Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The Halo Thread  (Read 2083 times)

AndrewH

The Halo Thread
« on: September 24, 2010, 03:09:55 am »
I just noticed that nobody has created a Halo thread for this section, so I may as well kick this off! What is your favorite game in the Halo series? So far I've only played Halo 3 and ODST, and if I wasn't so strapped for cash right now, I would be playing Reach.

Nude_not_rude

Re: The Halo Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 01:25:02 pm »
I started playing ODST last weekend, but haven't had a chance to get back to it yet. I was very impressed with the gameplay and the fact you can fly around the whole level whilst the movie replay is showing you how you went...nice.

Offline dibbadong

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 03:53:22 pm »
Reach is an amazing game so far.  I like how Firefight is in matchmaking now and includes new modes.  The assassinations are an interesting but gruesome aesthetic touch.   L8789

Offline brandon

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Texas
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 05:38:23 pm »
Reach is pretty good, but I'm really not into shooting people.
We have it in our power to begin the world over again.  -Thomas Paine

Offline dibbadong

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 07:26:14 am »
Reach is pretty good, but I'm really not into shooting people.

Unless you're in matchmaking, you don't shoot people.  You shoot a bunch of alien religious fanatics.

Offline brandon

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Texas
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 08:13:32 am »
w/e. I shouldn't have been so specific. I meant I don't like shooting in general.
We have it in our power to begin the world over again.  -Thomas Paine

nudist18

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 05:47:09 am »
I have to say, I've been a long time Halo gamer. I date back all the way to CE and go all the way through 2, 3 and Reach. I haven't played Halo Wars or ODST yet, but I do have plans to invest in them both as they both have interesting and unique traits. However, in my opinion, Reach is the best game to date. The campaign is epic, yet has a lot of sadness in it. The armor customization is intense and highly detailed, full of combinations. The combat system has new and unique things in it that haven't been used before which changes the tactics in the game. Then, there is forge, which is quite possibly the best thing that I have ever done in a video game ever. A great game all around.

Offline RD

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 12:22:34 pm »
I haven't had much history with Halo games, until I heard about Reach. I got so fed up waiting for it, I went out and bought a cheap 2nd hand copy of Halo 3 and got addicted. Then Reach came out and it is awesome! I was so happy to get a change from Call of Duty where it was infested with camping, killstreaking-whoring, noob-tubing etc., but Halo actually requires some skill to play. I love the different Armour Abilities which now add a lot more variety to the game, and I love SWAT. Just sprinting around getting headshots everywhere is so much fun :345678

Offline dibbadong

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 12:05:24 am »
I have to say, I've been a long time Halo gamer. I date back all the way to CE and go all the way through 2, 3 and Reach. I haven't played Halo Wars or ODST yet, but I do have plans to invest in them both as they both have interesting and unique traits. However, in my opinion, Reach is the best game to date. The campaign is epic, yet has a lot of sadness in it. The armor customization is intense and highly detailed, full of combinations. The combat system has new and unique things in it that haven't been used before which changes the tactics in the game. Then, there is forge, which is quite possibly the best thing that I have ever done in a video game ever. A great game all around.

I would wait til ODST goes down more.  I had fun with it, but it should have been at least a $30 dollar expansion. 

Offline gamez

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 05:37:22 pm »
My copy of Reach should be here by the middle of the week, I had no plans to get it until I secured a copy for $25.

Offline gamez

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 03:38:39 pm »
ChChChChopper is my XBL name if anybody needs a good meat shield.

Offline SecretlytruenudeM92

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 06:45:22 am »
How is 117 able to communicate with cortana in H3? Was a fragment of her in 117s helmet so he always would know how to find her? More importantly i heard Bungie is gonna give Microsoft ownership of all halo rights so they can start a new project. Will Microsoft take care of Bungie's son?
The greatest danger for humanity lies not in aiming too high and falling short, but in aiming too low and achieving our mark.

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 08:14:56 pm »
I wonder when we are really gonna see A.I.s like cortana? Or electro-chemical computers? One of my favorite things about the halo universe is that it has these amazing A.I.s that are just as real and complex as an other human. The A.I.s that fall in love are my favorites besides cortanas sassy persona, I cant remember the names but   its so sweet that one A.I. would try to save another because he loved her, but so sad she was ultimately destroyed.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 07:37:17 pm by SecretlytruenudeM92 »
The greatest danger for humanity lies not in aiming too high and falling short, but in aiming too low and achieving our mark.

Offline RD

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2011, 12:59:13 pm »
In Halo Reach, they discuss how Cortana is different than all the other AI. Reason being? The others were just computer programs designed to link with UNSC ships and equipment to help with navigation, diagnosis, technical support, etc... but in Cortana's case, Dr. Catherne Halsey who designed her actually cloaned her own mind and brain to give Cortana a step up from the other, like reason and emotion.

Was it not also that Cortana was given all of the information that Dr Halsey discovered underneath the surface of Reach too?

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 06:33:09 pm »
I wonder how keyes personaly feels about cortana, considering their relationship.