Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Concerts  (Read 9328 times)

slimjim

Concerts
« on: May 28, 2009, 02:35:56 pm »
just thought i would post that im being dragged along to see Boyz 2 men in a couple of weeks.
bought my girlfriend tickets to go for her birthday, but was hoping she would take a friend or her mother, how wrong.
i now have an evening of her singing and dancing to put with, really should think about what im buying her, lol

just wondering if anyone has any music concerts they will be attending in the near future ?

ive been to a few in the past, Milo, Coldplay, Kasabian and ive been to Glastonbury and Reading festivals where ive seen loads of groups play.
Faithless were by far the best live.

anyway, be good to know what your all in to.

jim
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 10:21:22 pm by Alex »

Offline NickUMA10

• The Nutty Professor
  • Nude with Towel
  • Freedom is a Mind and Body State
  • Referrals: 0
Re: concerts
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 04:46:06 pm »
I have tickets for Aerosmith June 16th,with Dropkick Murphys opening. It looks like Aerosmith will be playing one of the first four albums in its entirety during their set so I am psyched for that....ticket prices are just too inflated for me to see the amount of shows I used to during a summer.
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people"-Confucius

Offline Alex

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 14
Re: Concerts
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 10:32:31 pm »
I went to see New Found Glory at Melkweg in Amsterdam yesterday. They were INCREDIBLE. Only problem was that the crowd wasn't very good at catching people on our side of the stage, so we just went to the other side ^^  Like with all good concerts I came back with some cool souvenirs (courtesy of Chad Gilbert), and a truckload of good memories.

I've got a sick summer of music lined up as well. I'm going to see AC/DC at Wembley on the last day of term, and then Oasis at the same venue a few weeks later. I also had tickets for one of Michael Jackson's first three dates in London, but now it's been moved back to March 2010 :(   I've also got the Lowlands festival coming up in August, you should check it out, it's almost got the same lineup as Reading this year! http://www.lowlands.nl/
On an extended IYNO break... for now.

Offline MERRD

• Nude without Towel
  • The Royal Naked One
    • My Interview on IYNO
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 05:42:43 pm »
I also had tickets for one of Michael Jackson's first three dates in London, but now it's been moved back to March 2010 :(   I've also got the Lowlands festival coming up in August, you should check it out, it's almost got the same lineup as Reading this year! http://www.lowlands.nl/

I'm doing Lowlands and Michael Jackson as well. And Madonna, Justice, Daft Punk, the Crookers as well this summer.
"They found out my degree was less than legitimate"
"I thought you had a bachelor from Columbia?"
"Yeah, so now I need one from America"

Offline Alex

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 09:33:29 pm »
I also had tickets for one of Michael Jackson's first three dates in London, but now it's been moved back to March 2010 :(   I've also got the Lowlands festival coming up in August, you should check it out, it's almost got the same lineup as Reading this year! http://www.lowlands.nl/

I'm doing Lowlands and Michael Jackson as well. And Madonna, Justice, Daft Punk, the Crookers as well this summer.

Mate I don't know what Daft Punk concert you're going to, as they don't have any concert dates scheduled and said that they're not going to do any shows until at least 2010 xD

Sounds like you've been scammed :/

Offline Alex

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 09:34:53 pm »

yeah Lowlands have done good with their lineup this year. Although you can never beat the atmosphere of Reading regardless of the line-up. Literally cannot wait until Radiohead this summer though!  :786

As for me, Reading Fest the past 3 years and again this August, Rage Against the Machine last year was the best moment of my life for sure! Glasto for the past couple of years and again this year, as well as T in the Park. Also going to Global Gathering for the first time in the summer which should be mental  :786

In terms of gigs, i pretty much go to as many as i can afford. My highlights have to be Muse at Wembley though, Oasis at City of Manchester, saw the Arctic Monkeys do one of their first ever gigs in Sheffield with only about 100 people in the audience - that was definitely an incredible experience!

Saw the Prodigy a month ago and they blew my mind as always, and got Oasis in Cardiff coming up in 2 WEEKS!  :786

:543

I'm really looking forward to Oasis, and AC/DC, but Arctic Monkeys do not excite me one bit. For me they're not a headliner for a festival, and not even a good band to be honest :/   

The Prodigy however is a different story ^^

Offline Alex

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 09:47:45 am »
but you can't deny that they've created a stream of properly good music over the past few years

Nope, I'm pretty sure I'd deny that mate ^^

Offline joeyn

• Umm...
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Me
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 12:19:19 pm »
Planning on at least on music fest, not sure which yet.

Joey

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 02:58:08 am »
At the moment in Germany there is ROCK AM RING...
I was there last year, but this year I can't because noone wanted to come with me :(
the line up is soooo awesome...

Placebo, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, Korn, The Killers, Billy Talent, Razorlight, The Prodigy, Marilyn Manson, Papa Roach, Machine Head, Mando Diao, DredG, Bloc Party, Guano Apes,... just to mention a few very good bands...

next year I'm there again.

This year I'm on a few festivals, which are not soo big as Rock am Ring (90.000 people - biggest Rock Festivals in Europe!) and on some concerts...

Hey mate that sounds like an awesome festival! Shame you couldn't go

Offline NickUMA10

• The Nutty Professor
  • Nude with Towel
  • Freedom is a Mind and Body State
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 03:54:59 pm »
Extreme and Ratt in August at the Beach in NH? You know I'm there :8767
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people"-Confucius

Offline Cate

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 01:04:34 pm »
I went to the big day out in adelaide this year and looooved it.
http://www.bigdayout.com/home.php

Pretty expensive but oh well I'll try to get there next year too.

Cate

Offline Alex

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 06:10:03 pm »
I went to the big day out in adelaide this year and looooved it.
http://www.bigdayout.com/home.php

Pretty expensive but oh well I'll try to get there next year too.

Cate

You guys are so lucky. Big Day Out always gets such a great lineup, and in the nice weather too ^^

Offline megidoflame

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 10:23:18 pm »
Well for those interested in my whereabouts and places to party, i got a few things lined up (mind you if you don't like metal stop reading)
first of all i'll be away from the 25th of june till the 29th for graspop metal meeting for bands like heaven and hell, blind guardian, exodus, taake, kataklysm, lamb of god, chickenfoot, disturbed, children of bodom, devildriver, and lots more.
the a few small festivals gigs in the summer (most notably one with hatesphere headlining)
then in september there's paganfest with bands like korpiklaani, unleashed, einherjer, ex deo, swashbuckle, alestorm...
the first of november is what i really look forward too it's the third time i'll see my favourite band BEHEMOTH, alongside devildriver, scar symmetry and arsis (no arse jokes please, i've heard (or said  :1234) them all already)
and then some other stuff that's not sure yet (amon amarth, sonata artica, stratovarius (all different dates))

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 10:27:14 am »
Hey heard some Devildriver last night on the radio (on triple J's Metal show). Pretty good, interesting mix of metal roar and hard rock clarity on the vocals. Have fun at the gigs!

Offline megidoflame

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 09:00:14 pm »
I will enjoy their show, it seems to be they're putting up kick-ass shows all around the world, yet at the concert in november i'm going more for behemoth