Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The Naturist Resort of Vera Playa Spain  (Read 14632 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
The Naturist Resort of Vera Playa Spain
« on: April 14, 2010, 03:24:02 am »
The Costa Almeria naturist resort of Vera Playa gets its name from the town of Vera, located a little inland from the resort, located in the autonomous region of Andalucia, Spain. One of the largest naturist resorts in Europe, it is unique in that there are no restrictions or barriers between it and the outside world. Naturism is embraced here, and a large majority (some 80%) of the properties on the resort are Spanish owned, showing that the Spanish themselves have accepted the naturist lifestyle that is encouraged in Vera Playa.

Attracting naturists from all over the world, Vera Playa has a fabulous sandy beach, which extends for around four kilometres on a section of Spain’s most unspoilt coastline, between Villaricos and Puerto del Rey.

Vera Playa has its own Four Star Hotel, run by Playa Hoteles, the hotel offers 270 rooms, including studios and apartments. There also some camping facilities in Vera Playa and these are exclusively for naturists, and situated just behind the beach area.

Other facilities in Vera Playa include a good choice of bars and restaurants, supermarkets and shops, and evening entertainment. A dozen or so apartment complexes offer a large number of privately owned properties for rent, should this be your chosen form of accommodation.

Apart from enjoying the beach facilities and weather that Vera Playa enjoys, there are some interesting towns and villages that are well worth visiting during your stay in the resort. These include the town of Vera (from which Playa Vera gets its name), the attractive fishing village of Garrucha (famous for its fish restaurants), and the hilltop town of Mojacar with its many interesting historical buildings and charming old quarter to explore.

From:http://www.bestarticle.org/travel/the-naturist-resort-of-vera-playa-spain/

http://www.veraplaya.info/

« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 03:25:42 am by Danee »
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

rc

Re: The Naturist Resort of Vera Playa Spain
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 03:55:54 am »
That would be so amesome to visit

Offline Luke M

• Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 02:53:30 pm »
Has anyone been there? I really want to visit.

Offline cp

• Retired Staff
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 10:52:19 am »
Has anyone been there? I really want to visit.
I was there at the beginning of October this year, sadly only for 2 day visits, but plan to have a week there next year, staying in one of the apartments in the naturist Zone / Village..

I can honestly say, it is all and if not more as the article Danee posted states..

Really lovely area..

Offline Estefyla

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 11:09:31 am »
We have been there 3 times, and although the hotel is a bit more expensive than other places like apartamente, I have to tell you that is a great resort. And, of course, Almería in general and its natural park is an awesome place to practise nudism.

Offline tunick1981

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 07:51:46 pm »
I've never been to Vera!!  :shocked: I'd like to visit this place, I always go to Alicante beaches or El Portus in Cartagena, it's time to change and discovering new places  :grin:

Offline wiener

• Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 03:30:47 pm »
Maybe I'll join too:)
Did you read reviews about it? Do you think it's similar to Valalta? Like animation programs, sport possibilities, etc.? :)

Offline VandyFan08

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 01:50:43 pm »
Thought I would jump in as my wife and I spent a few nights in Vera during our trip through Europe this past summer (and, since we've been to Valalta, might be able to talk about the differences between them).

We were there a bit before peak season, so a lot was still closed.  The naturist section is relatively big (you can find maps online) and there are around 4 restaurants that you can eat at nude and a few bars as well.  Grocery store, other restaurants, etc. are all relatively conveniently located outside the naturist zone.

As far as entertainment, etc., I think it depends a lot on which urbanizacion you stay in.  We rented an apartment via AirBNB, and were one of only 4 couples staying in the complex (which had about 20 units). Some of the other complexes near the beach seemed to be much busier.  If you are looking for entertainment, etc., these would be better choices. Or try the hotel (blanking on name but quick google search will lead you to it).

While it was overall a fun experience (definitely relaxing in the middle of a month long trip), I'm not sure I would go back outside of peak season as a) it's a bit of pain to get to (no trains, we didn't have a car, multiple buses to get there from Granada) and b) isn't as much a resort as just a naturist section of town.

We much preferred the feel of Valalta as that resort was much more expansive, variety of places to walk, things to see.  Regardless, I don't think you'll be disappointed by Vera, just keep your expectations of a sleepy beach city in mind.

If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to ask and I'll try to answer as I can.