Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: AANR refuses to sign petition for clothing optional lands in California  (Read 14633 times)

Eric

Here's the petition.

Here's AANR's statement.

My question: Could AANR be any more useless?

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
Re: AANR refuses to sign petition for clothing optional lands in California
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 06:30:36 pm »
Here's AANR's statement.

Quote from: AANR
AANR chooses to work to continue to build a working relationship with the State and not to jeopardize a positive relationship it has taken years to build by signing on to a petition presented by an organization associated with legal confrontation.

In short, we won't fight for nudists rights or associate with people who do.

My question: Could AANR be any more useless?

Sure they could. They could be counter-productive and tell people that being stripped searched is just like skinny dipping thus creating unpleasant associations in people's minds.

Oh wait... They already do.

So no, they couldn't.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline Cabding

• Lord-Master of Vita Nuda Southeast
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
  • Referrals: 9
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 07:09:43 pm »
They wont sign a petition to further thier clothes free goals? that's certainly backwards thinking.
Trying to unite the lost naked souls of the Southeast US. Message our Facebook page or PM me to get involved!

Offline Steggsaurus

• Andy
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 08:55:30 pm »
without wishing to criticise the official naturist organisation of another country when i know my own is far from perfect, i do wonder how much freedom American naturists would have today if this "don't rock the boat or even ripple the water a little" attitude had been shared by those who first pioneered nude recreation in the states?

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 09:08:45 pm »
without wishing to criticise the official naturist organisation of another country when i know my own is far from perfect, i do wonder how much freedom American naturists would have today if this "don't rock the boat or even ripple the water a little" attitude had been shared by those who first pioneered nude recreation in the states?

Signing a petition is a very, very little rippling of the water. It's not very threatening to anyone. And them signing or not signing is not a big deal since petitions accomplish nothing.

However what's really, really bad is not signing and then making a press release about it.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 09:28:11 pm »

In today's USA, you can get sued for ANYTHING.  No, seriously...pretty much ANYTHING.  Now it's like, peeps are too scared to take anyone else on in the Court of Law because of how often really silly plaintiffs win cases.  That's probably why AANR is taking the stance it has.  It's still a bad stance, though.  Assholes.

Offline Five9

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 3
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 10:25:20 pm »
I read this elsewhere and i had me shaking my head and confused. i dont get it, i mean are they serious? I went to San O on one of  the coldest days of summer, about 62 degrees and a slight drizzle, with my girlfriend to the former nude section, and although it was cold there were still a few families in that section which made me wonder if they were nudists too. Nobody was nude and i have never seen a beach patrol truck pass so many times through one section of the beach in one day. Its a beautiful beach and fairly secluded from the rest of the beach, i hope they overrule the current law placed here.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 11:17:50 pm »
This further proves AANR protects the clubs, but has a lack of interest in furthering any other promotion of the lifestyle.

And what does it protects the clubs from exactly? I saw instances of them bossing clubs around and banning them for not following the standards but I never read anything about them protecting anyone. It doesn't meant they don't though so could someone point out how and when the AANR did something to protect someone?

Offline Fitz1980

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 12:13:30 am »

And what does it protects the clubs from exactly?

Unfortunately not supporting public nude beaches protects clubs from competition.  I lived in South Florida for several years and for as many nudists who live down there they only have 2 nudist resorts in the whole area.  The fact that they have Haulover beach (a public nude beach where it's just $5 to park and anyone can go to) means that there is much less demand for resorts.

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 04:05:57 am »
Mike and Fitz nailed it.  Most regulars know my feelings on AANR and why. 

They are not educational on the philosophy of true naturism, fitness, continuity, acting like a governing body,  but do things -- or do not -- that will possibly assist their landed "nudist" clubs.  They have no interest in helping in any way, to support c/o beaches or properties they do not have a vested interest in.  If the beaches close, then those die hards might join a club. 

TNS is who should be the NGB and not AANR. They have so many issues and its not even funny.

-Danee
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 04:10:37 am »
Does joining the AANR give any kind of benefit to clubs?

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 04:17:01 am »
Does joining the AANR give any kind of benefit to clubs?

It, like being anything else, I suppose, allows them to have accreditation with the recognized NGB of the U.S.A., and therefore, affiliation with INF which of course, is far more in keeping with the true philosophy of Naturism, whether it be landed clubs in other countries (see the Organisation section and links to other countries) or, preserves which allow for Nude recreation. 

It probably gets a slice of the membership dues as well, and publicity to a point. 

Wolfboy

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 04:41:13 am »
Maybe a stupid question but i've only read about the AANR a couple of times so i don't know exactly what they do
Is it an organisation you can compair to like for example the INF?

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 04:44:28 am »
Maybe a stupid question but i've only read about the AANR a couple of times so i don't know exactly what they do
Is it an organisation you can compair to like for example the INF?

Woflie, INF, is the world governing body and it recognizes one association in a country. IN the U.S.A, it recogizes AANR (www.aanr.com) as the National Governing Body for that country, as it recognizes the Belgium org. in that country, etc. 

Wolfboy

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 04:54:42 am »
Woflie, INF, is the world governing body and it recognizes one association in a country. IN the U.S.A, it recogizes AANR (www.aanr.com) as the National Governing Body for that country, as it recognizes the Belgium org. in that country, etc. 

Again i learned something here
Thank you for the info Danee