Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Demon's Souls  (Read 926 times)

Ace001

Demon's Souls
« on: July 29, 2010, 03:09:09 am »
I finally finished Demon's Souls, and feel worthy enough to give it the review it so rightly deserves.

Demon's Souls...So much to say about such a great game I'm not even sure where to start.

Gameplay: This is the most important, interesting thing to talk about. This game is not like other games today. This game does not hold your hand, and it does not make your life easy. If your type of game was the Prince of Persia for PS3(2008), you will NOT like this game. When I say this game is hard, I mean old school, bruised thumbs, broken T.V. hard. It took me a couple of hours (kind of embarrassing) to be able to walk through the first level without dying. Just know you will die, and you will die a lot. I remember starting the game and being killed with one hit, after taking about ten steps. I died playing this game hundreds of times. Almost broke a controller, sat on the edge of my seat, and had bruised thumbs, but goddam it was worth it. The sense of accomplishment you get for finishing a level is like no other. The only way to finish a level is to make it all the way through and kill the boss, all without dying. There are 0 checkpoints, only the beginning and the end of a level. The game forces you to be good, really good, and it really test you gamer fortitude. It was a sheer delight.

Graphics: The graphics were amazing. The game takes place it a variety of different places, so you'll running around in dark swamps to beautifully light castle grounds. Either way you have an amazing assortment of visual eye candy. To make the game even more appealing, the weapons are wonderfully designed, and the armor sets are all interesting. Your character's appearance changes as you change all of their armor/weapons (which I love) and you have a great time. You won't get tired of looking at this game, which is good since you will probably die so much you'll be staring at it for a long time.

Usually I would write something longer, but I don't think there is too much else to say about this game. The sound works well, and the atmosphere is always well though out. You always have the feeling like there's something behind your back watching you, waiting to strike (because sometimes there is ^_^) but the main focus of this game was how hard you would work to be good. If you pick up this title you have to be ready to put a lot of work in, but also expect to get a lot out. I will say that the story line is a bit lacking, it pretty much was made to drive the gameplay, but it does the job which is all that is needed for a title like this.

Yes, you do fight him

Go buy it. NOW

Gameplay: 10/10
Sound: 9/10
Graphics: 8.5/10
Overall: 10/10
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 03:19:43 am by Ace001 »