Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Laissez-Fayre  (Read 10726 times)

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
Laissez-Fayre
« on: June 06, 2009, 07:39:10 pm »
Any excuse for a plug!

I'm putting together an act in Brisbane which is somewhere between Sigur Ros and the Spice Girls.

Check out some of the lyrics and music I've written for it at:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/laissezfayre

http://www.myspace.com/laissezfayre

Presently on the lookout for new members, though not an easy task but I demand the impossible!  :123456
"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
    • Dario Western's Page
Re: Laissez-Fayre
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 10:10:27 pm »
Here's an update on this thread.  Since I first started it, I have now got a dancer, keyboard player, and bass player in the lineup called Nova, Amanda and Charmaine.

I've been working with Nova for the last 2 months now and Amanda for the last month.  Charmaine is a newbie, having tried her out last night.

We are doing three distinctive sets of songs: one a selection of classic rock'n'roll and R&B songs from the 60's and 70's, one of originals written by myself, and the other songs about nudity or nudism from modern acts like Gym Class Heroes, Methods Of Mayhem, Kid Rock, Talking Heads, Sigur Ros, Avril Lavigne, and Britney Spears.  With regards to the diva pop songs we're going to rock them up a bit.

I've invited the ladies to sign up for this site so hopefully you will be hearing from them in this thread. 
"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 11:43:09 pm »
Updating the thread: I have now got a new lead vocalist, drummer, and bassist in the act.  Nova is still involved but she hasn't been able to attend practices recently because of the stupid work demands her boss has put on her.

We have now got some video clips of some songs that we recorded just before Christmas last year.  We aren't nude in them but the cover of the song "Totally Nude" by Talking Heads has had the most hits so far.

http://www.youtube.com/user/laissezfayre

One of the other songs "Binge Drinking" has recently been linked to in a couple of sites educating people about this dangerous practice. 

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 11:56:13 pm »
After months of frustration, the band is now slowly starting to gain height.  Since May this year I've been practicing with a blind female percussionist/keyboard player called Alyssa Maughan who is a very dynamic and multi-talented young lady despite her disability.  We had been trying out other members unsuccessfully until September when we managed to find a lead singer called Penny Pardon, and last week took aboard a drummer Shane Buckman.
Last night we also tried out a dancer/vocalist Lauren Jimmieson, a bassist Ian Pratt and viola player Kate McMillan.  It was one of the best musical sessions that I've organised - they are all very proficient and I'm planning to hold an impromptu party jam session at a Halloween party that I'm organising at Bethania on October 29th.

Penny and myself also played at an open mic night at Grill'd Bulimba, and I put up a few videos of it onto the MySpace page - check them out!  :)

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 12:24:46 pm »
Great to see you keeping the dream alive Dario. It must be frustrating. I look forward to seeing you guys play somewhere.

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 10:26:14 pm »
I'm trying to get Penny (the lead singer) to do a performance with me at Balkaz for their 6th anniversary next week if she's not too busy - she's usually preoccupied with other things on weekends.

Failing that, we've been asked to do a short performance for an Amnesty International concert in Brisbane in December so hopefully we'll get some footage of that.

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 02:28:47 am »
Progress is slow, but I have managed to find a new bass player called Katey and a vocalist called Julia.  Both of them are from the alternative music scene, and both really cool ladies. 

Katey works as a stagehand, and Julia is studying anatomy & physiology as well as criminology and Greek culture.

Julia is also into spiritualism and fire juggling and dancing, and she's been to events similar to Confest before so she's quite familiar with the naturist aspect to life. 

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 10:03:31 pm »
I've now got a guitarist/drummer called Shelley involved as well as a vocalist Jacqui who, like me, is of mixed heritage.  She's a very stunning looking lady whilst Shelley is more of a tomboy type.  Both have had previous experience with bands and Shelley used to play in a punk/indie band up in the mining town of Mt. Isa in north Queensland and said that they were pretty much THE music scene up there (as anyone who has ever been there would know, there's not very much to do there apart from working in the mines and going to see strip-shows afterwards). 

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 10:04:26 am »
 :e4444 great effort Dario
nude is natural

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 06:02:33 pm »
We're getting to the stage where we're almost ready to be gigging.  I'm hustling for a few gigs for them at the Music Kafe and CARE Community Festival in October, then for an open weekend at Pacific Sun Friends in late November.  Also looking to do a Skype interview with Stephane Deschenes from the Naturist Living Show about the music I've written for the band sometime next week.

:-)

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 11:11:28 am »
I've got some fantastic news! 

Laissez-Fayre is going to be making its debut this coming week.  On Wednesday night we are doing a short impromptu set at The Music Kafe, next Friday night supporting Demoniker at the Prince Of Wales Hotel in Nundah, October 20th at CARE Community Festival, and then for National Nude Week on November 24 - 25 at Pacific Sun Friends in Caboolture.

Check our Myspace page out for more dets as well as the avatar photo of the new lineup.  The girl on the left is drummer Shelley and the girl on the right is lead vocalist Jacqui. 

http://www.myspace.com/laissezfayre

I am also auditioning a bassist on Monday and another nudist friend of mine is keen to do a bit of guitar jamming with us.  I'm really stoked!!! :-D

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 03:15:51 pm »
Unfortunately the bass player decided that the band was not for her for work related reasons, and the first gig got cancelled due to the venue being double-booked.

However, we have been booked to play at the CARE Community Festival on the 20th October at Northey Street City Farm about 10 minutes away from the city which I'm glad about.

About time something looked up for the band!  :)

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 11:23:43 pm »
I'll give you 'A' for effort on this Dario. Seems like it's been a long road getting this off the ground.

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 12:39:08 pm »
Thanks, Todd!  :)

We did our first gig for 2012 this Saturday gone.  However, it was just me and Shelley as the lead singer Jacqui couldn't make it due to a number of problems she's been having with her work.  I ended up singing the songs as best I could with a fucked-up respiratory system but the audience we got seemed to like what we were doing.

We didn't get any footage of the set, which was probably just as well as it was not me at my best. 

I'm auditioning another girl as a vocalist to do our next gig at Pacific Sun Friends for National Nude Week on November 24th.  I've known her for quite some time and she's 'liked' a lot of my comments on Facebook, particularly those pertaining to nudity and nudism so I emailed her to ask if she was interested to try out and she said yes to me.  Great!

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 07:47:23 pm »
We're recording some new tracks on the 16th of this month at my place with myself, drummer and guitarist Shelley Morris and vocalist Cassie Trent.  Also looking to get a bit of help from Kitty Boom who is the co-admin for my Brisbane Nudists group on Facebook on backup vocals, and Amelia Pinter who is a vocalist and percussionist and author on spirituality from Hungary.

Doing 7 tracks, might see if they are open to recording in the raw since it's at my place and no other bands around (the studio where Shelley, Cassie and I were rehearsing in mainly had all these yobbo hardcore and death metal bands practicing in rooms next door to us with awful noise spillage!).