Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Predators  (Read 2451 times)

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
Predators
« on: November 02, 2010, 03:26:33 pm »
I watched the new Predators movie last night. I thought it was a remake of the original starring Arnold Schwarznegger, but it turns out it is actually a sequel, and a long awaited one. It was really fun to watch, there was great use of CGI and the plot had some really awesome twists. It was good trying to get to know each charecter, what they do, what they have done, and their role within the group etc. There is also an awesome fight between one of the old predators and a new predator. I reccomend this film to fans of the Predator franchise, both games and films.
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline Daft

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
Re: Predators
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 03:45:05 pm »
Good movie. Not as entertaining as the first two, but much better than the Aliens vs. Predator movies.

And for us brazilians, it was a pleasure to see a brazilian actress (Alice Braga) in one of the main roles of a Hollywood blockbuster. :)
A nova geração.

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 03:53:00 pm »
Of course and she played it really well too :)
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline Turtlejosh

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 08:03:03 pm »
I was gonna pick this up on DVD at some point. Heard it's better than the dreaded AVP

Offline RD

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 08:32:18 pm »
I was gonna pick this up on DVD at some point. Heard it's better than the dreaded AVP
:879 :879 :879 :879 No mention of that! :879 :879 :879 :879

:345678

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 01:14:26 am »
What is wrong with Alien vs Predator? :322

I enjoyed watching the first two Predator movies so i have no doubt i'm also goïng to like this one

agreed i actually enjoyed AVP both movies and games

Offline dibbadong

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 05:30:39 pm »
I thought this was a decent action flick.  Thought it was worth the money but I'll wait til it goes down a bit before I buy it on DVD or BRD.

Offline RD

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 05:34:20 pm »
What is wrong with Alien vs Predator? :322

I enjoyed watching the first two Predator movies so i have no doubt i'm also goïng to like this one
The first one was alright I thought, but the second one is terrible! :879

If they were stand-alone movies with no previous movies behind them, they would be considered in a higher regard, but considering the quality of both the Alien and Predator Series, the AvP movies are shocking

taylor93

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 06:18:21 pm »
I am a long time fan of both the Aliens and the Predators series, grew up watching both and really enjoyed Predators    :543

I also have to agree that the first AvP was better, the plot in the second AvP just seems really overused to me.

Offline Daft

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 11:00:20 pm »
To be fair, I think the first AvP movie is ok, just because it blends both Predator and Alien storylines in a good way, featuring Lance Henriksen's Charles Bishop, the founder of the company that will rule the universe in the Alien movies (and his androids appear in Aliens and Alien³). But the movie lacks tension.

AvP 2 is disappoiting. A lot. The movie is too dark (it's hard do understand what's happening onscreen) and the characters are lame (a pizza guy? Seriously?)
A nova geração.

Tucker

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 03:29:24 am »
Watched predators a few nights ago.
It was good at keeping Predator awesome, but they could have included more "hunting" on behalf of the predators, not much of their presence was there until a good 30 or so minutes in. And in previous movies, there was more the element of their tactics and hunting their prey, in the latest one, it wasn't conveyed that great.
Still a good action sci fi flick

Offline bunnyema

• Nude without Towel
  • Kyrija
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 11:02:56 am »
I am a long time fan of both the Aliens and the Predators series, grew up watching both and really enjoyed Predators    :543

I also have to agree that the first AvP was better, the plot in the second AvP just seems really overused to me.

I grew up watching both too.. But the AvP was not so good.. AvP2 was crap.. The aliens and predators did they job really good, but the human part was not so good.. When I was going to watch Predators I was already so sad because I was thinking "here comes another bad movie with great aliens and lame people" but I was surprised by how well this movie was made.. The characters  , the plot, the predators.. I just love it!
I will show you madness.. and bunnies.. it is the same thing..

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 12:29:13 am »
The aliens and predators did they job really good, but the human part was not so good.. When I was going to watch Predators I was already so sad because I was thinking "here comes another bad movie with great aliens and lame people" but I was surprised by how well this movie was made.. The characters  , the plot, the predators.. I just love it!
[/quote]

I thought the humans added an interesting twist to the story, as did the partying teens in freddy vs jason(which i am still waiting on a sequel), i think it would be boring if it was just the predators fighting aliens all the way through. I agree though Predators was well made and the charecters and plot were awesome

Offline bunnyema

• Nude without Towel
  • Kyrija
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 09:39:58 am »
I thought the humans added an interesting twist to the story, as did the partying teens in freddy vs jason(which i am still waiting on a sequel), i think it would be boring if it was just the predators fighting aliens all the way through. I agree though Predators was well made and the charecters and plot were awesome

Aliens and Predators need inteligent people around them, not a screaming teenage dumbhead and a military with no brain at all.. Look, Shwarzy was a smart solder, Danny was smart too, they were even smarter than the predator, but in AvP I just can't find a single smart human soul.. If they are experts why do they keep doing so many mistakes, why are they so clumsy and screaming? In Predators we have brains, :4345 in AvP(1,2) none..

I don't mind people, I love them, but they need to be realistic..
I will show you madness.. and bunnies.. it is the same thing..

Offline RD

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 10:45:31 am »

Aliens and Predators need inteligent people around them, not a screaming teenage dumbhead and a military with no brain at all.. Look, Shwarzy was a smart solder, Danny was smart too, they were even smarter than the predator, but in AvP I just can't find a single smart human soul.. If they are experts why do they keep doing so many mistakes, why are they so clumsy and screaming? In Predators we have brains, :4345 in AvP(1,2) none..

I don't mind people, I love them, but they need to be realistic..
:3145 In Alien, it was so good because it was always Ripley outsmarting and kicking the Aliens ass, same with Arny and the Predator. In AvP you just got scared humans saying please be on my side and kill the other; boring...