Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: U.S.: AANR Withdraws From INF  (Read 10474 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
U.S.: AANR Withdraws From INF
« on: September 19, 2010, 02:16:25 am »
Well, well, well....too much emphasis on Euro culture huh?  IE: the real meaning of Naturism? 

AANR Withdraws From INF
For over half a century, the American Association for Nude Recreation (AANR) has served as the United States and Western Canadian affiliate for the International Naturist Federation (INF).  At the annual INF meeting in Italy in September 2010, AANR withdrew its membership from INF.

AANR has taken a professional stance in regards to public education about the wholesome and positive aspects of family nude recreation.  AANR has also taken a strong stance with respect to education of legislative leadership and the promotion of equitable treatment of nude recreation as a recreation choice.

INF, while making use of the data and resources provided by AANR, has moved less assertively in the area of public and legislative education.  INF has placed greater emphasis on nude recreation from the Eurocentric perspective than the truly international world of nude recreation as practiced on five continents.

With the European, rather than international focus taken by INF, AANR does not feel that the interest of American and Canadian nudists are being sufficiently addressed by INF, and has withdrawn its membership.

AANR, which has the most extensive research and economic data on the advantages of nude recreation as a segment of the travel and hospitality industry, is committed to continuing to offer assistance to international nudist and naturist organizations needing such information to promote and protect their nude beaches and facilities.

Sounds like a golden Opp. for The Naturist Society!!!!!!!!!!! Start the email campaign to them now!

www.naturistsociety.com

Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
Re: U.S.: AANR Withdraws From INF
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 02:30:15 am »
That's excellent news.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

i-naked

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 02:31:12 am »
Wow that came out of the blue.

Offline mcibear

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 04:24:13 am »
Wow, this will be an interesting story to follow.

Offline 1Boy

• Topless with bottoms
  • The Modest Nudist
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 06:05:45 am »
Who benefits the most from this action?  It appears that AANR must have the most leverage in this situation, though the INF is a huge organization (and the world is plenty much bigger than just North America...).  AANR has impressed me over the past few years -- they really seem to have a plan and the means to implement it. 

Quote from: Danee
Sounds like a golden Opp. for The Naturist Society!!!!!!!!!!! Start the email campaign to them now!
Danee, I presume you're referring to the vacancy left from AANR's departure as an opportunity for TNS to represent North America to the INF?  I think TNS' values are more consistent with Euro-based organizations, so TNS may definitely fit very comfortably with the INF.

Just curious, I can't find any information online about AANR and INF breaking ties -- what's the source for this significant information?

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 11:38:36 am »
Who benefits the most from this action?  It appears that AANR must have the most leverage in this situation, though the INF is a huge organization (and the world is plenty much bigger than just North America...).  AANR has impressed me over the past few years -- they really seem to have a plan and the means to implement it. 

Quote from: Danee
Danee, I presume you're referring to the vacancy left from AANR's departure as an opportunity for TNS to represent North America to the INF?  I think TNS' values are more consistent with Euro-based organizations, so TNS may definitely fit very comfortably with the INF.

Just curious, I can't find any information online about AANR and INF breaking ties -- what's the source for this significant information?

Many of TNS values are more representative with true naturism, Boy.  Not only Euro based INF orgs. 

Source?  Sure.  www.aanr.com 
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Eric

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 03:08:01 pm »
Must've been all the bitching and complaining I've done on this board that caused it. I take full credit.

Lisa2408

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 05:11:08 pm »
@Danee,

your Picture is not only US.  :324
 Some Europaen (German) woman looks like that pic too.  :345678

Offline Cabding

• Lord-Master of Vita Nuda Southeast
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
  • Referrals: 9
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 08:18:21 pm »
This is only making TNS look as a better and better option to me. Memberships are cheaper, you can get a couples membership for the price of one, it seems TNS and AANR memberships are pretty evenly accepted, and they are closer to what naturism is to me instead of a collection of people that like to be nude behind walls. Only thing is I wish TNS would update their website! It looks antiquated and it looks like it could use some help.
Trying to unite the lost naked souls of the Southeast US. Message our Facebook page or PM me to get involved!

enertronik

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 12:34:00 am »
Am I missing something. It sounds to me like once again the AANR thinks they're above everyone else and doesn't want to support mainstream naturists.

First they ditch the battle for San Onofre Beach. Then they chose not to support the naturist parents in Arizona. Then they condemned the guy who was making coffee nude in his kitchen in the morning. Oh and then they supported the topfree section of beach in Asbury Park, NJ. Like segregating nudists and WOMEN especially is going to help our cause. Oh yeah and then they dropped the ball and sucked at promoting their own Guinness World Record swim this year. I guess the only mainstream event of theirs isn't worth promoting, even though it's probably the only opportunity to reach the masses.

Can anyone tell that I'm unhappy with the AANR lately?

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 12:45:55 am »
Am I missing something. It sounds to me like once again the AANR thinks they're above everyone else and doesn't want to support mainstream naturists.

The AANR works in the interests of its members, its members are clubs.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

genxnaturist

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 03:12:45 am »
Danee
Thanks for sharing. I find this very interesting. I also found that artical somewhat funny.  I myself believe that ironicaly the eurocentric view of naturism is more family friendly and wholesome than picture AANR wants.  Most of AANR clubs seem to represent well gated nude retirement communities, not so much family areas.  On other hand I hear of so many places in europe were entire families go.

Now I am happy with AANR done with respects to legislative work, very nice.  Though I would have expected much more in 50 years of doing such by them than what they actually have done.

Now they are out, yes maybe TNS can come in.

Michael

Offline gbanude

• Read-Only
  • Nude without Towel
  • "Just lookin' for chatty naturists!"
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 11:01:42 pm »
Wow. I was totally stunned by this news. AANR & TNS have been at it with each other for at least 20yrs. They are both variations on a theme.  It reminds me of how baby boomers and wedge issues seem to control everything lately.  The next 15yrs will be very exciting for any/all nudist organizations to move forward with missions of their choosing and really start changing things!
"We are more to be pitied than blamed..."

Carl

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 05:44:34 am »
With the dirrection the AANR has been traveling recently, this announcement doesn't really suprise me. I agree with everyone though, it'll be interesting to see how TNS handles it.

Offline crasher35

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 02:53:38 am »
I'm still new to the world of nude recreation and the politics behind all of it, so, I'm very shocked to hear all of these negative things about AANR and INF! I also didn't know that there was a feud going on between AANR and TNS. While I know they have slight differences in philosophies, I would think that they could get more accomplished being great allies rather than bickering.

Though, I do always feel like AANR could be doing more to help promote nude recreation. I was also aghast when I heard AANR decry body scanners as being akin to nudism. That really put a bad image to the idea of nudism/naturism! Why would anyone try to associate with something receiving such negative press??? I also feel like AANR could stand to advertise and market the lifestyle more! I commend them for snazzing up their webpage (finally) but they need to do a lot more.

TNS isn't off the hook either though. For all of the criticisms I have read about AANR, I've never seen TNS have ANY kind of presence outside of the naturist world. They may be doing more stuff behind the scenes (legislative work) but as far as being out there promoting the lifestyle, I don't see them doing much in that way. Though, I don't think they have the same end goal as AANR. AANR is currently, actively trying to engage more people to join into the nudist lifestyle. TNS is working very hard to protect the beaches and land we already claim as well as trying to establish new ones.

And anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this. Like I said at the beginning, I'm still new to the naturist lifestyle and the politics behind it all.