Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: New Drums  (Read 1596 times)

Offline jeep

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
  • Freedom is not obtained or kept unless faught for
  • Referrals: 0
New Drums
« on: April 25, 2010, 06:39:58 am »
Well i picked up my new Drums last week, My son has dragged away the old kit with trash can lid cymbals (Well they were pretty bad) for his bands new drummer to use (A drummer without drums - Hmmm) so i bought myself a brand new set of Sonor Drums consisting of 14" snare, 10 and 13" hanging Toms, 14" floor tom and 20" Bass. The cymbals are Zilgian and sound great. So a few phone calls were made and two of the guys (A drummer and another guitarist) i used to be in a metal band with came over for our first jam session together in 14 or so years, we were loose as a goose werre far from tight and had forgotten half of what we used to play but as we all remembered different bits we managed to put a few things together. We had a ball and are now intending on getting together each Sunday morning., and since another guitarist from back in the day wants to join us so i see the residential values of adjacent houses going down in the short term  haha.

Nude_not_rude

Re: New Drums
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 04:46:01 pm »
Holy !@#!@#!! over 15years in the music industry I've rarely seen a kit as big as that! What kind of music do you play?

Stuart

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 04:47:52 pm »
Holy !@#!@#!! over 15years in the music industry I've rarely seen a kit as big as that! What kind of music do you play?

I suspect it might be the loud variety  :4345

Offline jeep

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
  • Freedom is not obtained or kept unless faught for
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 07:19:12 am »
Thats a nice set, wish i could afford one with that many bits, I'm guessing its a Pearl set or at least based around Pearl. I suppose if i didnt play guitar as well id have more loot for drums but do enjoy playing both. Are supposed to be having a nother jam this saterday.

Offline Ed

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 06:26:18 pm »
I'm currently playing on a variety of kits with uni - I've got a silver Mapex V Series, also playing on newer V Series and Pearl Export practice kits, M Birch and Tama Rockstar concert kits. I'm using pretty crap cymbals (13" Planet Z hats and 16" Planet Z crash, Pearl CX3200 ride and a ZBT splash). I want to get round to buying a set of Sabian HH cymbals, but frankly I just haven't the cash :(

Hopefully I'll have some videos of me playing with a few bands on the 23rd!