Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Shrek Forever After  (Read 810 times)

Offline Turtlejosh

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 5
Shrek Forever After
« on: July 06, 2010, 02:16:32 pm »
Shrek came out 9 years ago, and now it seems the final movie has arrived. After challenging an evil dragon, rescuing a beautiful princess and saving your in-laws' kingdom, what's an ogre to do? Well, if you're Shrek, you suddenly wind up a domesticated family man. Instead of scaring villagers away like he used to, a reluctant Shrek now agrees to autograph pitch forks. Whats happened to this ogre's roar? Longing for the days when he felt like a "real ogre," Shrek is duped into signing a pact with the smooth-talking dealmaker, Rumpelstiltskin. Shrek suddenly finds himself in a twisted, alternate version of Far Far Away, where ogres are hunted, Rumpelstiltskin is king and Shrek and Fiona have never met. Now, it's up to Shrek to undo all he's done in the hopes of saving his friends, restoring his world and reclaiming his one True Love

Well, after the failure that was Shrek the third, I went to see this having very low expectations. But I have to admit, it was better than 3. Not anywhere as good as the first two, but it made me laugh. All of the cast returned for their roles, which was nice after the flop of 3. Whoever did the voice of Rumpelstiltskin was rather brilliant, he really sounded like a trickster and very slimey.

Sometimes I felt the music to be a bit out of place and that it dragged for a bit, but it was an okay film. I would say leave it to rent if your not much of a fan, and only go to the cinema if you loved the franchise

« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 02:43:42 pm by Turtlejosh »

Offline joeyn

• Umm...
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Me
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Shrek Forever After
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 02:35:58 pm »
I've been wanting to see it. Thanks for the review!

Joey