General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > Television, Movies and Theatre

Naturism portrayed well in film

(1/3) > >>

Totallynotbev:
I was just watching Lucifer, and in S4E6 there was a scene where a member of a "nudist sanctuary" was killed and the detectives visited to interview people that knew him. They did a good job of not portraying nudists in a highly stereotypical way and the detectives were even nude for the scene. Obviously, since this is television, any nudity is covered with conveniently placed objects, but otherwise I think they did well given the circumstances. People just enjoying a nudist resort and all of the amenities, emphasis on them all just being normal people with normal professions. Pictures attached of some photos I took on my phone of the scene.

pvct1:
Naturism portrayed as such in film is a good thing. But I think it's better if casual nudity is portrayed without any labeling as naturistic, or as something only happens in a specific camp. For examples there are many movies where the the character just wander nude around the house with or without anyone else and not for sexual purposes. That's what normalize nudity to me.

Off the top of my head, in the movie Mothering Sunday, there's a 5 minute sequence where the main female character was just exploring her lover's estate in the nude after she woke up.

Sunnysarahsays:
Zootopia’s was funny

Fishandchips:
Might give the two suggestions a try sometime

Raphael:

--- Quote from: Totallynotbev on October 27, 2023, 02:11:30 am ---... and the detectives were even nude for the scene.

--- End quote ---

I just wonder if they were there undercover?

And would police officers visit a nudist resort naked while on duty in real life? I don't think so.

And this question is more for fun: Would all nudists in real live tolerate the uniforms of the police officers if nudity is compulsory at the resort?
I strongly assume that no one would question the uniforms of the police officers on a nude beach or in a nudist camp. Or perhaps someone unexpectedly sees it differently?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version