can build up damage levels as her beam continues to damage enemies or barriers, plus her teleporter can help sneak in and get some kills or help your team rush in. You can even use her turrets to detect enemy flanks or help defend an entry, or even teleport them behind the enemies to help your team get an opportunity to rush in.

D.Va is fantastic for getting up in enemies' faces and pelting them with nonstop damage. Plus her high mobility helps her a lot with survivability and chasing enemies, as well as getting threats off of her teammates. Her ultimate is also fantastic for making space when it's urgently needed if you can't guarantee a kill, and her Defense Matrix shuts a lot of things down from certain enemy ultimates to even certain heroes almost entirely, like Moira who relies on her damage and healing orbs.

Moira is also a great choice since she can heal her allies all together and is one of the few healers not plagued by the current prevalent threat of an enemy flanking on the healer and picking them off, thanks to her high mobility and several ways to self heal. The only downside is sometimes your healing can be spread thin if your allies are too aggressive in the moment or spread too far apart.

Offline nudeargie

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2022, 01:52:57 am »
Those are some solid picks for beginners or experienced players!

Symmetra can build up damage levels as her beam continues to damage enemies or barriers, plus her teleporter can help sneak in and get some kills or help your team rush in. You can even use her turrets to detect enemy flanks or help defend an entry, or even teleport them behind the enemies to help your team get an opportunity to rush in.

D.Va is fantastic for getting up in enemies' faces and pelting them with nonstop damage. Plus her high mobility helps her a lot with survivability and chasing enemies, as well as getting threats off of her teammates. Her ultimate is also fantastic for making space when it's urgently needed if you can't guarantee a kill, and her Defense Matrix shuts a lot of things down from certain enemy ultimates to even certain heroes almost entirely, like Moira who relies on her damage and healing orbs.

Moira is also a great choice since she can heal her allies all together and is one of the few healers not plagued by the current prevalent threat of an enemy flanking on the healer and picking them off, thanks to her high mobility and several ways to self heal. The only downside is sometimes your healing can be spread thin if your allies are too aggressive in the moment or spread too far apart.

Yeah I think support is the hardest role because you depend a lot on your team members so I almos never play support. I've also been using Zayra, she's pretty fun to play with, and she has a great look too lol

Offline rare446

• Nude Pokemon Nerd
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2022, 03:33:31 am »
You have absolutely no idea how truly miserable it is to play support in Overwatch 2. It was just okay in Overwatch 1, but ever since OW2, supports are having more trouble with getting flanked and killed off, along with new maps with much more obstacles that prevent allies rushing in without the supports to get killed before they can get healed, then all the hate being spewed at the support players for not doing a good enough job to heal and kill the heroes coming to kill them. It's absolute misery right now. But holy crap is Zarya absolutely thriving right now. Best she's ever been

Offline nudeargie

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2022, 03:58:58 am »
You have absolutely no idea how truly miserable it is to play support in Overwatch 2. It was just okay in Overwatch 1, but ever since OW2, supports are having more trouble with getting flanked and killed off, along with new maps with much more obstacles that prevent allies rushing in without the supports to get killed before they can get healed, then all the hate being spewed at the support players for not doing a good enough job to heal and kill the heroes coming to kill them. It's absolute misery right now. But holy crap is Zarya absolutely thriving right now. Best she's ever been

Good to know it wasn't just me feeling like support is hard to play. Yeah she's great!

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2022, 11:49:50 pm »
Been playing OW since it came out, and still playing now.

I miss lootboxes though. I never complained about them since I never bought them. And towards the end, I had everything basically so when new stuff came out I was basically handed it just by playing. Having to buy stuff now is horrible and I refuse to. It hurts the completionist in me.

I main Junkrat though...dirty rat main...so I just ultimately play to have fun. I'm glad to see that the patches are more in depth and quicker on system then they were in OW...it's going in the right direction. But even when something is identified, they seem to put it off, like the Zarya nerf.

I'm not a huge fan of the Push maps. The maps themselves are fine, but Push is just guiding the cart with added steps. And these games can go a lot longer. I was never a hater of the 2 cp and king of the hill. And wish that style was still more prominent.

So, in wrapping things up...I don't regret still playing it and I still have fun. It has it's ups and downs like every game and I haven't ever found a game that's 100% perfect.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Online Naturalguy87

• Shouting it out loud
  • Can't PM cuz of a banned member lol
  • Referrals: 10
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2022, 01:45:00 am »
I haven't played it myself.

Offline nudeargie

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2022, 10:46:24 pm »
Been playing OW since it came out, and still playing now.

I miss lootboxes though. I never complained about them since I never bought them. And towards the end, I had everything basically so when new stuff came out I was basically handed it just by playing. Having to buy stuff now is horrible and I refuse to. It hurts the completionist in me.

I main Junkrat though...dirty rat main...so I just ultimately play to have fun. I'm glad to see that the patches are more in depth and quicker on system then they were in OW...it's going in the right direction. But even when something is identified, they seem to put it off, like the Zarya nerf.

I'm not a huge fan of the Push maps. The maps themselves are fine, but Push is just guiding the cart with added steps. And these games can go a lot longer. I was never a hater of the 2 cp and king of the hill. And wish that style was still more prominent.

I only started playing when OW2 came out, I didn't play the OW so I can't really compare, but I fully agree that the pushing maps can be a bit too long.

So, in wrapping things up...I don't regret still playing it and I still have fun. It has it's ups and downs like every game and I haven't ever found a game that's 100% perfect.