Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Nudist reality show  (Read 2968 times)

Offline dmutah

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 5
Nudist reality show
« on: November 17, 2010, 05:04:58 pm »
News
Home > News

Nudist Reality Show to Broadcast Pasco County Auditions on Web

By Lisa Buie
St. Petersburg Times

Published: Friday, October 29, 2010 at 8:00 a.m.
Last Modified: Friday, October 29, 2010 at 8:00 a.m.
LAND O'LAKES | Producers of a proposed all-nude reality television show plan to stream next month's auditions live over the Internet.

More Information:St. Petersburg Times
Atlantic Overseas Pictures Inc. said it made the decision due to the overwhelming response from the media, networks and aspiring cast to the new nude reality TV show "Nak'd Truth," which will feature the adventures of seven young adults who agree to spend a month in the buff at Caliente Resort & Spa in Pasco County.

The audience also will get to vote on who they'd like to see on the show when the auditions take place Nov. 13 and 14 at the resort.

All interviews for cast roles will be broadcast live from the pool deck.

During the cast selection, candidates will be asked to take off their clothes, but the Internet feed of this part of the process will be restricted to audio. Internet viewers will be able to give a "thumbs up or down" to each candidate. Producers will consider that feedback when making their final selections.

The show's creators have said they are looking for people age 20 to 35 who have never been publicly naked before. No network has signed on to air the episodes, but producers say some have expressed interest.

Once filming begins, the cast must remain nude the entire month, but crews will shoot creatively and blur private body parts before the programs air.

Caliente vice president Debbie Bowen said she is excited about the casting and has already hired extra security to keep away uninvited sightseers and unauthorized media.

"This will be a very controlled environment and we want to make sure no nudity images are released from the resort," Bowen said in a news release. During the auditions, the resort will be sealed off from the public.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20101029/NEWS/101029773

Offline King Pizza

• I'm too blessed to be dressed ><N>
  • Shouting it out loud
  • unstressed = undressed; no curse means no clothes
  • Referrals: 7
    • My Linktree
Re: Nudist reality show
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 05:12:12 pm »
I like the idea; I'm not so sure about the implementation. We'll just have to see how this goes. Just the idea of having a nudist reality show in the works provides a great conversation starter for those of us who don't know how to approach the topic.  
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 05:14:04 pm by cpen05 »
John 8:32 Truth=freedom
><> (Christianity) + Naturism = ><N> Christian Naturist
"We must pray for the courage to endure the scorn of the sophisticated world"- Justice A. Scalia
Once we existed in colonies; now, we are free. ><N>
Proud to be an American Conservative Nudist

NudeBostonian

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 07:04:25 pm »
Ermmm...I'm not really a fan of reality TV. Apart from the San Francisco season of the Real World and the first two seasons of the Apprentice I just haven't gotten into it. While I think it's good that nudism is getting more exposure (albeit with blurring) I think it remains to see how exactly they'll do it. Will it be something obnoxious and over the top like Survivor, or will it be more down to earth? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Offline Cabding

• Lord-Master of Vita Nuda Southeast
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
  • Referrals: 9
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 09:42:08 pm »
I've seen this story and have been meaning to post on it. You beat me to it! The thing I dot like is that it's A. Reality tv. And B. is going to be held at caliente. Everything about that place to me seems like a swingers club.
Trying to unite the lost naked souls of the Southeast US. Message our Facebook page or PM me to get involved!

Offline Fitz1980

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 06:50:47 pm »
I've been to Caliente and it's certainly not a swingers club.  It's more swinger friendly than some nudist places but any such activity is still confined to bedrooms and doesn't take place in the common areas.

That said the show looks like it will be garbage.  I watched the casting call and most of the people seemed like relatively good folks, even if many of them did have a kind of media whore "I want to be famous" vibe.  On another nudist BB that I frequent one of the finalists said that when they started shooting the producers wanted cast members to cry, slap each other and urinate on camera.  I'd imagine that the peeing on camera was going to be part of the usual "ewe gross, nudists have no sense of decency" type of gags.  The crying and slapping was because the producers even straight up said that they got the inspiration for the show from "Jersey Shore" meaning that what they wanted was drama queens/kings acting like douche bags.  I'm sure the show will also show some older and less in shape visitors to Caliente and feature some take on the old joke "why are so many nudists people who you don't want to see naked?" 

Offline King Pizza

• Shouting it out loud
    • My Linktree
"We must pray for the courage to endure the scorn of the sophisticated world"- Justice A. Scalia

Offline Daft

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 11:25:44 am »
“The show will be visually altered to comply with broadcast standards for commercial television,” the  producers said in a release. In other words, they’ll digitally obscure certain body parts.

Which raises the question: Doesn’t that undermine the whole purpose of doing a show about nudists?

What do you think?

Maybe it's not all about censorship, but just a move to, when the reality goes to home video, boost the sale with the words "UNRATED! All you haven't seen on television!" :345678
A nova geração.

Offline King Pizza

• Shouting it out loud
    • My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 12:43:33 pm »
Yes, the blurring of body parts does undermine the purpose of doing a show about nudists in a sense; I say in a sense because most people know what's under the blur boxes. I agree that it would be better that the whole body was shown without the blur boxes, but having a show with nudists is a lot better than having no show at all. Video tapes, I think not. Today we have DVD, on demand, Netfilx, redbox etc. :345678 On a side topic, are videos still made with pre-recorded content for sale? I know that I was able to buy blank video tapes at the Walgreens near me, but I haven't seen video tapes of movies/tv shows in a while.