Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Nude sunbathers on Berrow Beach upset residents  (Read 4265 times)

Ace001

Nude sunbathers on Berrow Beach upset residents
« on: June 02, 2010, 01:20:25 am »
I was reading this article and I though I'd share, especially since so much resonates with me.

I think this guy says it best when he says:

"Why should we be forced to go somewhere else because some people wrinkle their noses at it?"

But then again there's always this thought:

"People are walking along the beach with young families and they're standing up and flaunting themselves."

"Unfortunately that's not widely known because we have cultural and social issues in this country that make a lot of people think a naked person, particularly a naked man for some reason, is up to no good."

These comments always make me sad since it's definitely not the case that all people who are nude, especially men, are up to no good.

Nude sunbathers on Berrow Beach upset residents

Nude sunbathers at Berrow Beach, in Burnham, are upsetting residents, a councillor has said.

Parish councillor Carol Dyer said they appeared to be exhibitionists rather than genuine naturists.

She said the beach was not a designated nudist area although it is listed as one on a website.

Avon and Somerset Police said it was not illegal to be naked unless the person exposing themselves was causing others harassment, alarm or distress.

Councillor Dyer said: "A lot of them aren't actually what I'd call nudists, they're more exhibitionists.

"People are walking along the beach with young families and they're standing up and flaunting themselves."

Andrew Welch, from British Naturism, said: "If I took my clothes off now and walked down the street where I live I would not be committing a crime.

"Unfortunately that's not widely known because we have cultural and social issues in this country that make a lot of people think a naked person, particularly a naked man for some reason, is up to no good."

Mr Welch asked: "Why should we be forced to go somewhere else because some people wrinkle their noses at it?"

But he added: "We have trouble on some beaches where some people use them for cruising grounds, for meeting people, for stripping off and doing things to each other that we don't want to see.

"We are against it and want to stamp it out."

Inspector Roger Tolley said he would encourage nude sunbathers to use designated beaches.

"It's a family resort with lots of people and lots of young children who clearly don't want to stumble upon naked people on the beach," he said.

Link: Here 

My biggest thing about this article though is that I completely sympathize with the guy, in that if you're a male and nude, you must be a pervert, a pedophile, a molester, or an exhibitionist. You can't be a guy who just didn't feel like putting pants on, nor see it as necessary. I can't count the times where I've woken up on campus, and maybe had to use the bathroom, or get water, or even walk out from the shower to the sink (legit like 10 feet) because I forgot something and felt the overwhelming need to cover up not because I'm ashamed, but because I know if I ran into someone it'd be hell. I'd either have to deal with the absurdities of the people I live with, or god forbid it should be a girl, because then I'd have to deal with being gross, nasty, comical, or a pervert. People really need to get off their high horses.

Offline brandon

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Texas
  • Referrals: 5
Re: Nude sunbathers on Berrow Beach upset residents
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 03:00:28 am »
It would be great if naturists from all over England descended on this town so that residents can become more acclimatised to seeing nude sunbathers.

It is understandable that residents who are not accustomed to seeing naturists using the beach would be shocked by seeing a naturist. Perhaps some signage and education would be helpful.

I don't approve of cruising or public displays of affection, nude or clothed, but merely standing or walking nude on a beach shouldn't be a crime. But if cruising is a major problem, I suppose naturists could be asked to wrap a towel around themselves when standing up or strolling around. Not an ideal situation, but it might keep away cruisers who give naturists a bad name.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 03:13:34 am by brandon »
We have it in our power to begin the world over again.  -Thomas Paine

rc

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 07:04:02 am »
i agree totally that people think that a naked male is someting to fear i mean the statue of david is not that scary people

Offline brandon

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Texas
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 01:10:27 am »
If you don't like it look the other way.

How difficult is that?

:76 :4345

It's actually very difficult, lol. Especially if the nude person is an attractive member of the opposite/same sex (according to what one's mind finds interesting.)
We have it in our power to begin the world over again.  -Thomas Paine

Offline Five9

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 3
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 02:22:57 am »
If you don't like it look the other way.

How difficult is that?

:76 :4345

I wish someone would just tell them to grow up and move on if they don't like it.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever.

Offline Jann

• Free Range Naturist
  • Female Chat
  • Nude without Towel
  • I am nothing if not myself
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 03:42:22 pm »

I don't approve of flaunting but in my opinion flaunting requires overt exhibitionism.  Simply going for a run, or a walk, or a swim is not exhibitionism.  Lying motionless while broiling on the beach seems to be more unnatural because, for me, inactivity is unnatural.
Millions of years of evolution have combined to produce me. 
I'm rather hoping that I don't bugger it up in one lifetime.

Offline Jann

• Free Range Naturist
  • Female Chat
  • Nude without Towel
  • I am nothing if not myself
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 03:47:31 pm »
"It's a family resort with lots of people and lots of young children who clearly don't want to stumble upon naked people on the beach," he said.

Ooh, here is a thought for the stumblebums:  Open your eyes and watch where you put your big feet!
That should to solve the stumbling problem at least.

Now then, about that rectal-cranial inversion

:4235
Millions of years of evolution have combined to produce me. 
I'm rather hoping that I don't bugger it up in one lifetime.

Offline Cabding

• Lord-Master of Vita Nuda Southeast
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
  • Referrals: 9
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 09:42:51 pm »
I wouldn't say taking a walk with your thoughts or another is flaunting. Taking a few passes and waving it around in peoples faces might be seen as flaunting to some. Because it is. There is a difference that needs to be understood!
Trying to unite the lost naked souls of the Southeast US. Message our Facebook page or PM me to get involved!