Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: We rescued a puppy  (Read 3491 times)

Offline Fitz1980

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
We rescued a puppy
« on: July 29, 2010, 11:57:53 am »
Last week my GF went to her Dad's house & discovered that her brother had found a little puppy just chilling on their back porch the night before.  The poor lil girl was dirty and infested with fleas.  Since GF's Dad already has 2 dogs and is on a fixed income we took the pup with us.

We took her to the vet clinic where GF works.  They gave her a Capstar (which makes dogs' blood toxic to fleas for 24 hours), her first series of vaccination shots & treatment for worms in her digestive tract.  Than we took her home and bathed her.  We had figured that since there were so many of the fleas and their eggs we'd need a flea comb to remove them, but after we dropped her in the tub and gave her a bath (having a shower massager rocks) she looked like she'd been an indoor pup all of her life and we didn't even have to use the flea comb.  The veterinarian told us that she's probably 10 weeks old & some sort of a hound mix who will probably be 50lbs at adulthood.  

Two of my co-workers (a couple) have expressed an interest in adopting her.  GF named her Waffles just because we needed a name when doing our thing at the vet clinic and when the receptionist ask what her name was GF said "Waffles, she looks like a waffles."  Here is a pic of her with my friend who is planning on adopting her.  She's a sweet cuddly little pup, but also a firecracker.  Our 40lb, 11 month old, pit-mix pup likes to play with her & if Kaylee (the pit-mix) goes too far this lil 11lb pup isn't afraid to bark and assert herself.

Here she is with my friend who wants to adopt her.

Offline Fitz1980

• Shouting it out loud
Re: We rescued a puppy
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 12:33:24 pm »
The saddest part of the whole story is that we think she was abandoned.  She was found in GF's Dad's backyard, which is fenced.  Now it's possible that there's some gap in his fence that the 10lb pup slipped through; his 2 dogs are 70lbs & 110lbs each so they sure couldn't escape through such a gap. Unfortunately I think it's much more likely that somebody saw his dogs, figured that since he's a dog lover he'd take care of her & just dumped her over the fence.

Stuart

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 04:53:43 pm »
That is such a cute puppy!!!!

More photos!!!!  :66342 :66342 :66342 :66342

Offline hjmartin

• Nude without Towel
  • No costume. No disguise. Just me.
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 04:57:49 pm »
She's just way too cute!
-Haley

Offline Steggsaurus

• Andy
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 07:08:31 pm »
my ex and i had 2 dogs, one of which was a stray we picked up.

he used to come round the back of where my ex worked and one day she opened her car door and he just jumped in.  she brought him home and we ended up keeping him.

he had a lot of scars on his nose and broken teeth (which we got fixed), and was always very timid, so i guess he'd gotten into some fights or maybe been abused.

Offline joeyn

• Umm...
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Me
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 04:38:49 pm »
awww.

:)

Joey

Offline didiosa1980

• Nude with Towel
  • If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'.
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 02:51:39 am »
It's a sick, sad world when we only place value on human life and no other living thing.  :324  That kind of attitude is a horrible thing. Animals are such simple creatures and yet they are so good for people who don't screw them over. Dogs are probably one of the most loyal pets that mankind has ever had the luck of knowing and too many people piss that away on bad care and negligence.  :4245
Neither a woman as a woman, nor a man as a man, has any special function, but the gifts of nature are equally diffused in both sexes; all the pursuits of man are the pursuits of women also, and in all of them a woman is only a weaker man. --Plato

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 03:50:12 am »
I just found that on reddit, seemed appropriate for this thread:

Ya know, I see stuff like this and I read the comments and I remember why I fucking love dogs. Then I remember why my dog is fucking awesome. He saved my life once.

Not in the typical way that most dogs do. He kept me from doing something really fucking stupid. I was seriously thinking about ending it all. It was my 18th birthday, I had just gotten off of an 8 hour shift, and I went to my apartment. My room mates (who had been my friends since kindergarten) had forgotten my birthday. My mum had called earlier but we had technically "celebrated" a few days before because of my job. I was too poor (rent/moving out for the first time all that shit) to really do anything and I was tired. So I sat there, at home just sort of staring at the wall... then I thought for a second it was not worth it. I planed it all out. I knew what I was going to do to myself... I don't want to go into detail... so don't ask. (This is a throwaway, anyway so...)

