Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian - 2009  (Read 1430 times)

innersouth2020

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian - 2009
« on: May 23, 2009, 06:29:34 am »
Starring: Ben Stiller, Amy Adams, Owen Wilson & Hank Azaria

Genre: Action/Comedy

Summary: Ben Stiller is back as Larry Daily in the sequel to Night at the Museum where he suddenly finds that the Museum of Natural History has decided to renovate and upgrade its exhibits. The majority of the exhibits are being boxed and sent to deep storage underneath the National Mall as part of the Smithsonian in Washington DC.

Daily decides that the fate of his friends who are destined to stay boxed up forever and not be able to come to life again, rests on his shoulders. With the help of his son, he embarks on an action packed adventure with some new friends including Amelia Earhart played by Amy Adams.

But has their fate been sealed forever or can Larry save the day. After all, he is just a night watchman.

My Review: The only thing that kept me in the cinema and watching this movie was the fact that I had been to the Smithsonian Museums in DC so could recognise pieces I had seen in real life. Add some very carefully placed humourous characters throughout (the Bobble Headed Einsteins were fun) and half the cast of the US version of "The Office" making it half tolerable.

The film is a little too similar to the original movie and you could easily watch the second movie and not need to see the first but still be up to speed.

This movie will probably appeal more to a family or kids market and those who like the comedy style of Ben Stiller and his acting. For me, I could of been watching Meet the Fockers as he was still the same character from that to this and I have to admit, I didn't really rate the film enough that I actually debated even writing about it.

Might be a wait for it to come on DVD and only hire if you have seen everything else and your choices of unseen movies are limited.