Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: AANR refuses to sign petition for clothing optional lands in California  (Read 14628 times)

Offline Fitz1980

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
Re: AANR refuses to sign petition for clothing optional lands in California
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 04:58:44 am »
Does joining the AANR give any kind of benefit to clubs?

It does put your club in the "legitimate" system.  Nudist resorts often have the fight the stigma of being a "sex club."  Several clubs get that rap because AANR won't affiliate with them because they do some adult event once per year.  But being in AANR pretty much proves that you follow certian guidelines that separate you from swingers clubs where nudity is also common.  Also if some local politician tries to close you down AANR will pay for lawyers to defend you.

Eric

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 03:56:30 pm »
Woflie, INF, is the world governing body and it recognizes one association in a country. IN the U.S.A, it recogizes AANR (www.aanr.com) as the National Governing Body for that country, as it recognizes the Belgium org. in that country, etc. 

Interesting. So who would we have to lobby to get INF to recognize TNS rather than AANR?

If AANR wants to exist as an association of clubs and resorts looking out for their own interests, fine - but they shouldn't pretend to be the voice of nude recreation in the US if that's the case.

Offline Cabding

• Lord-Master of Vita Nuda Southeast
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
  • Referrals: 9
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 03:32:08 pm »
I've been thinking about joining an organisation and have been looking into each one i come across, the benefits, where i get discounts, who does the most good supporting fellow nudies, who promotes the lifestyle, even the sweet merch i can buy. When things are more stable and have disposable income i want to support an organization that fights for our lifestyle, not its own existance. Why does INF see AANR as the national body and not anybody else?
Trying to unite the lost naked souls of the Southeast US. Message our Facebook page or PM me to get involved!

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 12:18:06 am »
I've been thinking about joining an organisation and have been looking into each one i come across, the benefits, where i get discounts, who does the most good supporting fellow nudies, who promotes the lifestyle, even the sweet merch i can buy. When things are more stable and have disposable income i want to support an organization that fights for our lifestyle, not its own existance. Why does INF see AANR as the national body and not anybody else?

They were around before TNS probably and under a different name but the only one that was around and its not like the members wish to petition the World Governing Body for a change, though I do not speak from full knowledge on this of course.

Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Cabding

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 05:43:07 am »
Maybe we should start a revolution or petition or hell, start our own organisation. I think YNAI can take AANR in a fight.
Trying to unite the lost naked souls of the Southeast US. Message our Facebook page or PM me to get involved!

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 12:19:27 pm »
Maybe we should start a revolution or petition or hell, start our own organisation. I think YNAI can take AANR in a fight.

:56789

Offline Cabding

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2010, 01:55:04 pm »
oops! typo. I meant IYNO, not YNAI.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2010, 04:42:52 am »

YNAI is the DC to INYO's Marvel.

INSTANT WIN.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2010, 04:44:23 am »

YNAI is the DC to INYO's Marvel.

INSTANT WIN.

I much prefer DC.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

genxnaturist

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2010, 03:21:54 am »
This past summer, there was NorthWest AANR event and also one for entire USA.  Friends of mine who were members of this resort were the delegates who were selected to represent their club.
What AANR is collective body of delegates from clubs, both landed and non landed clubs that are part of AANR.  By the way non landed clubs are minority of the membership of AANR.  Anycase as result you see that by this nature AANR is biased towards needs and wants of the clubs that make up its organization.  I have asked many of the clubs all around washington why dont they help clean up beaches get designated beaches for clothing optional.  Normaly they say well there is another group that is doing it.  Or that that group that is doing it is more controvertial and they dont want to be associated with them.  In the end they are for interests of their own clubs, not nudism/naturism in general.  Likewise realize for most part these clubs are controled by older generation of people and send such to the AANR meetings. 