So I'm sitting there, contemplating the end of my existence and I decided to say a little prayer and sit on the floor. I had honestly sort of forgotten about my dog. I'm crying, on my knees and he comes running into the room and starts to lick me in the face. He was just so damn happy. I went from crying to laughing really fast. Then I realized that if I did do myself in... he would be alone for a few days and the only thing to comfort him would be my rotting body. I didn't want to leave that way. So I didn't.

Dogs are awesome.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline Fitz1980

• Shouting it out loud
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 04:01:45 pm »
And update on the puppy.  My friend Fal, the girl in the pic, took the puppy 2 weeks ago after she and her BF had gotten a crate, food & some toys for her.  They renamed her from Waffles, which was fine since she didn't really even know her name yet.  Her name is now Rani which is Hindi for Queen & is doing quite well.  They live in our apartment complex so we see them often.

Stuart - Sorry about the lack of other photos but I don't currently have a working camera.  The pic that I posted was taken by my friend & e-mailed to me.

Offline Cabding

• Lord-Master of Vita Nuda Southeast
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
  • Referrals: 9
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 04:19:00 pm »
Dogs are amzing. This is how i got squishy! and how squish got his name. A guy came in 10AM saying "i need you to look at my dog! i accidently stepped on his head when i was feeding all 15 of my puppies and he got under my foot and yelped real loud!" doc checked him out, felt his head was fractured and told him we need to do x-rays to see exactly how bad it is. of course he ran out without his wallet because he was so concerned, so we let him go because he lived close by and he would be right back. we called him at 1PM and he didnt come back because his wife had his debit card. because they only let you have one these days. called back at 4, and hour after he said she would be back and nothing. and nothing for the next two days. we called orange county animal services on him. they refused to take squish for whatever reason but visited the guy. he sold them all on craigslist soon after. and he came in and signed a euthanasia form on him. the doc didnt do it because me and the other girl were telling him we would find him a home. and we did. mine. and thats why i have a 5th dog i needed like i needed a hole in my head. but he has been the best dog out of all five and must know that i saved him because he's glued to my hip. and his head rounded out nicely.
Trying to unite the lost naked souls of the Southeast US. Message our Facebook page or PM me to get involved!

Offline Cabding

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 04:19:56 pm »
I forgot to mention in order of left to right, top to bottom there is Casper, Chaos, Spuddy, Chikito, and Squishy.
Trying to unite the lost naked souls of the Southeast US. Message our Facebook page or PM me to get involved!

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 03:15:40 pm »
This thread , these posts, is, and are, the best on this forum right now.  Thank-you all so much for making my month. 
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Cabding

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 05:26:57 am »
I am one of those people that doesn't just see a dog as an animal. All my little monsters are my family. My heart bleeds for all the dogs in kennels that are given up and abused and could be saved. I knew squish being a three week old pit bull wouldn't stand a chance in a pound. Working as a vet tech ive seen horrible things done by horrible people and the biggest messages I can give are to spay and neuter your pets to control the population and prevent euthanasia, and pit bulls are just like any other breed. Agression is by animal not by breed.

Offline Fitz1980

• Shouting it out loud
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 05:55:49 pm »
I have an update on Rani with some pictures.  She came over to the apt yesterday.  She's getting so big.  She's almost as tall as my Kaylee.  I wanted to get a better picture of the two dogs together but they hadn't seen each other in several weeks and were not cooperating with my directions.

Here she is with my GF.

She was 10 lbs when we found her.  Now she's like 25 lbs.  The vet told them that she's looking a little too skinny so they are upping her food portions.  We had to do the same thing when Kaylee was growing.  We fed her a bit more than the guidelines on the bag said.  Than when she stopped growing we dropped her portion sizes back down when we noticed that she often wouldn't finish her meals.

Offline Fitz1980

• Shouting it out loud
We're fostering a dog
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2011, 08:37:19 pm »
GF and I agreed to foster a dog for a rescue group that they work with.  She's about two years old, healthy and very sweet.  Her name is Sadie.  We think that she may have been abused because she's very timid.  GF didn't get much background from the rescue group on where she came from but is hoping to find out more today.  She's got all of her shots and is fixed so if you know anybody in the Atlanta area who's looking for a dog we're looking to find her a good home.