Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Ireland one of the world's top nudist beach vacation destinations  (Read 6728 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
It would seem, there's hope yet.

Ireland one of the world's top nudist beach vacation destinations

British report says Irish beaches are racing up the nudist charts
By
ANTOINETTE KELLY

Ireland is fast becoming one of the world's best nudist beach destinations.

The Emerald Isle, not known for public nudity, has now joined  Spain, France, Italy and Croatia in the top ranks of nudist beaches.

The south west of the country is particularly popular with nude sunbathers who enjoy the benign climate courtesy of the Gulf Stream.

Fans say that Ireland's climate is actually perfect for nude beach-going.

These are the top five destinations in Ireland as reported by nude beach lovers!

Silver Strand Beach, Barna, County Galway

Silver Strand is about four miles away from Galway and naturists flock to the small beach just off the main beach. To access the nudist beach, walk for about 20 minutes on the stone path. The perfectly quiet beach is in a beautiful setting and well worth the walk to get there.

Roundstone, County Galway

This beach, which is surrounded by stunning scenery including rivers, beaches lakes and mountains, is off the Galway – Clifden road at the exit marked Roundstone.

Naturists must walk the full length of the beach and then take a path up the hill to a gate. Another path leads across the headland from the gate to a sandy cove which is barely visible until you are nearly on top of it.

West Cork, County Cork

Stunning West Cork offers dozens of quiet and secluded coves. Perfect destinations include the eastern and western sides of Clonakilty Bay, Dunowen with its rocky cliffs, Dunny Cove and Sands Cove while Glandore includes the famous rocky Prison Cove that is a long-accepted haven for naturists.

Naturists can also explore Simons Cove, Roaring Water Bay, Lough Hyne and the magnificent Beara peninsula which have many deserted beaches for nude beach lovers.

Corballis, Donabate, County Dublin

Corballis is just off the busy M1 motorway which links Dublin to Belfast. The beach can be accessed by driving through Donabate to the beach itself. Naturists should park as far down the beach as possible but be careful of the soft sand when parking. Once parked, just walk down the beach for about 20 minutes until you come to the secluded area. Another option is to drive towards Donabate but turn right at the signpost for the Island Golf Club and Corballis Golf Club. There is a small lay by just before the entrance to the golf club where cars can be parked. Walk through the gate and follow the path over the dunes until you reach the beach. Once there, turn right and walk for another 15 minutes to the restful naturist area.

Brittas Bay, Co. Wicklow

Brittas Bay is said to be one of the best naturist beaches on the east coast. It is certainly the most popular. The main beach is clothes-only and attracts campers and caravans at the weekend and during national holidays.  The naturist beach, which is some two miles south of the main beach, is long and sandy, backed by large dunes but with a stony strip between the dunes and the water.

To get there, take the Junction 7 of the main Dublin-Wexford M11 south motorway, nine miles south of Rathnew. Follow the signpost for Jack White’s Cross and Pub and take the road until you can go no further. Take the turn right and follow the coast for about 2 miles until you come to an area marked "Buckrooney."

This area is gated and once you are through the gate, turn left and walk on the beach until you reach the fencing area on the dunes. This area is for naturists, however, the INA cautions that nude beach goers should not venture outside the protected area as the beach is so popular with clothed families.

For more information, contact the Irish Naturist Association (www.irishnaturism.org).

From: http://www.irishcentral.com/travel/Ireland-one-of-the-worlds-top-nudist-beach-vacation-destinations--96040204.html?page=1

« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 03:38:33 pm by Enzuigiri »
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Nude_not_rude

Re: Ireland one of the world's top nudist beach vacation destinations
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 01:21:49 am »
Wow that's brilliant! Looks like Ireland isn't as nude resistant as I thought. We need some beach reports guys :)

Offline brandon

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Texas
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 01:32:05 am »
It's good to see that. I've read such conflicting things about naturism in Ireland.
We have it in our power to begin the world over again.  -Thomas Paine

JayJay

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 02:06:08 pm »
Cool, and not that far to go for us guys (English) too so thats good.

jacknaked

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 04:48:22 pm »
This shows how much it is talked about amongst the Irish...i have not heard of half these beaches..and the ones i have heard of, the nudist option was never mentioned.
The only mention of nudity on a beach was Inch in southwest Ireland..they say don't go to far down as it is a nudist section.
Hopefully i will be able to tick all these beaches off my list :D

Offline FKKFan

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
Hey, that's good news!

Ireland is fantastic. And if we can combine a great landscape with some nudist beach holidays, that's perfect!

luvthemgiants

they are a list of beaches that naturists go to rather than nude beaches. Public nudity is still illegal in Ireland, and you can be arrested for public indecency if caught.

My favourite is not on the list though, Curracloe Beach in Co. Wexford. Beautiful beach, lots of big dunes to hide in and Wexford is the warmest part of Ireland. It is where Saving Private Ryan was filmed, great place. Still illegal but if you find a secluded dune on a weekday you will rarely see another person.

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
 :e4444 great to see Irish enjoying naturism.
nude is natural

Offline minibear

• Casually Dressed
good to know since I am headed for Dublin soon!

luvthemgiants

:e4444 great to see Irish enjoying naturism.

i lived in NSW and FNQ for over a year, really loved my naturist experiences over there. The locals are so much more easy going than the Irish

luvthemgiants

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 11:44:11 am »
good to know since I am headed for Dublin soon!

well Wexford is only a 90 minute drive south of Dublin on the coast road.

Corbalis beach, as described at the top, seems to work on the "dont ask, dont tell" model.....just be careful if you go at the weekend, Irish people flock to the beach like lemmings once it gets above freezing and the sun is out.

Offline uepro313

• N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
  • You only live once, just do what you wanna do!
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 07:20:59 pm »
That's quite interesting! A lot closer to me here too

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 10:44:32 pm »
Erin Go bare!

Would love to get to Ireland someday and this is just another reason.