Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Wrestling  (Read 4432 times)

FantasyFan2011

Re: Wrestling
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 04:10:14 am »
There's been a lot of talk about Rock and Cena within the past two years. Cena said it was his wish match. I do agree with you, seeing Cena with the belt is like seeing HHH with the belt. It's getting very old. He's great, but they should switch him to Smackdown. I personally would like to see some more of the old 90s storyline brought back with the new talent. I enjoyed the Right to Censor story line. It was great. I wouldn't mind seeing the Refs get into a storyline. I loved when Hebner and Patrick got a PPV match, that was gold! I think the 90s had the best storylines, but today, it's just all about wrestling and titles.

:3145  The Attitude era was by far the best ever. Since then the only thing that has ever come close was the Invasion of WCW and ECW.
Speaking about refs in storylines I think it would be great if they could give Mike Chioda something. He has been around for a long time and has ref'ed some of the all time greatest matches such as Undertaker vs Mankind in the Hell In A Cell match.
About Cena and Rock, CM Punk made it public knowledge that he has signed a contract that makes him schedualed to beat Cena at Money In The Bank. Whether he gets it or not Im not sure now as he said he will leave the show and take the title with him, in my opinion Ring Of Honor is the most likely place he will go as that is where he made his name and its the most genuine of the big feds. It seems to me like its going to be another 'Bret screwjob of Montreal' all over again.

But what's the point?

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2011, 01:16:10 pm »
There's been a lot of talk about Rock and Cena within the past two years. Cena said it was his wish match. I do agree with you, seeing Cena with the belt is like seeing HHH with the belt. It's getting very old. He's great, but they should switch him to Smackdown. I personally would like to see some more of the old 90s storyline brought back with the new talent. I enjoyed the Right to Censor story line. It was great. I wouldn't mind seeing the Refs get into a storyline. I loved when Hebner and Patrick got a PPV match, that was gold! I think the 90s had the best storylines, but today, it's just all about wrestling and titles.

:3145  The Attitude era was by far the best ever. Since then the only thing that has ever come close was the Invasion of WCW and ECW.
Speaking about refs in storylines I think it would be great if they could give Mike Chioda something. He has been around for a long time and has ref'ed some of the all time greatest matches such as Undertaker vs Mankind in the Hell In A Cell match.
About Cena and Rock, CM Punk made it public knowledge that he has signed a contract that makes him schedualed to beat Cena at Money In The Bank. Whether he gets it or not Im not sure now as he said he will leave the show and take the title with him, in my opinion Ring Of Honor is the most likely place he will go as that is where he made his name and its the most genuine of the big feds. It seems to me like its going to be another 'Bret screwjob of Montreal' all over again.

But what's the point?

Well I have read up about it in quite a lot of magazines and wrestling sites, and they all say that none of it this was scripted and CM Punk is genuinely upset about the way he and others are being treated in the WWE. But CM Punk is the only person so far thats had the balls to come out on live television and say something about it. It even got to the point where even John Cena came out and slagged off Vince a little, but then CM Punk told Cena what he really thought of him too which lead to Cena giving Punk a real close-fisted punch to the face for which Cena has been fined $7000 for. It seems Vince has yet another big fight on his hands to keep the WWE from falling to pieces.
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

FantasyFan2011

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2011, 04:34:01 pm »
Hmm, interesting. I wonder what will happen tonight? I think that Vince really does need to examine how they work their superstars, there is so much talent that are just jobbers, who have pure natural talent. My fear is, like you said, could be another screw job setting up. I guess tonight will tell.

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2011, 09:36:04 pm »
I hope it will. I'm not sure what to make of it though. On one hand I would be sad to see CM Punk leave because he is a great talent and a speaker. On the other hand I think he deserves better and I know he will get that in Ring Of Honor. So im kinda torn at the moment, either way Im going to be sad but happy too lol
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

FantasyFan2011

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 03:10:07 am »
hmm, interesting turn out with Punk taking the title.