Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Paul McCartney laughs at Beatles facts  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Paul McCartney laughs at Beatles facts
« on: June 24, 2010, 04:22:39 pm »
Sir Paul McCartney has claimed that several films about The Beatles contain events that didn't happen and things that are ''not true''.

Sir Paul McCartney says many films about The Beatles are "not true".

The legendary musician - who was joined in the band by Ringo Starr, and the late John Lennon and George Harrison - insists many pieces about the Fab Four are inaccurate and misleading to fans.

Speaking about two dramas - 'Nowhere Boy' and 'Lennon Naked' - Paul said: "It's a great tribute that whatever we did is so lasting and people can still make films about The Beatles which can still be successful.

For me, though, they're not true and that's the unfortunate thing about them.

"For me, though, they're not true and that's the unfortunate thing about them. John never punched me out like he does in 'Nowhere Boy', but my character is kind of cool in the film so I don't mind being punched out.

"I told the film director Sam (Taylor-Wood) all of that but she said, 'Yeah. But Paul, it's just a film.' "

Another rumour Paul has quashed is that he told John not to pose naked on the cover of his and Yoko Ono's 1968 album 'Unfinished Music No.1: Two Virgins'.

He said: "It's like the rumour I told John off for posing nude for the 'Two Virgins' cover as in 'Lennon Naked'.

"I never told him that - that's another legend. What John and Yoko did was always up to them."
Readers' Comments

From: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/Paul+McCartney-33271.html
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
Re: Paul McCartney laughs at Beatles facts
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 06:05:39 am »
Danee, I've got a copy of the Beatles' "White Album" on vinyl.  The original pressings had a large fold-up poster which had the song lyrics on one side, and a whole hodge-podge of photos all put together in a random, chaotic order.  There are photos of Paul nude grinning with his arms round a pillar, and one of John nude sitting cross-legged on his bed with Yoko asleep next to him whilst chatting on the phone.  There is also one of their producer George Martin sitting bare-chested in a field. 

There was a huge public outcry over the photo of Paul, whilst the one of John did not garner any comments whatsoever.  A week after the album was released, the Two Virgins album came out which showed John fully frontal nude on the cover.  In fact, Sir Joseph Lockwood who was the CEO of EMI Records at the time tried to persuade John and Yoko to use Paul nude on the cover of "Two Virgins" instead because he thought he was 'better looking'.  ;-)
"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"