Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: VIDEO: World Naked Bike Ride, - The Documentary  (Read 42683 times)

Stuart

Re: VIDEO: World Naked Bike Ride, - The Documentary
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 05:58:50 pm »
Do we have to draw a line? 

I'd be annoying if the KKK started a public naturist movement.

Offline Historybuff83

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 08:25:14 pm »
Wow, now wouldn't that be ironic, an organization known for its robes starting a naturist group.

Stuart

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 09:23:32 pm »
Wow, now wouldn't that be ironic, an organization known for its robes starting a naturist group.

They'd have to wear strong sunblock to make sure they stayed white.

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 09:39:17 pm »
Do we have to draw a line? 

I'd be annoying if the KKK started a public naturist movement.

:909  Best not mention FKK then, they might think them kindred spirits.
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

genxnaturist

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2011, 02:50:49 am »
There was comment about naturism shouldnt be part of politics or something like that

To some degree thats unrealistic.  Wreck beach in Vancouver came about because of lobbing by supporters and getting involved with local politics.  Historicaly nude beaches have been closed down due to new local or state laws or the interpetation of existing laws.   Sad reality is if you want to get more acceptance of naturism then you need to some degree get involved with politics.

By the way its sad that politics has gotten bad name.  Really people should be more political, esp in democratic forms of government.  How else will leaders make laws and regulations that make nudism more acceptance.

Now as far as other things. I dont mind being considered environmentalist.  Heck I have environmental science and biology degree.  Accorse problem is sterotyping.  Even thinking that all hippies are tree hugging is sterotype.  I know many hippies who are very capitalistic, and if you saw them at first you wouldnt think they are hippies.

In the end, problem is getting rid of sterotypes, and preconcieved notions.  I myself am even guilty.  Reason for this is humans tend to want to group and organize things.  Thats okay, but you need to be flexible to change, something sterotype isnt.

Michael

PS, this topic has gotten a bit heated.  What started out as nice post about documentary.  Not everyone agrees with different areas of naturism.  I took partial interest in this post and few negative posts since I personaly know one of the cofounders of World Naked Bike ride.  I seen what he has done to promote naturism in Pacific Northwest.  So for me this post kind of brings it close to home.  That said if you dont agree with my thoughts, thats totally, cool

Stuart

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2011, 07:16:07 am »
There was comment about naturism shouldnt be part of politics or something like that

To some degree thats unrealistic.  Wreck beach in Vancouver came about because of lobbing by supporters and getting involved with local politics.  Historicaly nude beaches have been closed down due to new local or state laws or the interpetation of existing laws.   Sad reality is if you want to get more acceptance of naturism then you need to some degree get involved with politics.

That's not what I've said. I've said that its not good for naturism for other political viewpoints to use it, as it discourages those who hold different viewpoints frombecoming naturists.

Now as far as other things. I dont mind being considered environmentalist.  Heck I have environmental science and biology degree.  Accorse problem is sterotyping.  Even thinking that all hippies are tree hugging is sterotype.  I know many hippies who are very capitalistic, and if you saw them at first you wouldnt think they are hippies.

I would consider myself an environmentalist as well. However, I wish nothing to do with the cause the naked bike ride supports.

genxnaturist

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2011, 07:18:28 am »
Do you even know what Naked Bike Ride respresents?

PS This is a trick question

Stuart

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2011, 07:30:02 am »
Do you even know what Naked Bike Ride respresents?

PS This is a trick question

1. A protest against oil dependency

2. An chance to get naked in a public place

dante

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2011, 09:54:46 am »
I don´t know if people know it but the WNB movement began in my hometown (and  the place where I live too): Zaragoza, Spain.

It began about 10 years ago when an association of bike riders decided to do a naked ride to demand more bike-roads in the city and to promove the use of the bike in terms of a healthy and ecologic way to move on the city.

Zaragoza is one of the biggest cities in Spain, in the same group as Bilbao, Sevilla or  Valencia in terms of  population (almost 1.000.000 people). So it´s still a middle-sized city where a bike can take you to from point to point in a shot amount of time.

I don´t know what are they demanding now because almost all the original demands have been heard: Lots of bike-roads through the city, a public bike-rental service with lots of stations through the city (you take a bike in one station and park it in the station near your destiny) and several improvments in urban laws to help the bikers.

I´ve never been in one of the WNB of my city (nor any other): every year I´m somewhere else. But I´d like to go to a big WNBR next year (like London). I think that, besides the ecologic message, it´s a way to normalize nudity.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 09:57:00 am by dante »

Chrisco

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2013, 07:40:53 pm »
Danee,

Why don't you talk to Conrad from the World Naked Bike Ride and see if you can organize something in Florida. I would definately do it. Here's the email, I think: worldnakedbikeride@lists.worldnakedbikeride.org

Your Pal,
Chrisco

Dyl10

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2017, 11:07:20 am »
I can't wait to take part in one of these :) Cape Town here I come :)

Riot.EXE

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2017, 01:28:31 am »
I dunno why you're worried about naturism / nudism / whatever being conflated by politics via WNBR, when the WNBR isn't even a nudist event nor does it advertise itself as such. You want non-sexual nudity and body positivity normalized, then you should be glad the WNBR is allowed to exist in as many cities as it does.

I've taken part in the Chicago one since 2012. You got questions? I've got answers.

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2020, 07:18:37 am »
I think everybody should be worried about the way we treat our planet and our natural environment.  Being apolitical means that we don't give a stuff as to what's going on in the outside world, especially with issues that could directly impact our lifestyle.  Look at how adversity has caused nudist clubs and beaches to be shut down in the past. 

"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Riot.EXE

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2020, 07:55:40 pm »
I think everybody should be worried about the way we treat our planet and our natural environment.  Being apolitical means that we don't give a stuff as to what's going on in the outside world, especially with issues that could directly impact our lifestyle.  Look at how adversity has caused nudist clubs and beaches to be shut down in the past.

Bro, motherfuckers here didn't give a damn about the Black Lives Matter video I did with Topless Topics for that very reason, but DEFINITELY gave the second half of that stream we did, "Nudism vs Nudity" WAY more attention because oh hey, the word "nudism" was in it.

Shit's too self centered. You're right. Nudism is far too proud to live in a bubble, and that's like 95% of why it's got all the problems it has. They just don't wanna wear shit, and that's the end of it. Ironically, most nudists that I knew locally were the first to NOT even want to go to WNBR, but still wanna complain about having nowhere to be out and naked at. The fuck?

Offline Newdie88

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2021, 03:29:41 pm »
Interesting.. .. I've heard of wnbr but never knew it began in Canada!! It surely took off and is here to stay!