Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Stargate  (Read 1322 times)

Offline brumnude

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
Stargate
« on: July 04, 2010, 07:56:31 pm »
well we have a Star Trek thread so i thought i'd start a Stargate one. There are two completed series and one that finished season 1. What do we make of Stargate Universe? different yes but still good? i have to admit i nearly gave up on it as it was so much like a soap and had little story line sci fi wise however this latest invasion by the lucian alliance is awesome. Ok sci fi fans discuss

Offline freejosh

• Casually Dressed
Re: Stargate
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 12:02:01 pm »
I was majorly into Stargate during SG-1 and Atlantis, but not feeling it very much during Universe.  I agree that the latest plotline has given the show some much-needed direction, aside from the overarching need to get back to Earth.  I also liked the aliens that were/are pursuing the ship.  I think what the show really needs is an ever-present aggressor, like the other shows had, rather than just trying to figure out what's wrong with the ship every week.

pat9916

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 10:19:32 pm »
I can't give up on SGU yet. The Stargate franchise is just too good. I'm hoping the new story lines will breathe some much needed life into the show. I say fix the ship and use it to turn around to get home. They have something like 79 million light years to get into trouble.

barenw

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 01:13:59 am »
I've been a big fan of all three Stargate series.  I can say I've watched every episode aired of all three live-action series. As for Universe, there is no "stick it out" about it for me.  I love it!  To me, it's the ST: Voyager of the SG franchise, and Voyager has always been my favorite ST series.

Offline brumnude

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 04:53:06 am »
I've been a big fan of all three Stargate series.  I can say I've watched every episode aired of all three live-action series. As for Universe, there is no "stick it out" about it for me.  I love it!  To me, it's the ST: Voyager of the SG franchise, and Voyager has always been my favorite ST series.

wow thats usually the series people always have a go at. that or Enterprise as for SG:U it returns to the SyFy Channel on September 28th according to a facebook group. That information is for the U.S though and i'm not sure about other countries

Season 1 left off with the Lucian Alliance in control of Destiny, threat of alien attack and of course no way of getting home. Can we see them gaining control of Destiny and going home that way or Gating home? And what antics are we likely to see Rush get up to? We all know he is a nasty, rude, selfish so and so but how bad is he gonna get? He's already lied multiple times

Eric

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 03:36:50 pm »
Voyager has always been my favorite ST series.

Kate Mulgrew, that you?

Offline mrj001

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 02:21:35 am »
...wow thats usually the series people always have a go at. that or Enterprise...

You’re right, Voyager and Enterprise are the two least popular Star Trek shows.  Because most people feel that not only are they the worst Star Trek Shows but they, as well as Star Trek Nemesis, ultimately killed the Franchise.

That being said, I do get a bit of a ST V’ger vibe from Star Gate: Universe. 

However I like SG:U… sort of.  Just as SG:U has a Voyager vibe to it I fell it is much more like the New Battlestar Galactica.  I love Nu BSG, but I like SG:A and SG:1 a little more (can anyone spot the DS9 line I just paraphrased). 

Like Nu BSG, SG:U is pretty dark and very serious, normally I like that.  Except the last two SG series were more light hearted and tongue-in-cheek funny.

Now I still find SG:U to be an enjoyable show, just not as much as the previous SG shows.

Offline mcibear

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 05:02:04 am »
Im currently rewatching SG-1(I got all 10 season on DVD) and hope to get Atlantis on DVD soon.  I enjoyed those two, but I havent seen any of SGU.  The adds I saw for it mad it look kinda like Battle Star.

Offline davelemmo

• Nature Lover
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • "I am I'm me" - Twisted Sister
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 09:35:33 pm »
Im currently rewatching SG-1(I got all 10 season on DVD) and hope to get Atlantis on DVD soon.  I enjoyed those two, but I havent seen any of SGU.  The adds I saw for it mad it look kinda like Battle Star.
SGU does share many similarities to BSG 2005 its not just the commercials.
"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" -
Albert Einstein