Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Exploitation? Information?  (Read 6135 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Exploitation? Information?
« on: June 11, 2010, 12:57:31 am »
Exploitation? Information? Or just two nude females on a video cooking show. It all depends on your intent or your mindset.

http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xccd4h_i-love-2-cook-naked-jezabel-sabrina_lifestyle">
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
Re: Exploitation? Information?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 01:05:56 am »
I was going to say "unsafe" but they aren't actually cooking :)

I dislike the word "exploitation" because it's very empty of meaning these days just meaning the speaker wishes to say that it is bad while trying to take a high moral stance without actually justifying anything so I prefer not to use it.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline Bobbert

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 01:15:03 am »
That video has some solid information in it. I suppose someone could mute that video and watch just to see nude girls, but there are lots easier ways to do the same thing online that are more titillating.  It seems like a cool idea.

genxnaturist

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 02:06:08 am »
I decided to take look at the website www.ilove2cooknaked.com.  Its accorse a membership site, you have to get pay to see more.  So that one video isnt exactly represenative of their shows.  Now is it exploitational or informational?  A few folks in nudist community have used term exploitational videos to describe so called nudist themed videos that were done from 1930s to 1970s which used documentary of nudist lifestyle as way to basicaly show naked people in part females.  For most part such movies didnt really do anything to actualy promote actual nudism values and was way that average joe could enjoy seeing some young beautiful naked females and they in reality didnt care for well naturism philosophy.  Now accorse another way of talking about exploitation is like well exploiting the actual women.  I believe in case of this website the women arent being emploited they are probably  making nice amount of money.  Same time, the show doesnt seem to talk about well naturist values other than idea of well being healthy, so use of nudity is more of prop way to attract viewers.  In way its no different than advertising using sexy women in bikinis and all to get more sales.  So from this point you could say its not much different than old naturist exploitation movies.

Is it informational, well this particular video isnt to much informational, but it is part of other episodes so they might be more informative.

Michael

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 03:01:17 am »
according to their website
At ilove2cooknaked.com we teach you something that is good for you...
but first we get your attention!
and I think that's what it's about. Not sure the teaching is anything to write home about as it seems the girls don't know much more than the viewer, but the producers give them a topic to talk about. Exploitation? Well if it was just a couple of girls doing their own website for fun then I'd say no, but this appears to be that the presenters are random girls who audition for a gig and just do it for the money they may get. Therefore I'd say exploitation? Yes, probably.

As for information...well there's not much of that going on. As I said earlier the presenters don't appear to know any more than the viewer. Certainly not on the level of a Nigella Lawson or Cat Cora....
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 03:08:37 am by Toddo »

genxnaturist

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 03:03:56 am »
though I think its form of explotation as in using nudity as way to promote product, I believe women themselves arent being exploited.  They auditioned for gig and getting money,  they were not forced to do such, nore doing this to well make money to get out of economic hardship. Though thats my thoughts

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 03:17:28 am »
So it's exploitation of some males vunerabilities?

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 03:54:12 am »

Isn't any successful marketing?

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 04:00:46 am »

Isn't any successful marketing?

True.

rc

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 07:19:27 am »
they have a couple of viedos on dailymotion, all in the same kitchen its not a cooking or a nudist show but one of those werid kink shows

Offline Cabding

• Lord-Master of Vita Nuda Southeast
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
  • Referrals: 9
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 03:32:11 pm »
based off the video here, and the sample video on the website, they obviously arent given a script to follow. like they did one take and said, screw standards, you see boobs and you talked about food, good enough. i love the part where you can see the boom mike thing at 5:00 minute mark. I don't think they are being exploited. they are doing a job and probably being paid well to take off thier clothes and talk about food for a bit. the video looks good taken by itself. like it can be hosted at a Nudist venue and no one be offended. the website looks slightly more sexual oriented without actually going there, it just leans in that direction. With all that, i think the video is okay. i would watch the series, get an autograph from one of the girls, and follow thier simple advice to avoid soda.
Trying to unite the lost naked souls of the Southeast US. Message our Facebook page or PM me to get involved!

Offline joeyn

• Umm...
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Me
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 04:32:35 pm »
Doesn't seem like serious cooking.

Joey

Offline NickUMA10

• The Nutty Professor
  • Nude with Towel
  • Freedom is a Mind and Body State
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 07:02:45 pm »
Exploitation? Nope.

Informational? Not really.

A great marketing ploy to get men to pony up more cash to see naked women? Bingo.
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people"-Confucius

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 07:14:05 pm »
A great marketing ploy to get men to pony up more cash to see naked women? Bingo.

Well, it seems to make everyone happy (the company, the "cooks", the customers).

Offline Cabding

• Lord-Master of Vita Nuda Southeast
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
  • Referrals: 9
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 02:39:14 pm »
Poking around the website, the girl with the Star tattoo has her own website with a slightly adult theme under the links section. Like everyone agrees, Not really informational, Not really exploitation, but it def could be better.
Trying to unite the lost naked souls of the Southeast US. Message our Facebook page or PM me to get involved!