Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Kick Ass  (Read 3389 times)

Offline Turtlejosh

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 5
Kick Ass
« on: April 30, 2010, 07:43:18 pm »
Go see it. End of Review.

Nah I kid, but yes it is an insanely awesome film and I LOVED it. In a nutshell, the film tells the story of an ordinary teenager, Dave Lizewski (Johnson), who sets out to become a real-life superhero calling himself Kick-Ass. Dave gets caught up in a bigger fight when he meets Big Daddy (Cage), a former cop who, in his quest to bring down the evil drug lord Frank D'Amico (Strong), has trained his eleven-year-old daughter to be the ruthless vigilante Hit-Girl (Moretz).

Johnson is brilliant as this typically unknown teenager, who has done the act we all wish we could and become a superhero. At the same time, Cage and Moretz are playing off each other perfectly, with this being one of Cage's better films. They had me in stitches, from the way Big Daddy was so off the wall and how Moretz had more attitude than an entire street corner of chavs. Honestly, watching a little girl say the C word is one of the best cinematic experiances I have had. Someone who is rarely mentioned by trailers of synopsis' is Mintz-Plasse a.k.a Mclovin'. He is the son of D'Amico and is encouraged to befriend Kick-ass in order to kill him later. He is also brilliant, with him and Johnson playing more comedic superheroes when compared to Daddy and Hit-Girl. I was literally laughing through most of the film out loud, and trust me I don't often do that. Don't let the idea of it being a comedy fool you, it seriously has alot of action, blood, tears and drama. I almost cried at one point.

I really suggest you go and see this film unless you don't like humour, swearing, blood, action, Teen's in tights e.t.c. But I give it 5 stars, it's just that great.

Seriously, it is Kick-Ass. Sorry, had to ;)

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 03:25:51 pm by Danee »

Stuart

Re: Kick Ass
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 08:22:13 pm »
Go see it. End of Review.

Nah I kid, but yes it is an insanely awesome film and I LOVED it. In a nutshell, the film tells the story of an ordinary teenager, Dave Lizewski (Johnson), who sets out to become a real-life superhero calling himself Kick-Ass. Dave gets caught up in a bigger fight when he meets Big Daddy (Cage), a former cop who, in his quest to bring down the evil drug lord Frank D'Amico (Strong), has trained his eleven-year-old daughter to be the ruthless vigilante Hit-Girl (Moretz).

Johnson is brilliant as this typically unknown teenager, who has done the act we all wish we could and become a superhero. At the same time, Cage and Moretz are playing off each other perfectly, with this being one of Cage's better films. They had me in stitches, from the way Big Daddy was so off the wall and how Moretz had more attitude than an entire street corner of chavs. Honestly, watching a little girl say the C word is one of the best cinematic experiances I have had. Someone who is rarely mentioned by trailers of synopsis' is Mintz-Plasse a.k.a Mclovin'. He is the son of D'Amico and is encouraged to befriend Kick-ass in order to kill him later. He is also brilliant, with him and Johnson playing more comedic superheroes when compared to Daddy and Hit-Girl. I was literally laughing through most of the film out loud, and trust me I don't often do that. Don't let the idea of it being a comedy fool you, it seriously has alot of action, blood, tears and drama. I almost cried at one point.

I really suggest you go and see this film unless you don't like humour, swearing, blood, action, Teen's in tights e.t.c. But I give it 5 stars, it's just that great.

Seriously, it is Kick-Ass. Sorry, had to ;)

What he said. End of reply  :909

Offline Luke M

• Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 03:37:32 am »
 :3145

AWESOME MOVIE!

Kismet

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 01:26:46 pm »
I Liked It Very Much as Well.

I did think it had one flaw, story-wise, but was overall a very very well imagined film.

Arsonist

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 03:19:24 pm »
Amazing movie! The story flowed perfectly, nothing left out. Action-packed with a script that anyone would love!

Moretz definitely needs to keep at it in the action movie scene. I vote she should be in the next Die Hard!  :786

Offline Cabding

• Lord-Master of Vita Nuda Southeast
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
  • Referrals: 9
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 04:23:45 pm »
I thought this movie was amazing! It was way more dramatic than I expected. that's not to say it doesn't have its really funny parts. Seeing the girl get shot for the first time had me laughing for a while. The music was great in this thing too! It went perfect with the movie, and can really move you. The instrumental with Big Daddy getting ready to go out was surprisingly moving. Props to nick cage for not doing his usual "eh" style of acting. Seriously, go watch it! It's funny and kick ass. Second one comes out 2012
Trying to unite the lost naked souls of the Southeast US. Message our Facebook page or PM me to get involved!

Riot.EXE

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 12:59:43 am »
Yeah, the movie was a good adaptation of the comics, and in some ways actually BETTER than the comics.  Every change made sense, to me...plus they made certain characters more likable (Big Daddy comes to mind).

The OP's synopsis is spoileriffic though...might wanna fix that.

