Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Cars: Manual or Automatic transmission?  (Read 20589 times)

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Cars: Manual or Automatic transmission?
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2012, 06:06:13 pm »
I have never driven cars nor trucks with automatic transmission. I have seen them and heard about them in some movies/tv-series and from the mouth my driving instructor. But never seen them in real life. And I really don't have any urge to try it either. I think it is very rare on cars on finnish roads.

Offline myAcores

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2012, 10:46:45 am »
i would never buy an automatic car. manual transmissions are just more fun to drive.

I totally agree. In the Us nearly 99% are automatic cars. If you want a rental car you even don't get a manual one :D

As a good german... I have a german car with manual transmission.

Offline Mettis

• Be free, be nude!
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Become a part of nature
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2013, 06:28:00 pm »
I love driving cars with manual transmission, not automatic, because the feeling is not the same... In addition, I have not learned to drive an automatic car.
nΔa²t+u(r±e)³ = L(i)fe³ - Σ(cl²ot³h²es)

.: Mettis & Vous ! :.

escape

« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2013, 11:55:16 am »
Like many people in the UK, I drive a manual car. I don't think I'd feel in control of the car if it was an automatic.

Offline the_nude_topher

• Shouting it out loud
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2022, 12:30:05 pm »
I truly enjoy driving a stick over an automatic.

Offline timnudist

• Naked is Natural !
  • Guy Talk
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Be pround to be a Nudist !
  • Referrals: 9
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2022, 01:05:45 pm »
I much prefer manuel over automatic.  Was a time u had to pay extra for automatic and now u have to pay extra for manue and that even assumes you can even order manuel.
I LOVE to be naked !

Offline jabber1990

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2022, 05:58:55 pm »
i've never used a stick in a car, but I have in a truck. i've always wanted to try it out, but a friend of mine told me "if you drive your car the same way you drive that truck you're going to rip the transmission apart"

I asked what she meant but she said she can't explain it. but i've been able to gather that I can't float in a car, and that's one big difference

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Nude when possible he/him
« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2022, 08:31:27 pm »
i've never used a stick in a car, but I have in a truck. i've always wanted to try it out, but a friend of mine told me "if you drive your car the same way you drive that truck you're going to rip the transmission apart"

I asked what she meant but she said she can't explain it. but i've been able to gather that I can't float in a car, and that's one big difference

Maybe she thought you would be habitually trying to double clutch and not realise you can double clutch a car even with synchronised gear boxes without causing damage

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2022, 11:02:03 pm »
Maybe she thought you would be habitually trying to double clutch and not realise you can double clutch a car even with synchronised gear boxes without causing damage

You can double-clutch, it is even good for the car to match RPM before engaging the gear. What you should not do unless necessary is to not clutch at all. It is not impossible to do it safely, but it is easier to mess up and damages the transmission if you do.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline swede

• Guy Talk
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 14
    • My website
« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2022, 01:29:12 pm »
Never owned a automatic, but have driven plenty. Like manual though, nice to have that control.

Offline Longingtobenude

• Shouting it out loud
  • Hello:)
« Reply #100 on: August 08, 2022, 09:57:25 pm »
I drive both.  As a trucker I've driven all kinds of crazy transmissions.  But even in the world of trucking manuals are getting scarce.  I wish they were the norm across the board. 

Offline Interested Nudist

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • This is America. You can always cut a deal.
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2022, 12:53:05 am »
So I got my license not too long ago and because my family's car is an auto that's what I learned to drive with.

Rn I'm using a friend's car to slowly learn how to use a manual. Takes some time to get the hang of but I think its worth it. It's a skill that definitely should be practiced more. Besides all the classic sports cars I like use manual. I think the first car I buy will be a manual.
"It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates

coolstolSE

« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2022, 08:29:27 pm »
So I got my license not too long ago and because my family's car is an auto that's what I learned to drive with.

Rn I'm using a friend's car to slowly learn how to use a manual. Takes some time to get the hang of but I think its worth it. It's a skill that definitely should be practiced more. Besides all the classic sports cars I like use manual. I think the first car I buy will be a manual.

Big ups

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Nude when possible he/him
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2022, 09:34:01 pm »

I think over here you have to learn and pass your test on a manual to be able to drive both. If you do it using an auto then you aren’t allowed to drive manual

Offline Interested Nudist

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • This is America. You can always cut a deal.
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2022, 12:01:16 am »
I think over here you have to learn and pass your test on a manual to be able to drive both. If you do it using an auto then you aren’t allowed to drive manual

In the good ole US, you dont need to worry about any of that. If you can drive an auto, you're allowed to drive any car.
"It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates