Naturist Resources > Videos

VIDEO: World Naked Bike Ride, - The Documentary

(1/6) > >>

Danee:
In the events section, one can often see various announcements of upcoming World Naked Bike ride events held all over the world.  

This, is an award winning film (Philadelphia Festival of Film and Technology, USA; Wildscreen Festival UK) follows the planning and success of a most unusual political protest. The World Naked Bike ride isa protest in favour of body freedom (being happy whatever shape, colour or size you are) and challenges our dependency on oil based fuels. The film was screened in venues around the world, watched by over 100,000 people online, and broadcast on GreenTV and the Community Channel UK

Hamish:
This must be one of the best ways to raise the profile of naturism to the general public. Although it could be argued that the shock of naked people in a very public place goes against naturist values..... But its the shock factor which gets people interested and talking and so this helps to keep the issue of our consumer greed and oil dependency alive.

I took part in the naked bike ride in New Zealand and it was a fantastic experience! It has to be the fastest way to make friends  :123456 There were many locals out by the street clapping and cheering us in support.

genxnaturist:
Its Great Documentary,

Though, people need to realize this is more about one specific world naked bike ride that is taking place in London and film to document it and not so much about various world naked bike rides around the world nor its history.

But as whole its great documentary.  I myself have slightly different dvd on world naked bike ride created by the cofounders. if anyone is interested in that one please let me know, i can tell you how to get hold of it.

Michael

jedinudist:

--- Quote from: genxnaturist on January 09, 2011, 04:43:07 am ---  I myself have slightly different dvd on world naked bike ride created by the cofounders. if anyone is interested in that one please let me know, i can tell you how to get hold of it.

Michael

--- End quote ---

I'm interested!

BTW - is anyone here at IYNO interested in coordinating a group to attend a ride in the United States?

genxnaturist:
Hi,

Thats good idea to get people in this group involved.  Pacific Northwest has some active world naked bike ride. Portland last year had crazy amount of people as in thousands participate.  Seattle and Vancouver, well the organizers are actually the originators of the World Naked Bike Ride.  I also know that San Francisco has such along with places like Chicago.

Michael

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version