Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Nude cyclists take to Melbourne's streets on World's Naked Bike Ride (3.09)  (Read 2482 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
From: http://news.smashits.com/361163/Nude-cyclists-take-to-Melbourne-39s-streets-on-World-39s-Naked-Bike-Ride.htm

Melbourne, March 16 (ANI): A group of nearly 50 nude bicycle riders trailed Melbourne's streets to participate in the yearly World's Naked Bike Ride. 

Organiser Heidi Hill revealed that the cyclists completed their stretch while being accompanied by police, who followed them from Fitzroy to State Parliament and back.

The hour-long ride was completed without trouble and no arrests were made, unlike last year that saw male cyclists being told to cover up because men have exposed genitalia.

We had a couple of people fall off in the wet on the tram tracks, but no one was injured. Police were helpful but unobtrusive. They let everyone ride naked, News.com.au quoted Hill as telling the Melbourne Leader.

Hill further said that the naked riders even posed for pictures for a newly wed couple at Victoria's State Parliament just as they reached the mid-way point.

Hill said: They were having photos taken on the steps of Parliament House and all of a sudden we showed up and they had to have a photos with us.

And as for the crowd, she added: There was not one negative comment. It was just applause and screaming. (ANI)
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

sargent

Woo!

How I envy the permitting climate of Australia. Sounds fun though. They were doing their ride in Eugene here last week but I can't imagine the weather was very friendly in early march there. It's the thrill and exhileration coupled with an awesome sense of freedom that makes it worth while though, not the weather. The cold might even make it more liberating. 

Nude_not_rude

Another great story. It is amazing that whilst the general public don't really care if they see nude people, it's still such a taboo subject and so "wrong" in the lawmakers eyes. I can't figure it out.

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
Heidi Hill is a personal friend of mine.  I meet her once a year at Confest and she is a very sweet, honest and vivacious person who is well cut out to handle the event.

The Newcastle and Sydney bike rides got only 14 people taking part with a strict police presence.  The original organiser Marte Kinder is a hypocrite.  The WNBR is a clothing optional event, yet when he did them at ConFest (a clothing optional event for all) he would cajole *everyone* to go fully nude for them.  Yet in the Sydney and Newcastle rides he did them wearing a pair of red speedos.  :-(
"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"