General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > The Hobby Hut

Cars: Manual or Automatic transmission?

<< < (22/24) > >>

JoyousLemons:
I've never seen a manual transmission car before and I don't see any point in wanting one

Fishandchips:

--- Quote from: Interested Nudist on August 12, 2022, 12:01:16 am ---
--- Quote from: Fishandchips on August 11, 2022, 09:34:01 pm ---I think over here you have to learn and pass your test on a manual to be able to drive both. If you do it using an auto then you aren’t allowed to drive manual

--- End quote ---

In the good ole US, you dont need to worry about any of that. If you can drive an auto, you're allowed to drive any car.

--- End quote ---

I think you guys can drive at a younger age than us too. Think it’s 17 here.. well it was when I was 17 lol

Interested Nudist:

--- Quote from: Fishandchips on August 12, 2022, 05:49:05 pm ---
I think you guys can drive at a younger age than us too. Think it’s 17 here.. well it was when I was 17 lol

--- End quote ---

Depends on the state. Some places you can drive as young as 14. Other places you gotta wait til 16 or 17.

coolstolSE:

--- Quote from: JoyousLemons on August 12, 2022, 01:11:40 pm ---I've never seen a manual transmission car before and I don't see any point in wanting one

--- End quote ---

:thinking: Murica huh

NaturistBeez:
Have owned both, learned in a manual car (also had no power steering so 3 point turns were great craic). I think manual is preferred here for the most part because our roads are quite small, so most people would gravitate towards something smaller. Lower powered engines typically don't do too tell with automatic or CVT setups.

Of the cars I've owned, 10 have been manual, 1 automatic. My preference would be for an automatic purely for traffic, honestly, but they're a bit thin on the ground here as I said unless you want a luxury or executive car.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version