Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Upcoming forum upgrade: ideas and discussion  (Read 3517 times)

Offline Wesley

• Administrator
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Upcoming forum upgrade: ideas and discussion
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2023, 08:43:00 am »
Sooo when is this "update" rolling out exactly?

From the original announcement:
"This is just a heads-up we're giving you in advance of the upgrade. Once we have a definitive date of when these features will become unavailable, we will write another post informing you all about it  :azn:"
Got a question or need help with the forum? Shoot me a message :)

Offline Moss

• they/them
  • Nude with Towel
  • DMs are always open, lets chat!
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2023, 10:42:36 am »
I think profiles could use a bit more depth, as @Naturalguy87 said the option to add more photos and having profile pictures being higher resolution if possible. A pronoun feature would also be nice

Offline swede

• Guy Talk
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 14
    • My website
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2023, 06:16:10 pm »
I'd love a album feature in the gallery. Sometimes I want to post two or more pics of the same occasion/space but it doesn't seem appropriate to post more entries. Being able to post a album would be great!

Offline Naturalguy87

• Shouting it out loud
  • Can't PM cuz of a banned member lol
  • Referrals: 10
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2023, 06:57:57 pm »
I'd love a album feature in the gallery. Sometimes I want to post two or more pics of the same occasion/space but it doesn't seem appropriate to post more entries. Being able to post a album would be great!

I second this.

Offline Naturalguy87

• Shouting it out loud
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2023, 05:51:33 pm »
Another idea for a future update; this might draw a little controversy since it's "borrowed" from some less than legitimate nudist social websites - profile verification.

Not that I think there are many fakes here, but we have definitely had several over the years, and a simple means of verifying a profile wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.  Not necessarily mandatory, but an optional feature.

I would also be in favor of a verified only member photo gallery.  I can't speak for everyone else, but I know I would be much more comfortable and likely to post some full, non-cropped photos if I knew that only verified people would be able to view that gallery.

Offline nakedisnatural

• Birthday Suit Enjoyer
  • Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
  • massive doctor who fanboy, loves being naked
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2023, 07:00:40 pm »
A modernised logo perhaps? It looks a little outdated and I think it could be refreshed without changing it drastically. :P

Offline swede

• Guy Talk
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 14
    • My website
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2023, 06:45:11 am »
Another idea for a future update; this might draw a little controversy since it's "borrowed" from some less than legitimate nudist social .

This is a discussion I had for a while with the mods before. We came to the conclusion that it would come with too much legal complications. That if the verification is more than the question, are you over 13, the site has more responsibilities. I can't remember the exact reasoning, but it made sense.

While I still would feel way more comfortable with verification, it would probably mean that the site would have to be based outside the EU and NA. Which isn't that big of a problem.

Also one issue that was raised is that in some places, like our members from Arabian countries, being verified would make it easier to connect to an actual person and some actions, like posting pics could be illegal. Also some people on here seem to like their anonymity

Offline Wesley

• Administrator
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2023, 02:05:33 pm »
Swede sums up some of the issues around verification quite nicely. If we create an ecosystem where a certain group of moderators become responsible to verify other members, those moderators would need to adhere to very strict privacy regulations and various country-dependent rules as to what information can be stored. The website is run by volunteers; we even pay for all the costs out of our own pocket. Adding a strict process we would be responsible for is not something I would want to do.

I also very strongly believe that this is a public forum and should be treated as such. If you have any reason to be selective about who you send information/photos to, you shouldn't be posting that same information on a forum anyone can register on. If you feel more comfortable verifying if someone is who they say they are before you send them anything, don't trust us and verify them yourself!

And besides, we are now at a point in time where any information/photo can be manipulated and even the most strict form of verification, asking for government ID together with an up-to-date photo, can be faked. And of course, the perverted people who shouldn't be here are going to be the most invested in faking their verification and getting away with it. We've seen it in the past, with members who have carefully crafted a trail of photos that only fell through because they slipped up after months on the forum.
Got a question or need help with the forum? Shoot me a message :)

Offline Naturalguy87

• Shouting it out loud
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2023, 03:10:37 pm »
Ah very interesting info.  I will admit I didn't really know any of the possible legal implications that could result from a verification system.  All good to know.

Offline Sunlover

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Nude whenever possible
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2024, 02:27:35 pm »
The messages now appear only on the right half of my phone's screen - do you guys also suffer from such a shrinkage? It's a really narrow field now, to both read and reply to messages...
Feel free to send me PMs on any subject!

Offline NatureBoy3

• Nude without Towel
  • Naked right now
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2024, 10:39:47 pm »
Another idea for a future update; this might draw a little controversy since it's "borrowed" from some less than legitimate nudist social websites - profile verification.

Not that I think there are many fakes here, but we have definitely had several over the years, and a simple means of verifying a profile wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.  Not necessarily mandatory, but an optional feature.

I would also be in favor of a verified only member photo gallery.  I can't speak for everyone else, but I know I would be much more comfortable and likely to post some full, non-cropped photos if I knew that only verified people would be able to view that gallery.

I second this. I was gonna suggest having a higher threshold for getting access to the members section of the gallery, but I'd be in favour of a gallery for verified members only. I've wanted to share some naturist photos and art nudes, but I feel like censoring or cropping them takes something away from them and puts a lot of focus on my body. Unfortunately, I don't feel comfortable sharing them at the moment because I'm concerned they could fall into the wrong hands.

Offline Raphael

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2024, 09:34:25 am »
I would like it if you could react to a post with something other than a simple "Like"
In a German naturist forum, for example, there are these options:
  • Thanks
  • Haha
  • Confused
  • Sad
  • Dislike
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 09:36:01 am by Raphael »

Offline Raphael

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2024, 08:55:04 am »
I would be happy if the Ignore Topics mod could be integrated in the future

Offline newdist

• Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2024, 09:13:49 pm »
one thing I noticed is that I am unable to turn off the feature that sends emails for every incoming PM. when I try turning it off, it simply won't save. Not sure if others have that issue, but that would be a nice upgrade.