Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Vocaloid  (Read 1187 times)

Sunlover

Vocaloid
« on: July 31, 2010, 01:13:49 am »
I thought i,d share this with you guys. Vocaloid is a music and singing Synth program from Yamaha, released in Japan in 2004 its designed for home computers and the user designs everything from the lyrics music and the dance routine. Vocaloid is now on its 2nd Gen with 3rd Gen in development which will give graphics similar to Final Fantasy Spirits Within although the 2nd gen is damn impressive and tbh the old 1st Gen is pretty good by home PC standards.
To date 21 different Vocaloid packs have been released each pack has a different Vocaloid with there own voice and apperence including male and females of various ages and vocal ranges, newer ones have a wider range (though expansions for the earlier ones increase their range too). Until recently they could only really sing in Japanese but with the massive interest from abroad the latest ones can sing in English and Chinese with Korean under development. Users often upload their creations onto Youtube and its Japanese equal Nico Nico Douga, to date over 250,000 seperate videos have been uploaded.
If the Vocaloid is singing an existing song you arnt allowed to sell it without going through the usual routine for licenced covers, but if its your own work then through Yamaha and Sony you can release it comercially, the most popular songs have made it into the Japanese singles top 10 and complination albums of 20-30 songs have reached the Album top 10 as well.
These songs are from the Miku Hatsune Vocaloid (one of the most popular) a 2nd Gen Vocaloid.
This one is from a mid-range PC (all these are from normal people like you and I although some Vocaloid videos are from Professionals)

Miku Hatsune Vocaloid -melody.exe-

This next one from a user called Tripshots shows what you can do with a top-end system.
【初音ミク】Nebula【VOCALOID3DPV】【HD 720p】+mp3♫

So between public and professional users you now have a wide range of popular songs, what do all popular groups do? Have concerts! But how can a Vocaloid do a concert? Playing videos on a large TV would be more like going to the cinema than a concert and having someone dressed up just wouldnt look right, sounds like your out of options.. But wait this is Japan the techno paradise there is one other option...Holograms!
Hatsune Miku in LIVE ~ WORLD IS MINE