Michael

Offline Cabding

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2010, 11:31:29 am »
I haven't been to a resort yet but I get the feeling they are just a gated naked retirement home. I want to check one out soon to see how true my hypothesis is.

jlaidler

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2011, 11:13:24 pm »
It's probably the reason I won't be so keen on joining or visiting a club when I can, unless I go with any friends I meet, but I'm not too hopeful on that yet.  Things seem a little too strict.  Their rules seem to assume everyone who goes there is looking to get laid.  I am or at least was online friends with a guy, and he took his sons to Laguna Del Sol near Sacramento.  Said it was a nice enough club, but they have a rule where if you get a stiffy, and his boys are teen sons after all, you gotta wrap a towel around yourself.  Sheeh, that's like wearing a sign saying I'm hard and you might as well view me as a horny freak who wants to have sex with everyone.  Granted walking around with your flag pole at full mast would be noticeable, but if you're naked most real nudists aren't going to look or really notice since they do understand it happens, and I'm sure having the towel off would minimize it, or am I wrong?  I've had little home experience, and almost little with other people.  I'm sure though I'd be down most of the time though.  I have been in a couple private small group setting where if I tried I couldn't get up.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2011, 04:56:39 am »
It's probably the reason I won't be so keen on joining or visiting a club when I can, unless I go with any friends I meet, but I'm not too hopeful on that yet.  Things seem a little too strict.  Their rules seem to assume everyone who goes there is looking to get laid.  I am or at least was online friends with a guy, and he took his sons to Laguna Del Sol near Sacramento.  Said it was a nice enough club, but they have a rule where if you get a stiffy, and his boys are teen sons after all, you gotta wrap a towel around yourself.  Sheeh, that's like wearing a sign saying I'm hard and you might as well view me as a horny freak who wants to have sex with everyone.  Granted walking around with your flag pole at full mast would be noticeable, but if you're naked most real nudists aren't going to look or really notice since they do understand it happens, and I'm sure having the towel off would minimize it, or am I wrong?  I've had little home experience, and almost little with other people.  I'm sure though I'd be down most of the time though.  I have been in a couple private small group setting where if I tried I couldn't get up.

Well, maybe when the nudists take all the women off that sky-high pedestal and realize that they can be just as pervy and/or creepy as they fear the men to be, as well as figure out how a penis actually works and understand that a hard on doesn't always mean "I WANNA FUCK RIGHT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW"...then maybe...JUST MAYBE, things will be be--oh, wait.  That'll NEVER happen.

jlaidler

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2011, 06:05:45 am »
Hear hear!  Also, I WISH people would be able to differentiate between someone who's horny, and someone who's a perv, there is a difference.

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2011, 10:54:31 am »
It's probably the reason I won't be so keen on joining or visiting a club when I can, unless I go with any friends I meet, but I'm not too hopeful on that yet.  Things seem a little too strict. 

I am not sure you really understand the rationale for this and while I understand what you mean, and how you could feel it is suppressive, the fact remains, especially in the uneducated, unread Americas, that many regard clubs as hookup places and wish to experience them for that purpose.  It is a simple fact.

Their rules seem to assume everyone who goes there is looking to get laid.

No, they are there, as are OUR rules, to show to those newbies that this is NOT a place to get laid if that is your impression and to many, it is.

I am or at least was online friends with a guy, and he took his sons to Laguna Del Sol near Sacramento.  Said it was a nice enough club, but they have a rule where if you get a stiffy, and his boys are teen sons after all, you gotta wrap a towel around yourself.  Sheeh, that's like wearing a sign saying I'm hard and you might as well view me as a horny freak who wants to have sex with everyone.

Again, you do not get it. You don't understand naturism.  You have not read the etiquette that is world wide on real fkk social naturism at all. No-one is going to be upset of weirded by a boy with a semi woodie at a club BUT, it is polite and proper etiquette to wrap and sit if it occurs and it does NOT happen very often, I can assure you!  And, they cannot have one rule for teen guys and older guys. It is called being polite and it is called etiquette.

Granted walking around with your flag pole at full mast would be noticeable, but if you're naked most real nudists aren't going to look or really notice since they do understand it happens, and I'm sure having the towel off would minimize it, or am I wrong?

Yes, you are.  Totally.

I've had little home experience, and almost little with other people.  I'm sure though I'd be down most of the time though.  I have been in a couple private small group setting where if I tried I couldn't get up.

Read..read..educate, inform yourself. Please.