General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > The Hobby Hut

Cars: Manual or Automatic transmission?

<< < (24/24)

coolstolSE:
Bruh if you can drive a manual you can drive an auto. Like, there has never been a person that knows manuals that got in an auto and said "i give up, this is too hard"

spongeman:

--- Quote from: brandon on August 24, 2010, 03:00:24 am ---
As far as longevity goes, if you buy a used car with a standard transmission, it's almost a given that it will need a new clutch soon, and probably a throw-out bearing, maybe a clutch cylinder if it's hydraulic, and quite possibly some new synchros or gears in the transmission.

Although hot weather and deep water prematurely kill a lot of automatic transmissions around here, in theory, an automatic transmission should last several hundred thousand miles without problems.

--- End quote ---

It's the complete opposite here in Lithuania. People know how to drive stick and don't abuse it that much, probably because automatic is still sort of a luxury. And with automatic all you have to do is press both pedals at once.

steffy21:
my dad had a stick shift when i was little that i was starting to learn to drive but we moved to the city and he got rid of it becouse we did not need a gas swallowing 4 wheel drive and i have not had the opportunity to drive one since

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version