Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Machete actress on being naked: "It was kind of liberating."  (Read 1528 times)

Offline brandon

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Texas
  • Referrals: 5
Machete actress on being naked: "It was kind of liberating."
« on: September 28, 2010, 07:31:41 pm »
I have not seen Machete, but saw an article about an actress in it.

Mayra Leal started out nervous being nude for the film. However, she got very comfortable as time went on:

Quote from: Houston Chronicle
The seven-minute cameo took nearly 12 hours to film, and Leal says she was nude the entire time.

"There was a stylist who tried to cover me up during the breaks, but I finally just told her to stop," Leal said. "I just had gotten comfortable being naked. It was kind of liberating."

Here's more of the article:

Machete villain bares all
By JOY SEWING Copyright 2010 Houston Chronicle
Sept. 22, 2010, 4:46PM

Her movie credit reads simply "naked girl."

For seven minutes, Mayra Leal is completely nude in Robert Rodriguez's new movie, Machete. Not in a sexually explicit, love-crazy way. True to Rodriguez's quirky shoot-'em-up dramas, Leal plays a nude, hired villain.

"I'm naked with a purpose," said the 24-year-old Houston native who lives in Austin and works part time as a nightclub hostess.

Rodriguez, a San Antonio native, is the famed Texas filmmaker who directed Salma Hayek and Johnny Depp in Once Upon a Time in Mexico (2003). His other movies include From Dusk Till Dawn (1996) and Desperado (1995).

Leal (pronounced LAY-al) auditioned for the role in July 2009 after graduating from the University of Houston with a major in advertising and public relations and a minor in math. She's a graduate of Bellaire High School, where she served as the Cardinal mascot.

It was during her second audition for Machete that Leal had to appear before Rodriguez and a female casting director completely in the buff.

"I was so nervous and didn't feel good at all about my audition," she said.

Though she didn't get the part that day, she was given another chance and told to lose 10 pounds — in two weeks.

"I love tacos and pupusa (a stuffed corn tortilla)," said Leal, whose mother is Salvadoran and father is Mexican. "I hired a fitness trainer and was in the gym twice a day on the treadmill running like the role was mine."

Leal also went on a strict low-carb diet of fish, chicken, green salads with no dressing and lots of water.

She walked into the third audition 10 pounds lighter and feeling great about her body and her acting skills. She got the part.

Leal calls her character, referred to as only "chica" in the movie, a brave role. "I'm naked and hired to seduce someone by playing the role of a victim," she said. "I ultimately reveal that I'm just a really bad person. That takes guts."

SIDEBARE, I mean SIDEBAR:

5 WAYS TO LOOK GOOD NUDE

Actress and native Houstonian Mayra Leal gives her tips for posing for a nude photo shoot:

1 If you have long hair, place it over your breasts, turning your hips slightly to cover private area.

2 Give yourself a big hug, so your breasts aren't exposed. Then turn your hips slightly.

3 Place your hair over your breasts slightly, then lie sideways with knees slightly bent so as not to expose private area.

4 Turn your back to the camera to expose your bottom, then look over your shoulder.

5 Relax. We were born naked after all.

full article
We have it in our power to begin the world over again.  -Thomas Paine

Offline Turtlejosh

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 5
Re: Machete actress on being naked: "It was kind of liberating."
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 05:13:44 pm »
I encourage her confidence, it's great to see after that Alba against nudity one. I wish more stars were like her.

I saw a clip and gosh...she is rather fine ;)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Cabding

• Lord-Master of Vita Nuda Southeast
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
  • Referrals: 9
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 12:02:58 pm »
I watched the first 22 minutes at school on break. What an over the top violent movie. Kind of corny in how extreme it is. I remember her scene, she looks good! It's great to see a positive story after Alba drooped the ball. Take lessons from this girl who exudes confidence!
Trying to unite the lost naked souls of the Southeast US. Message our Facebook page or PM me to get involved!

Offline Fitz1980

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 05:07:32 am »
I watched the first 22 minutes at school on break. What an over the top violent movie. Kind of corny in how extreme it is.

It's incredibly corny at how extremely violent it is.  That's the idea.  It's based on one of the fake trailers from the movie "Grindhouse" which was a modern updating of the idea of a 1970s drive-in exploitation movie. 

Offline Daft

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 03:45:34 am »
In the other hand...

Jessica Alba’s Nudity in ‘Machete’ Was Computer Generated; Is This The Future of Film Nudity?

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/10/19/jessica-albas-nudity-in-machete-was-computer-generated-is-film-nudity-dead/

In the same movie, two actresses with opposite approaches towards nudity.
A nova geração.

Offline Cabding

• Lord-Master of Vita Nuda Southeast
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
  • Referrals: 9
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 09:18:13 pm »
The more confident girl should be the one headlining the movie and not having a cameo.
Trying to unite the lost naked souls of the Southeast US. Message our Facebook page or PM me to get involved!