Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: New gamers  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
New gamers
« on: October 07, 2010, 04:58:57 am »
Not to sound like an old fart but if this is what the new generation of gamers is like, they do suck:

Project D: Episode 1 - Contra
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Stuart

Re: New gamers
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 06:21:45 am »
Sounds like someone's getting old  :34567

Offline Sik

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 10:15:19 am »
Sounds like someone's getting old  :34567
"Les jeunes sont tous des bons-à-rien, et ça devient pire avec l'âge."  Philippe Geluck  (Belgian humorist :P)
Meaning more or less: "Young people are all good-for-nothing. And it gets worse with age."

To the defense of the youngling, we all sucked when we played a platform game for the first time  :345678

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 07:59:50 pm »
To the defense of the youngling, we all sucked when we played a platform game for the first time  :345678

Yes but we loved Contra at first sight. It was hard but fun. When Capcom did a new Megaman for the Wii, they had to add an "easy mode" because apparently, modern players are now too wimpy for Megaman.

There's too much "tourism game" where you only have to visit the whole game to complete it.

I'm one of the younger members on here, and I like these older games too! Ok, I might prefer COD or Halo, but hey, you gotta respect the classics!

To me, it's not so more of a question of challenge than classics. Back when Contra was released, you didn't collect achievements like you collect coins in Mario Bros., many things you did in the game felt like accomplishments because they were hard and you succeeded.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline Sik

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 01:11:51 am »
There's too much "tourism game" where you only have to visit the whole game to complete it.
Agreed.

And those visits are getting shorter and shorter too!