Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Minorities in Naturism,  (Read 10091 times)

Offline Fitz1980

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Minorities in Naturism,
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 02:05:39 pm »
think most of it has to do with religion/culture that most black people embrace. I hate tracing things back like this, but religion is so important to a lot of black families, something that had been instilled from slavery, segregation, etc. that most won't stray or question it.

I used to live in South Florida and saw plenty of black (& other minority) naked people at Haulover.  The whole South Florida area is just very minority-heavy.  Most nudist resorts are located in rural areas that are mostly white.  Let's be honest if the place is 15 minutes away you are more likely to frequent than if it's 2 hours away.

A few years back I had a roommate who was older than me and had a very ethnically diverse heritage.  She considered herself black as she was dark skinned, had been married to a black man for 10 years & mostly dated black men.  When me and our other roommate Maria asked her & her BF (a black man) to join us on a visit to the nudist resort she said that BF wouldn't be OK with it because "black people don't do that kind of stuff & think it's weird."  Ironically she was often casually naked with us at the apt; plus she had told us that when her kids were still living at home she or they would be casually naked with no problems.  But apparently if you talk about going to a nudist resort it get casually naked among strangers the response is "[most] black folk don't do that."

There are obvious acceptations, such as my friend Andrea from my above picture.  She loved nudity for it's own sake.  She spent a few years in Iceland as a college soccer player.  She lived in a dorm/house style place & told me that she quickly developed a reputation as the "naked girl."  They had semi-private bedrooms but bathrooms, kitchen & living space were communal.  Apparently she quickly developed the reputation of being "the naked girl" because you could often find her cooking something, walking back from the shower or just watching TV naked and thinking nothing of it.

The first time I took her to Haulover we were walking though that tunnel that goes under Route A1A (separating the parking lot from the beach) & she kept asking "can I get naked yet?"

Offline Baseballfan

• Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 05:22:45 am »
I've seen some asian and hispanic nudists. Its always a pleasant suprise to see more non-white try nudism!

Ace001

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 03:26:20 pm »
I've seen some asian and hispanic nudists. Its always a pleasant suprise to see more non-white try nudism!

I actually had a lovely conversation with a Japanese woman in Japanese at Red Rock. Quite the pleasant surprise.

Kismet

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 04:31:41 pm »
Thanks for spurring this very important topic, Danee.

Just this last weekend I was thinking about how it seemed like there were more non-white folks nude on the beach. Could be it has been increasing gradually without my knowing it, but it really seemed as though some watershed moment had passed, at least in the northeast. I can remember going from Lighthouse to another beach in the same day, and seeing an obvious change-over from all white (Lighthouse) to very intermixed, to all non-white. But the other day I saw Black couples, men and women, latinos and latinas, obviously gay and straight couples, I don't recall seeing any folks of asian decent but that doesn't mean they weren't there (I didn't go to make a study, after all). All very good and hopeful, it seemed to me.

:2345   

i-naked

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 09:22:26 am »
A while ago I wrote on my blog about race and naturism you can read it here: http://i-naked.info/blog/files/869980c900d752715867954a6362b345-51.html (I will copy it and paste it onto the board later on)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2017, 04:17:14 pm »
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/