Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: X-MEN Origins: Wolverine - 2009  (Read 2670 times)

innersouth2020

X-MEN Origins: Wolverine - 2009
« on: May 11, 2009, 07:24:54 pm »
Starring: Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber, Ryan Reynolds

Genre: Sci Fi/Fantasy

Summary: For all the Marvel fans out there, this is the prequel to the X-Men Trilogy and really lays the ground work for understanding how Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) comes to be the way he is.

From his beginnings as a child with on film brother played by Liev Schreiber, they fight in nearly every war as Schreiber satisfies his insatiable appetite for violence, killing and domination until finally they are enlisted into a special forces team within the US Government.

The story begins to unfold with the violent and trying events of Wolverines lost love and his complex transformation into Weapon X and the reason he cannot remember his past in the following X-Men films.

My Review: People either love the X-Men franchise or they don't and whilst it is not as good as the final X-Men film "The Last Stand", had this movie originally been made first, it would have made more sense as they would have occured in order. If you like action and violence this is a great movie (I am an X-Men fan) and well worth seeing on the big screen with state of the art sound. This will appeal to all those who envy Hugh Jackmans physique to those who enjoy a perve. There are two scenes where Jackman is in the nude but don't count on him showing up at any nudist events anytime soon.

Offline Alex

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 14
Re: X-MEN Origins: Wolverine - 2009
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 09:27:35 pm »
I thought it was an all right movie, but the most obvious ploy ever to create more prequels and x-men movies. Deadpool and Gambit have already been announced. I'm guessing they'll be a Xavier when he can walk prequel as well. Damm these corporations :P
On an extended IYNO break... for now.

Offline Canudie_Jake

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 02:07:50 am »
If you waited till the end there is a possible X Men continuation or a certain character

Offline Oboe

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 09:46:07 am »
I just got back from seeing it, I thought it was pretty good actually. Entertaining.

Offline Turtlejosh

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 03:58:52 pm »
If you waited till the end there is a possible X Men continuation or a certain character

Not in my cinema, all we got was Wolverine in a japanese bar..I was well annoyed by that

sydney25

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 10:27:38 am »
Sorry to bring this back to the top but I am actually in this film. I was an extra and have a close up in the scene in the fair ground just before the guy does the light bulb trick. I even have a fake moustache. We filmed it in Sydney and it was great fun. Hugh Jackman was really friendly. Great guy :)

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 10:32:46 am »
Sorry to bring this back to the top but I am actually in this film. I was an extra and have a close up in the scene in the fair ground just before the guy does the light bulb trick. I even have a fake moustache. We filmed it in Sydney and it was great fun. Hugh Jackman was really friendly. Great guy :)

wow we have a movie star in our midst! I'll have to watch it now.

sydney25

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 10:50:21 am »
Lol it was great fun. Yes my mini-second of stardom which took two days to film :)

Offline MERRD

• Nude without Towel
  • The Royal Naked One
  • Referrals: 0
    • My Interview on IYNO
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 12:23:43 pm »
Hmm. Is there a clip of you on youtube? :D
"They found out my degree was less than legitimate"
"I thought you had a bachelor from Columbia?"
"Yeah, so now I need one from America"

sydney25

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 04:52:00 pm »
Doubt it as yet but I will get it on DVD. I saw the movie in the cinema but forgot I was wearing a fake moustache lol. By the way I notice you are in the Netherlands where they show another show I've been in called Home and Away. I have lots of clips of that on my Youtube :) William

sydney25

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 02:03:14 am »
Hmm. Is there a clip of you on youtube? :D

Hmm Martin you asked if there was a clip of me in Wolverine so hmm I have found one. Not the best quality clip in terms of picture quality but I am the guy with the dodgy fake moustache looking like a pimp. My top lip was irritated for days after that. We filmed it in the Sydney suburb of Glebe and at Fox Studios in early March 2008. So here it is especially for Martin. Hmm indeed  :765   :234567

Me in Wolverine
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 02:07:03 am by sydney25 »

randomer909

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 09:12:19 pm »
Did anyone else see the extra wee scenes at the end? I cant remember the 1st but the 2nd 1 was Deadpool's head being picked up by his body, and then him winking definitely signalling a deadpool solo movie

sydney25

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 11:23:16 am »
Yes we all stayed to the end whilst most of the cinema had left before the end of the credits. Great fun staying until the end as you get these hidden gems  :123456

randomer909

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 07:58:41 pm »
Well it's official. X Men Origins - Wolverine 2 is being made. He's going to Japan and fighting some guys I dunno but what does everyone think?

sydney25

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2009, 05:31:40 am »
That's awesome news  :2345