Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What a Body Knows: Finding Wisdom in Desire. Food. Sex. Dance. Kimerer Lamothe  (Read 1198 times)

Offline brandon

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Texas
  • Referrals: 5
What a Body Knows: Finding Wisdom in Desire. Food. Sex. Spirit. Movement. Dance. Desire. Freedom. Family. Farming. Creativity & Love.

Kimerer Lamothe, dancer, Ph.D.

If you just have time to catch a little of this interview, I suggest starting at 2:45 where Dr. Lamonthe talks about dance, or around 6:00 where she discusses how if we put too much emphasis on the mind, and not enough on our body in motion, "our thinking becomes thin."

I found this a very interesting interview. Here's a Harvard Ph.D. telling us that we need to stop being so entirely conceptual:

"The practices that we do on a daily basis encourage us to identify ourselves with our thinking minds... We are bodies! We don't have bodies."

"Why does our society have such a hard time realizing that our bodies, our moving bodies, have something to teach us?"

I haven't read the book, but the interviewer describes it as "An ode to the power of movement."

In the interview, Dr. Lamothe also talks about our sexual desires, relationships, our desire for food, and other interesting topics.

Her blog is http://whatabodyknows.blogspot.com/
We have it in our power to begin the world over again.  -Thomas Paine