Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: How often do you play video games?  (Read 6048 times)

Offline aepplerqueen

• Female Chat
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 6
    • Anne :-)
Re: How often do you play video games?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 07:21:24 am »
I do not have any video games, no wii or anything else
and I'm still alive

Offline MrDude

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 07:52:37 am »
I bought an XBOX 360 last year, but it eventually broke. It was fun, but I am trying to resist to buy a new console.

Offline RD

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 12:04:45 pm »
When I have free time, I will either watch TV and go on MSN with my friends, go out, or play Xbox with my friends. Some people say video games are anti-social, but everytime I'm on I always play with some of my friends

Offline peteR

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 01:45:20 pm »
I do not have any video games, no wii or anything else
and I'm still alive
Sure, I could live without video games, too, but it's just more fun to live with them.  :56789 Life consists of more than just "things we need to live".

Offline Daft

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 02:04:11 pm »
There's been about 2 months I don't play anything on my Gamecube. Must fix that soon.
A nova geração.

Offline King Pizza

• I'm too blessed to be dressed ><N>
  • Shouting it out loud
  • unstressed = undressed; no curse means no clothes
  • Referrals: 7
    • My Linktree
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2010, 07:16:45 pm »
I play in seasons- there are periods where I play video games a lot and other periods where I have little time for video games. When I have time for video games, it is usually a game that I have on my computer and have been just sitting there for a while. I do enjoy playing Mario and such, but I don't have a console or the infrastructure to support a console while I'm away from home.   
John 8:32 Truth=freedom
><> (Christianity) + Naturism = ><N> Christian Naturist
"We must pray for the courage to endure the scorn of the sophisticated world"- Justice A. Scalia
Once we existed in colonies; now, we are free. ><N>
Proud to be an American Conservative Nudist

Offline peteR

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 07:37:09 pm »
I played "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" on Sunday. It took me about 12 hours to finish as I got stuck twice. A good game, though. But I expected nothing less from the people who brought us "Penumbra". Now I'm trying to finish DoW II + Chaos Rising, as the ultimate edition of DA:O is coming on Thursday.

Offline Bobbert

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2010, 02:58:42 am »
Like cpen05, my playing goes in phases.  I'll play a game of spider solitaire pretty often, but bigger gaming tends to go in long phases of playing/not playing.

Offline mihimarcelo

• Topless with bottoms
  • Don't stop the music!
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2011, 03:13:40 am »
I play everynight after work about 4 hours. These days I'm playing more PS3 than nintendo wii :4345
Today on this program you will hear gospel, and rhythm and blues, and jazz
All those are just labels...We know that music is music♪

Offline crasher35

• Shouting it out loud
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2011, 04:59:22 pm »
I have no video games.
Is that bad?

I don't have cable. Is that bad?
LOL, I don't have cable either :P
I definitely think playing video games is better for people over watching some of the mindless reality shows on cable!

if i get a new game and it's good, i play it every night i am home.  but once i have completed it or had my fun with it, i tend to leave off gaming until the next game i get.
It's about the same with me. I'd call myself "casual hardcore gamer". Sometimes I do not play video games for month, but when there's a good game, I play about every spare minute. Usually it takes me less than a week to finish a game (I'm talking "The Witcher" or "Mass Effect", games like "Crysis" mostly take a single session to finish).
Yeah. I am like this as well. I've often referred to myself as a "casual hardcore gamer," though this year I think I've been slipping more and more into the hardcore realm. I haven't been playing as much in the last two months just because I have been busy with school, but I think I'm going to adopt a philosophy of getting all of my work done right away so I can play the rest of the week. Otherwise either school or my video game addiction is going to suffer (and this semester, it definitely has been my video game addiction... I guess I can't really call it an addiction).

if i get a new game and it's good, i play it every night i am home.  but once i have completed it or had my fun with it, i tend to leave off gaming until the next game i get.
Ditto.

I am currently playing Dragon Age: Origins and plan on moving on to Dragon Age Origins: Awakening and Dragon Age II (I'm a bit behind). I will probably play more when my new PC is put together (I'm just waiting on the case to arrive, which it's supposed to arrive today). I also want to play The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in anticipation of the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. I was never interested in these games before but my husband has gotten me really excited for Skyrim now. I'm also playing a few more casual games like "World of Goo" and "Greed Corp." They're so much fun ^_^.

On the consoles, I'm still working on getting through Kingdom Hearts on the PS2 (I've been slowly working my way through that game for something like four years now. I don't really like it that much, yet I'm compelled to finish it). I've also been playing my way through Okami on the Wii, but sometimes that game can be a tough lesson in frustration when the controls glitch up. It's a great game but I probably should have gotten it for the PS2, I think it would have worked better. I'm also playing a game from Hudson called Lost in Shadow. That game is a real work of art! It's so beautiful and it tells the story in a very engaging way. It's very much a traditional platformer when you get down to basics (the Wii controls seem a little tacked-on) but it's still a great game.

Offline Daisy

• Female Chat
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2012, 01:55:07 am »
Not often enough! I miss playing :(

jcs2010

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2012, 09:34:10 pm »
All the time. It's really great for upper level brain functions such as the ability to solve problems.its also a great stress reliever after a hard days studying

Offline Rob N

• Rob
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
    • Absolute Freedom
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2012, 09:46:51 pm »
I'm with the casual hardcore guys. I've been an avid gamer my whole life. As I get older I want more from my games in the areas of quality & story, and therefore I play less games. Since I've had Skyrim, I have been playing regularly for a few hours at least twice a week.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2012, 10:39:10 am »
Hardly ever these days.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline Ed

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2012, 10:21:23 pm »
Once a week or so to de-stress. Had a CoD4 session today and I swear I'm loads better than I used to be :P