Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Officer Jessie Lunderby Could Get Fired After Sheriff Learns of Playboy Shoot  (Read 3558 times)

Ace001

A 21-year-old Arkansas correction officer might lose her job after her bosses discovered that she had ditched her department uniform for a nude photo shoot commissioned by Playboy.
Detention officer Jessie Lunderby could lose her job after posing nude.

More Photos

Jessie Lunderby was put on administrative leave Sunday by the Washington County Sheriff's Office in Fayetteville, Ark., after officials learned that she had been featured on Playboy's website as the "June 7th Cyber Girl of the Week."

Some of the arresting images available online depict Lunderby wearing only sheer pink panties and a matching bra.

"What she did wrong is up for debate," said Washington County Sheriff Tim Helder. "We've got certain policies and a code of ethics that everyone signs off on."

"That includes bringing down the reputation of the law enforcement division in the eyes of the public," said Helder.

Lunderby criticized the sheriff's office for its handling of the situation, telling Fayetteville's KFSM-TV, "It's just kind of shady, the way they're doing the whole thing."

"It's like they waited for this to come out to make a big deal out of it and it's disgusting," said Lunderby, who did not respond to several messages left by ABCNews.com.

Helder said Lunderby violated department policy on proper conduct and outside employment, but that wasn't the only issue.

"The biggest thing is the distraction," he said. "It distracts us inside our department from performing our mission which is to arrest bad people and put people in jail."

"In my view, taking your clothes off and making a private issue a public one has done nothing to aid us in our mission," Helder said.

Lunderby made things worse, said Helder, by including the name of the department she worked at in her Playboy.com biography, where she also described her dream job as one working as an uncover police officer.

Helder said that the decision as to what happens to Lunderby now rests in the hands of the county attorney.

Lunderby denies that anything she did sheds a bad light on the department.

"I don't think it's making law enforcement look bad. I'm not even a law enforcement officer. I'm a detention officer. I work with detainees in jail awaiting trial," said Lunderby.

But Lunderby's post inside the 710-bed Washington County Detention Center, where she has worked since 2007, could be made harder now that her stint with Playboy has been made public, said Helder.

"[News of the photos] spread like wildfire through the population," said Helder. "If she did come back there is a concern that it would cause a certain amount of problems whether it's physical violence or cat calls."

Asked whether she thinks the Playboy photos will cause her to be fired, Lunderby responded, "Probably."

But there is some precedent for the situation Lunderby now finds herself in.

In 1980, Cibella Borges posed for nude two times in the months before becoming inducted into the New York City Police Department. When the force found out a year later, Borges was suspended and eventually fired. She later won a lawsuit in the New York Appellate Court and was given her job back.

source: http://abcnews.go.com/US/jessie-lunderby-fired-playboy-shoot/story?id=10983281

My only concern with this whole thing is that they make such a big deal of the issue just because she's nude. Had this been a mens' magazine where she had on a bikini, or tight fitting clothes, I doubt it would have made the news, let alone the headlines. While I do realize that it may make her job harder in a jail setting ( locked up men, all very hot and bothered), that really is her decision. Sure she probably should not have listed which facility she worked for, but being nude in the magazine does not impair her ability to do her job. She posed nude, so what? What she chooses to do in her own personal life should not affect her career. I'm very big on personal decisions outside of the workplace being up to you. Just because you work for Disney does not mean you can't do something not so family friendly. As long as you do your job, and you do it well, I don't see an issue. What do you guys think?

Offline marmal

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
First I thought that its all about the uniform. But there´s no half-nude picture with uniform parts. You said it: So what?

Offline Baseballfan

• Nude with Towel
Yeah,She gave away toomusch public info. I'm not sure if she couldmove to a diffrent state and still be a police officer because the county/City HR dept. will do a background check and find the info even months, years after this becomes old news. I hope she does find a job she loves.She is beautiful. Hey I wonder if she would try nudism ?

Offline Cabding

• Lord-Master of Vita Nuda Southeast
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
  • Referrals: 9
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
This happened to Jenny from "Forrest Gump"! though, she was still wearing her school colors. This girl wasn't wearing her uniform. Unless she signed some sort of thing that said she couldnt ever be naked I dont see how they would bother to make a case out of this. if she does her job, never rocked the boat, i see this as her personal time. Unless she signed something that she can't, so what. its not like she's snorting coke in the pictures.
Trying to unite the lost naked souls of the Southeast US. Message our Facebook page or PM me to get involved!

genxnaturist

I hate it when they make a huge deal.  As long as she wasnt on clock and wearing her actual uniform,, what she does on her free time as long as it doesnt affect her duties should have no barring.

Michael

Offline Baseballfan

• Nude with Towel
You guys and girls should send her your postive thoughts and messages .  Maybe suggest nudism  she look into our site.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100001058987646&ref=search