Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Swimming ability  (Read 15281 times)

chrisdd

Re: Swimming ability
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2010, 09:39:17 pm »
I'd say I can swim quite a few lengths of a largish pool - 50 m sounds reasonable. I used to do some competitions but it's a long time ago. The only thing that eventually stops me doing lengths is I end up being quite bored.

Offline ailsaman

• Read-Only
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2010, 01:29:28 pm »
would the same drag effect apply for guys who trained in the nude...

sure why not? that one gazillionth of a second could make all the difference :)

although would have less effect when doing the back stroke though.... likewise for ladies doing the backstroke...

Offline Leah

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Teach Tolerance
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2010, 07:17:15 pm »
Swim around 3km three times a week plus my water polo training and competition when I can fit it in.  Fortunately we have a group of about 25 girls who want to play, but for various reasons can't get there each week.  So we slip in when we can.

I'm not sure crossing the English Channel has much to do with technique over stamina and determination.  Much of the little I've seen of the long distance swimmers shows them wallowing on and on and on.

Just a little note - the girls often cross the Channel nude or at least topless because the shoulder straps rub too much over that distance and time in the water.
I may be nude but at least my mind is open

mejor-desnudo

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2010, 05:41:36 pm »
I go for swimming to a public 25m pool and I normally lap-swim for 10 lenghts... so 250m, and then stop for a while... then again and stop, then again... .

Offline _gijs_

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2010, 08:26:50 pm »
Hmm... here in the Netherlands most kids learn to swim at an early age. So did I. Yet somehow, I don't remember much of my training... I mean I can still sort of swim and float and stuff, but I cannot do anything but a simple breast stroke. Acutally I've been wanting to take some swimming lessons again, but I'm a bit embarrassed that I cannot really swim anymore. And I don't want to end up in a class with 4-year olds LOL

Offline mars1692

• Guy Talk
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2011, 11:27:44 pm »
I can swim over 500 yards, so I'm a pretty good swimmer.  (but not in speed)

I see that there are a few scuba divers here (I'm also one), have any of you guys scuba dived naked?

grapesmugg_3

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2011, 07:08:49 pm »
I did put that I can swim 25m, but that would be my own creative style combining doggy style, back stroke and breast stroke. Oh it would also take me 5 minutes  :rolleyes:

I agree, I could make it that distance but it wouldnt be pretty. The poll didnt say it needed to be in proper form. I took swimming lessons as a kid. Once about 6 I was swimming in the hotel pool on vacation, doing the doggy paddle and my grandma insisted I was drowning. Even though my mom didnt think so she jumped in with her dress on to "save me".

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2011, 01:44:22 pm »
I had a little laugh when I went to reply to this thread and got the pop-up warning:

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Well, duh!  Not so many people in the northern hemisphere are all that keen on swimming during the winter so I guess it is no surprise the traffic on this thread has stalled.  But summer has come around again, or will soon enough, and now it is time to swim again.  Real swimming, outdoors in open water with no clothes on.

I'm a qualified lifeguard and quite a strong swimmer.  I like natural water, whether fresh or salt, and would like to take a scuba course sometime.  I enjoy both rafting and kayaking and as a result have made a few brutal swims through some seriously scary water but such swims are always over with quite quickly and the shore is always close at hand.  The real test is swimming in the open sea.
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2011, 01:45:53 pm »
I purposely look for that message to bring old threads back to life
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline crasher35

• Shouting it out loud
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2011, 02:53:24 am »
LOL. My husband would hate you... he's an administrator on another board (or at least he was) and his pet-peeve is what he calls "thread necromancy." His board is very different though...

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2011, 01:42:01 pm »
LOL. My husband would hate you... he's an administrator on another board (or at least he was) and his pet-peeve is what he calls "thread necromancy." His board is very different though...

I think its constructive. It revives threads that everyone has forgotton about and then people have more to talk about again. It keeps the boards active.
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2011, 01:54:31 pm »

I think its constructive. It revives threads that everyone has forgotton about and then people have more to talk about again. It keeps the boards active.

It is very constructive actually when a community has newbies constantly joining.  It is a good thing, usually, and thanks Chris!
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2011, 01:59:02 pm »

It is very constructive actually when a community has newbies constantly joining.  It is a good thing, usually, and thanks Chris!

You're welcome, I enjoy doing it. Its also good to see how peoples opinions have changed since the thread was active. Usually opinions are still the same, but when they change its very interesting.

Offline crasher35

• Shouting it out loud
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2011, 06:05:36 pm »

You're welcome, I enjoy doing it. Its also good to see how peoples opinions have changed since the thread was active. Usually opinions are still the same, but when they change its very interesting.
I agree actually. With this board in particularly. It just struck me as funny because my husband would sit there and bitch about that. Though, his board was also a very different community. There was a lot of drama so I think it was mainly a pet peeve because some of the threads that would be brought back, he didn't really want to see brought back.

This place is cool though. I don't think there are any threads here that have that kind of problem.

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2011, 10:09:29 pm »

I agree actually. With this board in particularly. It just struck me as funny because my husband would sit there and bitch about that. Though, his board was also a very different community. There was a lot of drama so I think it was mainly a pet peeve because some of the threads that would be brought back, he didn't really want to see brought back.

This place is cool though. I don't think there are any threads here that have that kind of problem.

Thats one of the many reasons I love this place  :3456