Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Virtual Reality  (Read 1491 times)

Offline JoyousLemons

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • She/her
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Virtual Reality
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2024, 10:26:30 am »
My god I didn’t realise VR has been so widely available for that long

the future is now old man

Offline Rob N

• Rob
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
    • Absolute Freedom
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2024, 11:46:08 am »
2016 was the year VR hit the mass market... at least for the wealthy.  The Oculus Rift came out in March followed by the HTC Vive in April.  Both were around a thousand and also needed computers that were high end gaming computers which was another couple thousand. 

I waited until a few years ago and bought the Quest 2 for $300. No computer required.

Quest 3 with accessories was about $800 (case, controller hand straps, better head strap, extra battery) and will be more when I get my eye exam and get script lenses.  (Don't wear glasses in this headset as any active game is likely to scratch the pancake lenses despite their glasses spacer feature). Meta just completely replaced my headset (for free)  for that reason.

As far as computer bound headsets go, I used Oculus Rift in a Best Buy, and (once the guy was able to get it to work) it was amazing, and the PS VR 1 which I got to try the same day in the same store was also amazing. Because of cost though I forgot about VR for many years, until Quest 2 came along. 

I don't really think I'd like being tethered to a computer or console though.  I know they can transmit through wifi now, so I have thought about saving up for a high end computer for use with my Quest 3. Right now there's more than enough stand alone gaming options to keep me busy though. 

Particularly Asgard's Wrath 2. To be able to spin around my entire living room in active combat is pretty freaking spectacular... until you punch a wall or cabinet 😬! What's a little skin for such an amazing experience though!

Offline Naturalguy87

• Shouting it out loud
  • Can't PM cuz of a banned member lol
  • Referrals: 10
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2024, 04:39:41 pm »
I have a budget racing sim with a rift cv1 I bought before COVID for $125 and a wheel setup I bought from a friend for 60 bucks. Lots of fun. I've tried other VR games but they never really appealed to me
I recommend flight sims, but you can get locked into gear acquisition syndrome almost as quickly as with racing sims.

My roommate is a perfect example of this lol.

He built a custom gaming computer and has a full flight sim setup including a jet style seat complete with a harness, joysticks, throttles, rudder pedals, VR headset, the whole 9 yards.  Thousands of dollars worth of computer components and accessories.

Offline Rob N

• Rob
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
    • Absolute Freedom
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2024, 11:07:59 pm »
I have a budget racing sim with a rift cv1 I bought before COVID for $125 and a wheel setup I bought from a friend for 60 bucks. Lots of fun. I've tried other VR games but they never really appealed to me
I recommend flight sims, but you can get locked into gear acquisition syndrome almost as quickly as with racing sims.

My roommate is a perfect example of this lol.

He built a custom gaming computer and has a full flight sim setup including a jet style seat complete with a harness, joysticks, throttles, rudder pedals, VR headset, the whole 9 yards.  Thousands of dollars worth of computer components and accessories.

I wish I was so rich!

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Nude when possible he/him
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2024, 12:12:46 am »
My god I didn’t realise VR has been so widely available for that long

the future is now old man

Old??? 🥺meanie lol

Offline Rob N

• Rob
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
    • Absolute Freedom
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2024, 02:18:44 am »
I’ve not used VR but it looks cool

It is cool, and even if you start out on the inexpensive side by picking up a quest 2, there is so much you can do with that for $250.

Offline Raphael

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2024, 09:44:05 am »
So I'm kinda surprised to see nothing here about virtual reality.
Since this is a nudist forum, I'm not really surprised. For me, nudity is a way to escape technology and to better perceive the real world. I think we are already distracted enough by technical devices. That's why I'm not the least bit interested in VR.