Stuart

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 08:07:23 pm »
WARNING: NOT FOR THE EASILY OFFENDED:

Some very foul language and some extreme violence, all delivered by an eleven year old girl

This film rocked!

Offline Cabding

• Lord-Master of Vita Nuda Southeast
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
  • Referrals: 9
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 04:05:00 pm »
The way she thinks its a game and kick-ass is freaking out makes it all the better
Trying to unite the lost naked souls of the Southeast US. Message our Facebook page or PM me to get involved!

Offline Turtlejosh

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 02:39:41 pm »
Ah man I just got this on Blu ray and have watched it 4 times in 3 days, I just love it that much still

Offline Daft

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 03:33:13 am »
This movie is awesome!
A nova geração.

Offline RD

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 11:12:14 am »
I saw this movie for the fort time ferment and live it to! It just so ridiculous sometimes but so funny too!

And the soundtrack is brilliant as well:
Prodigy - Stand Up

Offline RD

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 07:34:58 pm »
Kick-Ass 2 Update
Mark Millar and Matthew Vaughn discuss the future of Kick-Ass and Red Mist.

With superhero satire Kick-Ass set to hit screens at the end of the month, the men behind the movie have been talking up plans for a sequel.

Indeed, anyone who has read Titan's excellent companion tome 'Kick-Ass: Creating the Comic, Making the Movie' will know that creator Mark Millar and director Matthew Vaughn have already been discussing ideas.

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD

Writing in the book, Matthew Vaughn says "I don't want to tempt fate, but Mark and I, over a couple of beers, came up with the funniest, coolest idea for a sequel, that we would only be able to get away with if the film does well. We'd dial it up to 11, shall we say..."

Click above for IGN'a exclusive video from the set of Kick-Ass.

And while we don't know the specifics, Mark Millar does discuss some elements of part two...

"One of my favourite ideas in superhero comics is the exposure of the secret identity... I like the idea of doing that to somebody like Kick-Ass, who's going to have real-world ramifications if his secret identity gets exposed. I wanted that in the first volume but there was just no room, so I shifted it all into the second volume."

BEWARE: MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD

Millar also hints at the future for Red Mist, Kick-Ass's friend-turned-foe...

"Red Mist surviving, becoming the super-villain was always planned, but the idea was that he was going to be a more minor character in the first film. Then we saw what Chris [Mintz-Plasse] was capable of! Also, I really like the idea of somebody who people were relaxed watching on screen doing horrible things... the second movie, it's going to get very, very dark what goes on with him.

"The analogy I always make is Once Upon a Time in the West; when you see Henry Fonda shoot a kid - it's so shocking. That's the thing I always remember from that film, because the audience relaxes when they see Henry Fonda, and you think "Well, nothing too bad's going to happen," and then he shoots a kid. I love playing around with people's emotions like that.

"So the idea of McLovin' and the fun Red Mist doing something horrible is genuinely quite disturbing when you see it happen. We couldn't have got away with that with another actor. The minute we saw his performance, we were looking at each other and realised how good he was and what we could do with him in the future..."

So there you have it - Kick-Ass exposed and Red Mist turning evil in part two. IGN also exclusively talked to Millar about the future of Hit-Girl, and we'll be posting that video interview following the release of the movie.

'Kick-Ass: Creating the Comic, Making the Movie' is on shelves now, while the film hits UK screens on March 31 and worldwide in early April.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/107/1075816p1.html

No mention of Hit Girl so far, which I think would be a real loss to the franchise

Offline Fitz1980

• Shouting it out loud
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 02:09:13 am »
No mention of Hit Girl so far, which I think would be a real loss to the franchise

Me and my GF were talking about this.  The idea that

*****POSSIBLE SPOILER*****

kickass' secret identity gets blown as a plot device.  That's an interesting one because I can't recall another comic superhero having to deal with that.

As for Hitgirl I said that they need to get cracking on the sequel otherwise the actress who played Hitgirl won't be a little girl anymore.  In comics they can keep people eternally young, if that's what their character is; in the real world child actors age quickly.  GF pointed out that perhaps they could use the actors aging as a plot device.  Perhaps Hitgirl is now in middle school or high school and she's having to worry about juggling her school life with her life as an underground vigilante. 

Riot.EXE

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 03:47:44 am »

Me and my GF were talking about this.  The idea that

*****POSSIBLE SPOILER*****

kickass' secret identity gets blown as a plot device.  That's an interesting one because I can't recall another comic superhero having to deal with that.

As for Hitgirl I said that they need to get cracking on the sequel otherwise the actress who played Hitgirl won't be a little girl anymore.  In comics they can keep people eternally young, if that's what their character is; in the real world child actors age quickly.  GF pointed out that perhaps they could use the actors aging as a plot device.  Perhaps Hitgirl is now in middle school or high school and she's having to worry about juggling her school life with her life as an underground vigilante. 

It happened to Spider-Man...twice.  Both of those times got retconned though.