Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The official Lego thread!  (Read 14708 times)

Staff

The official Lego thread!
« on: September 13, 2010, 05:57:09 pm »
I couldn't help but notice there being quite a few posts about building Legos, but we don't have a specific thread for it.

So... Here it is!

I'll break the ice... here a Lego rendition of the aircraft I fly.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 03:38:28 am by NudieDaniel »

Offline Bobbert

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
Re: The official Lego thread!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 09:59:31 pm »
Oh man, I've had some powerful urges to break out the container of LEGOs again.

This person is a genius:
LEGO Pop-up Kinkaku-ji レゴで飛び出る金閣寺(鹿苑寺)

little_man

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 04:18:55 am »
OMG!  Legos!  I love Legos!

As a kid, I dreamed of working at Legoland or being a Lego Sculptor.

When I get enough money, I'm buying a ton of Legos.  Yes, I would be THAT guy who has is Legos sorted by shape, size, and color.  I wonder if the Lego violin I made some 15 years ago is still intact... I doubt it, but I might go look.

little_man

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 04:37:59 am »
LEGO Pop-up Kinkaku-ji レゴで飛び出る金閣寺(鹿苑寺)
**bows** I am not worthy... I am not worthy... that was AMAZING!

little_man

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 04:37:50 am »
I believe the first step in fixing school is answering the question "What are we trying to accomplish exactly?" and then we'll be able to talk about how to measure how well we are doing regarding that objective.
Better build it somewhere with no weather... it's not waterproof. I'd imagine you do not want to be anywhere near this thing if a tornado or hurricane hits.

sunlover1988

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 04:29:30 am »
OMG I love legos so much. As a kid they were the only toy I would play with and I could build from the time I woke up to the time I had to go to bed non stop. I always wanted to work as a builder for lego or have my own private studio. I still build them to day only know I have my nephew to build with me. I wish I had pics of some of the things I built in the past.

Offline King Pizza

• I'm too blessed to be dressed ><N>
  • Shouting it out loud
  • unstressed = undressed; no curse means no clothes
  • Referrals: 7
    • My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 06:07:48 pm »
I used to love playing with Legos and I would love to visit Legoland. 
John 8:32 Truth=freedom
><> (Christianity) + Naturism = ><N> Christian Naturist
"We must pray for the courage to endure the scorn of the sophisticated world"- Justice A. Scalia
Once we existed in colonies; now, we are free. ><N>
Proud to be an American Conservative Nudist

Offline dmutah

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 01:22:59 am »
       Share this on:Mixx Facebook Twitter Digg delicious reddit MySpace StumbleUpon LinkedIn LEGO brick not a trademark, court rulesBy the CNN Wire StaffSeptember 15, 2010 8:42 a.m. EDT
 LEGO claims the court ruling will confuse its customers.STORY HIGHLIGHTS
LEGO may not trademark its iconic plastic brick
Canadian toy maker Mega Brands said it violated trademark laws
RELATED TOPICS
LEGO Group
Denmark
European Court of Justice
(CNN) -- Toy manufacturer LEGO, famous for its small plastic stackable bricks, is not allowed to register one of them as its trademark, the European Court of Justice has ruled.

The Danish company was granted a trademark for a three-dimensional image of a red eight-stud brick in 1999, for use throughout the European Union.

Canadian toy manufacturer Mega Brands, which makes similar plastic bricks, argued that LEGO violated trademark legislation, and the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg ruled in favor of Mega Brands on Tuesday.

"This was the court of final instance, and we have no option but to note the court's ruling," said Peter Kjaer, the head of LEGO's Intellectual Property Section.

The ruling cannot be appealed.

The issue was whether the famous LEGO brick served a technical function. European law says companies can trademark graphic images like words, designs, the shape of their goods and packaging -- but trademarking a product's shape, if that shape is "necessary to obtain a technical result," is not allowed, the court said.

LEGO argued that did not apply to its brick, because "bricks with virtually the same function can have other appearances," Kjaer said.

In making its decision, the court referred to an earlier case involving the electronics makers Philips and Remington over the shape of an electric razor.

"Patents can protect technical solutions, such as the means to interconnect toy bricks, but patent protection is limited in time and LEGO's patents for the basic brick have long expired," Mega Brands said in a statement after the ruling. "Put simply, a trademark registration cannot be used to confer a potentially everlasting monopoly on a useful product configuration."

Kjaer said the decision will confuse LEGO customers.

"It is naturally a matter of concern to us that use of the brick by others can dilute the trademark," he said. "But the worst aspect is that consumers will be misled. Analyses show that 40-60 percent of shoppers believe they are buying a LEGO product when in fact they are purchasing a different product. Shoppers can see there is a different name on the box, but they believe it is a product line or company owned by us."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/BUSINESS/09/15/eu.lego.trademark/index.html?iref=obnetwork

Offline hemingway

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 02:37:48 pm »
The mrs bought me this a couple of years ago. It's about 65x30cm and lives on the coffee table.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 12:30:07 pm by hemingway »

Offline hemingway

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 02:28:07 pm »
yeah I was pretty pleased with her! She said they don't make a Williams one so I'd have to settle for a Ferarri :)

It's missing one peice, which is either inside the dog; or inside the couch...I'm not sure which

Offline hemingway

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 12:08:06 pm »
we did it together over a couple of evenings - may three or four hours

Offline King Pizza

• I'm too blessed to be dressed ><N>
  • Shouting it out loud
  • unstressed = undressed; no curse means no clothes
  • Referrals: 7
    • My Linktree
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 01:49:32 pm »
For those of us in FL, we will have a Legoland nearer to us than California, in Winter Haven, FL.  :63424 The park will open in October of 2011.    http://florida.legoland.com/
John 8:32 Truth=freedom
><> (Christianity) + Naturism = ><N> Christian Naturist
"We must pray for the courage to endure the scorn of the sophisticated world"- Justice A. Scalia
Once we existed in colonies; now, we are free. ><N>
Proud to be an American Conservative Nudist

sargent

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2011, 09:00:05 pm »
Every birthday and holiday, I secretly wish that someone would buy me Legos again... I feel like I'm too old to buy them for myself, but if someone else did it, it would be okay. Haha  :rolleyes:

I don't know how many of you have Lego stores near you, either, but they're like little nostalgia centers! I've got a big soft spot for Legos... Augh...

Also, that fold-out pagoda was amazing. It makes anything I've ever done with Legos look like garbage.

Offline veritasinchains

• The random
  • Topless with bottoms
  • I'm trans and live as female now.
  • Referrals: 1
    • Geek At Random
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 02:20:36 am »
Every birthday and holiday, I secretly wish that someone would buy me Legos again... I feel like I'm too old to buy them for myself, but if someone else did it, it would be okay. Haha  :rolleyes:

I don't know how many of you have Lego stores near you, either, but they're like little nostalgia centers! I've got a big soft spot for Legos... Augh...

Also, that fold-out pagoda was amazing. It makes anything I've ever done with Legos look like garbage.

You are never to old for Legos sir. I still buy them and have spent many an hour with them. Has anyone here installed the Lego Digital Designer. It is pretty cool I have made several models using it.
And I mean hell if you have to live the rest of your life in a memory you might as well make it a good one.
-Epsilon

sargent

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 08:04:57 pm »
 :34 I didn't know there was such a thing as Lego Digital Designer! I just downloaded it, I'll play around with that... Thanks for mentioning it!