Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Baring it all around the world  (Read 11485 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Baring it all around the world
« on: July 07, 2010, 03:57:47 pm »
Baring it all around the world

From: http://www.calgaryherald.com/Baring+around+world/3231006/story.html
Canwest New Service July 3, 2010

THE LIST - Come on. Some of you like to shed the outer layer of civility once in awhile -- besides in the privacy of your own home -- where you can indulge your inner nudist. Here they are in no particular order:

- Spa suite at Four Seasons Resort, Sayan, Bali, Indonesia: Thanks to a thick curtain of bamboo trees, your modesty stays intact while you soak in an outdoor tub pre-or post-treatment. See fourseasons. com/sayan

Note, could find no mention of this on their site, but it looks incredible!
- Maslin Nude Beach Olympics, Adelaide, Australia: Athletes celebrate Australia Day (usually around Jan. 25) by showing off their prowess in competitions such as discus throwing and a three-legged race.

- Nakukymppi 2010, Padasjoki, Finland: Finns are blase about nudity. The proof? In this annual event participants run or walk a 10-kilometre route. Suggested attire: shoes, socks and hat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakukymppi

- Wreck Beach, Vancouver: Soak up the sun at one of the largest nude beaches (more than eight kilometres long) in the world. Each year, more than half a million spectators come to enjoy the "scenery," which also includes a forest and cliffs the colour of vanilla ice cream.

Covered in many other areas of this forum
- Englischer Garten, Berlin, Germany: Have lunch in the Schonfeld meadow portion of this urban park and nude sunbathe alongside free spirits and German businessman (suits in a pile), as they've been doing since the '60s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Englischer_Garten

- Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park, Michigan: Take the plunge at the isolated back-country campsite that was voted the best place to skinny dip in the United States.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/Baring+around+world/3231006/story.html#ixzz0t0jkhNKG
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline joeyn

• Umm...
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Me
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Baring it all around the world
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 01:06:24 pm »
Interesting how only the men are nude in that last pic. Weird

Joey

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 02:52:21 pm »
Interesting how only the men are nude in that last pic. Weird

Joey

Not weird, just the one photo I found quickly to insert for some color. Thats all. 

There is a quote from here, which tells that its everyone. Old, young, families, girls, boys, whatevers.

http://www.germany.com/travelogues/

Bare Naked in a Park

by Sophie Ashdale

There I was in my office, finishing the last page of my report and minding my own business when my best friend suddenly burst into the room. Maybe it was my disheveled hair or the many layers of eyebags under my eyes which have been the result of five straight days and nights of non-stop working which caused her to gape at me as if I was some caged circus attraction or something. She saw how stressed and tired I was so she decided I should give myself a break and go sunbathing at the park with her.

I idea sounded promising. Aside from being able to sleep outdoors where the fresh air can cleanse out the stress in me and the golden bright sun can lend a hint of gold to my deathly pale skin, I may possibly scan the park for a couple of hot sunbathing guys with 6 packs while I’m at it.

She decided to take me to the Englischer Garten, a nearby park here in Munich which is said to be bigger than our Central Park back home in New York. I have actually never been in that park before but I have heard nothing but praise from my German classmates in the university who have grown up being able to visit the Englischer Garten every few weeks or so.

Schönfeldwiese or the Beautiful Meadows was really what its name says, beautiful. This sunbathing area in the park had a breathtaking scenery that instantly relaxed me the moment I saw it. But this calming sensation was quickly replaced by shock and embarrassment when a withered looking old man completely in the nude passed by.

“Is he senile” Did he lose his clothes? An exhibitionist, perhaps?”

Apparently not. After a quick glance around the park, I saw that everyone was in the nude. It was like being in the Garden of Eden except that most of the people are not as sexy and in shape as how I had imagine Adam and Eve to have been.

I didn’t know that Schönfeldwiese in the Englischer Garten was a social nudist garden. Locals and tourists have apparently been coming here to sunbath in their birthday suits for some time now and the entire concept is legal and accepted in Germany.

Naturally, I hesitated. I haven’t gone to the gym for quite sometime now and the chips and sausages I ate while working on my report did not really improve my physique. But seeing how everyone seemed comfortable and oblivious to the bulges and wrinkles on the body of the person sunbathing around them, my hesitation quickly dissipated and for a few hours, I enjoyed complete and utter freedom and relaxation.

The internet and our galleries, abound with girls, Joey!! And its cool we have some semblance of equality :)  Still here are your English Garden chicas.

Note, the families in the background

Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline vanesa1017

• Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 03:28:12 pm »
Very cool article and another bit of proof that I need to visit Germany sometime.

Offline Steggsaurus

• Andy
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 08:45:31 pm »
I planned (but never succeeded in getting there - long story...) a trip to Berlin a couple of years ago.  Funnily enough that place wasn't mentioned in the guidebook!

If ever finally I get there I'll have to give it a visit.

Offline Leah

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Teach Tolerance
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 01:46:53 am »
A few years ago we spent four days at the Four Seasons - Sayan - Bali.

To be correct there are private plunge pools attached to the rooms and the spa area seems very understanding, in a german way, of nudity in the pool.
I may be nude but at least my mind is open

Bobbo2

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 11:00:18 am »
Hehehe! My profile image has been shooted at Englisher Garten! Larger version in the gallery. Is a stunning place!