Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: A "heads-up" on some low airfares, Scotland-Canada  (Read 2655 times)

Offline brandon

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Texas
  • Referrals: 5
A "heads-up" on some low airfares, Scotland-Canada
« on: April 27, 2010, 02:59:43 pm »
A few months ago I suggested creating a section on the forum to mention travel bargains that are not specifically naturist, but might be helpful for members traveling to naturist destinations. I'm still not quite sure of the best place to post information like this, but here are some interesting fares for travel on a charter airline between Scotland and Canada.

I received this information from http://www.visitscotland.com and you might find other information at http://www.cometoscotland.com

We all know that Scotland is a fantastic place for naturist hiking, if you can brave chilly temperatures. For those thinking of traveling to Canada from Europe, Toronto has its popular clothing-optional Hanlan's Point Beach, a 10 minute ferry ride from downtown, and Vancouver, BC has its famous clothing-optional Wreck Beach.

One warning for the naive: There will probably be a couple of hundred dollars in taxes, airport fees, and possibly fuel surcharges tacked on to these fares, so don't expect to actually travel for the advertised fares.

Please note that the fares are one-way and may be different depending on which direction you are traveling since airlines offer a limited number of seats at a given fare.

Anyhow, with those warnings, here are some of the advertised fares found on the travel agency's webpage:

GLASGOW to TORONTO   $50,  MAY 8, 9, 10, 14, 20
GLASGOW to VANCOUVER $50, MAY 19

CALGARY to GLASGOW $99, MAY 19, 26; JUNE 2, 9, 16
TORONTO to GLASGOW $99, MAY 30; JUNE 2, 6, 9, 21

Similar fares are available from other airports the UK and Ireland and to Montreal (which has some good naturist opportunities), as well as Edmonton and Ottawa. There are somewhat more expensive fares to Halifax, which has an unofficial clothing-optional beach.

Don't expect the water to be particularly warm anywhere in Canada in May or June!

You may be able to upgrade to Premium class for an extra $150 each way.

An image on the agency's webpage shows a Thomas Cook aircraft. I don't know if these fares are in fact with Thomas Cook.

Always pay for air travel with a credit card so that you will be covered if the travel agency or airline goes bankrupt.

If you don't have a passport, you will need one.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 03:36:24 pm by brandon »
We have it in our power to begin the world over again.  -Thomas Paine