Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Scuba Diving  (Read 181437 times)

Nude_not_rude

Scuba Diving
« on: June 13, 2010, 05:01:27 pm »
There was a topic here somewhere about diving, Seems to have fallen off the map. Anyway, for all you Scuba fans out here here's some info on diving nude from http://www.getscubadiving.com

Enjoy the Tranquil and Natural Freedom of Naked Scuba Diving

Do you enjoy the tranquil and natural freedom of naked scuba diving? So do thousands of others and that is the reason the naked scuba diving clubs are increasing in popularity. Scuba diving is a wonderful water sport however doing it in the nude is incredibly enlivening as you allow the warm ocean waters to embrace your skin.

Interestingly enough, naked scuba diving is also in some waters much safer then using a wet suit. In fact there are many subtropical plus tropical diving ocean water locations that have issues with a nasty little stinging vermin called sea lice that can become trapped under attire. Because of the fact that sea lice do not hold on to your naked skin, means that you can freely scuba dive naked and never worry. Of course if you have a lot of body hair, it is highly recommended that you shave.

A surprising bonus of participating in the activity of naked scuba diving is that it also allows the diver to awaken to the undersea surroundings that encourages increased diving skills. An example is the rugged and sharp rocks, coral and cliffs that can snag and damage expensive scuba diving gear When you are actually feeling your surroundings directly on your skin, you awaken your senses and awareness which enforces a higher level of caution for your surroundings.

Of course to say that there are no risks associated with naked scuba diving would be a lie. As you might guess any male diver wants to avoid feeding fish as they are not always able to distinguish the difference between the male appendage and a nice morsel of food. So obviously it is important to be cautious of your surroundings while scuba diving in the nude or a small bathing suit.

If you are seriously interested in trying out the invigorating activity of naked scuba diving here are a few choice locations you may want to consider…

Bonaire
- Sorobon Beach Resort

Dominican Republic
- Hispaniola (Eden Bay Resort)

St. Maarten – Orient Beach French

Mexico
- Cozumel – San Francisco Beach
- Yucatan, Mayan Corridor – Playa Del Carman
- St. Barts

Bahamas
- Nassau (Breezes)
- Cat Island (Cutlass Bay)

Florida
- Key Largo (Jules Undersea Lodge)

Jamaica
- Runaway Beach (Breezes)
- Braco (Grand Lido)
- Nigro (Grand Lido)

Honduras
- Half Moon Bay
- West End Bay

Antigua
- Hawksbill

rc

Re: Scuba Diving
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 05:40:25 am »
going scuba diving is on my bucket list

genxnaturist

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 06:01:17 am »
Great,

Here is another suggestion.  Truk Lagoon, in Micronesia.  I was there as peace corps volunteer and worked with state department of marine resources.  Scuba DIving is awsome there.  That said while peace corps, we did do a naked dive.  Also on occasion, there has been nudists who gone and done nude scuba diving.  As side note the remote islands outside of the lagoon are very traditional and still go around topless.

Michael

Offline bunnyema

• Nude without Towel
  • Kyrija
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 09:59:53 am »
I was wondering if we have some active scuba divers or free divers or any-kind of people who love the underworld, here on forum? I was thinking on refreshing this topic.. :) There are many wonders of underworld we can discus, many photos we can share, we can even help each other with some advice about the gear.. . I am really asking myself how could this beautiful place be forgotten? :) Come on divers, don't be shy..
I will show you madness.. and bunnies.. it is the same thing..

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 12:37:55 pm »
I have never scuba dived - au natural or with a suit -- but have snorkled a lot in many places and hated leaving the water each and every time. My family has been to several Caribbean islands and it was there that I really got into it.  Other places I have snorkled are Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, Hawaii, and a side trip to the Great Barrier reef no less on a trip there with a girlfriend several years ago.  At times skinny, sometimes simply topfree and sometimes when not appropriate, with a suit.  Underwater naturism has always been some of my favorite photography.
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Stephen

• Retired Staff
  • Shouting it out loud
  • δ³Σx²
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 01:45:03 pm »
One of my classes this semester is scuba diving xD

Offline bunnyema

• Nude without Towel
  • Kyrija
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 03:29:10 pm »
I am a scuba diver for 5years, free diver for as long as I can remember.. every second I spend in the water, even if it is just a shower, makes me whole and happy! I dare to say that water is my safe zone.. I do have some problems with entering the sea when I go nude, I am scared of all the algees and grass and all that little creatures there, but when in gear or when I get the streinght to get my head under the surface, i am happy as a little puppy.. nude or in gear..:) The most exciting moment was when I was diving on the wreck Lina, the moment when I got in front of it, looked it in all her glorious beauty and was left breathless.. it was just beautiful!!!

@Stephen: what do you study to have such a cool classes?
I will show you madness.. and bunnies.. it is the same thing..

Offline DarkDippy

• Chasing Sunsets
  • Nude with Towel
  • Give a shit, take a shit.
    • My Digital Abode
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 10:06:01 pm »
I qualified as a scuba diver 10 years ago but have only done about 20 dives since. As much as I love being in the water (usually naked), I'm a little terrified of the ocean. Not being much of a swimmer, I have regular panic attacks when I do go diving.
It is beautiful down there though. If you enjoy snorkeling, you've got to scubadive! ^_^

I haven't dived naked yet, although I did run around without clothes after I qualified, much to the amusement of my dive club   :Butt Shake:

Offline DarkDippy

• Chasing Sunsets
  • Nude with Towel
  • Give a shit, take a shit.
    • My Digital Abode
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 10:08:12 pm »
Oh, last month, I went diving in Sodwana (off our East Coast). So much pretty!
We were there during turtle season and managed to get a glimpse of a leatherback. And a ragged tooth shark. Much awesome.

jajackel82

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 09:50:41 pm »
I've diving off the coast of Mexico, between Cancun and Isla Mujeres. I have also been to Dominica and Turks & Caicos. Turks if BY FAR my favorite. What an amazing place. So beautiful and so much marine life all the way up to the shore. Mexico was definitely my least favorite.

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 11:57:49 pm »
Did an intro dive in Punta Cana D.R. and I loved it but alas I have not dived since.
Expensive to get into but once you're PADI cert'd and have the gear probably pretty inexpensive eh?
Just weights and air-tank rental?

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 01:32:07 am »
looks like fun , not sure if there are any in Australia?
nude is natural

Offline funnytannednudist

• Read-Only
  • Shouting it out loud
  • love being free and nude
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 12:01:30 pm »
i do scuba dive but havent for a while, i love being under the oceans seeing all the wonderful sea life.
recently i have been doing alot of skin diving/snorkelling and had the wonderful opportuniy to swim with a sea turtle while it was searching for food.

Offline Jack_1985

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 01:22:48 am »
I have done a try dive and did all of my training for the PADI Open Water exam just never got as far as actually doing it - still want to though and Scuba in the nude sounds fun but I would need to be careful of my "appendage".

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2013, 01:12:26 pm »
looks like fun , not sure if there are any in Australia?

Any what? SCUBA Divers?
There's got to be.

As far as skin diving goes - I'd need to work on my endurance. If I stop kicking I sink like a rock whereas with SCUBA you can control your buoyancy.

Also until I ran the spell checker and then googled it to be sure I spelt buoyancy bouyancy - pretty sure I've been doing that my whole life ;)