Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Favorite Beatles songs  (Read 6602 times)

Offline brandon

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Texas
  • Referrals: 5
Re: Favorite Beatles songs
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 05:47:34 am »
I heard "Jealous Guy" on the radio a couple of days ago, and I nearly felt like crying.  It's one of John's best ever solo songs.

I think many people will disagree with me on this, but I think that Mark Chapman ought to be released from prison and allowed back into the community.  He's done more time than a terrorist, traitor or a serial killer. 
I think he would still be a threat to society. Mental illness doesn't just go away with time.

It's not like John Lennon was the American President or God (contrary to what many misguided hippies otherwise believe).  He was a very flawed, disturbed, self-abusing human being who had the knack of writing profound songs for his time. 
Your (or anybody's) opinion of the victim is irrelevant to the sentence a murderer should serve.

I'm rather luke-warm on the death penalty because I think a number of innocent people have been executed in Texas. But in cases where there is no question at all that the accused committed the murder, as in the case of Chapman, the death penalty is probably the appropriate sentence. I know some will say it's not right to execute the mentally ill, but I would say that everybody who murders has some sort of mental illness or suffered a disadvantageous childhood or has some other explanation for his or her anti-social behavior.
We have it in our power to begin the world over again.  -Thomas Paine

Offline Jann

• Free Range Naturist
  • Female Chat
  • Nude without Towel
  • I am nothing if not myself
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 12:03:20 pm »
. . . I think many people will disagree with me on this, but I think that Mark Chapman ought to be released from prison and allowed back into the community. . . .

Mark Chapman is fed, clothed, housed and given medical care at taxpayer expense and is therefore far better off than the majority of mentally ill people wandering the streets of the US today.  In fact he is far better off than many of the working poor.  Some people would kill for such advantages. 

:324 Oh wait, he did!

Mark Chapman is where he belongs, within a community of his peers. Leave him there.
Millions of years of evolution have combined to produce me. 
I'm rather hoping that I don't bugger it up in one lifetime.

Offline gbanude

• Read-Only
  • Nude without Towel
  • "Just lookin' for chatty naturists!"
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 02:18:50 pm »
If anyone has this opportunity, play each Beatles album in chronilogical order and appreciate each song to song and then album to album. It's hard to believe all their recordings were from 1964-1970. Also, google Mark Chapman & George W. Bush.
"We are more to be pitied than blamed..."

Offline brandon

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Texas
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 08:51:58 pm »
We have it in our power to begin the world over again.  -Thomas Paine

420nudist

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2011, 02:24:07 pm »
OMG is someone trying to say that they might have had a bad song. I love all their songs. Thank you England for giving them to us.

Leo_Loewe

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2011, 03:12:16 pm »
She's leaving home, because: I want you (She's so heavy)..!  :76

Offline gbanude

• Read-Only
  • Nude without Towel
  • "Just lookin' for chatty naturists!"
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2011, 06:43:54 pm »
I love, love, LOVE the Beatles - so I have to get in on this!

Now then, I could never pick just one favorite, or even 10. But I like to be different, so I have a particular affinity for lesser known ones like "I Call Your Name" or "Hey Bulldog".

I love watching the video of "I'm Down" at the Shea stadium concert, ditto to "Get Back" and "One After 909" from the concert on the Apple Records rooftop.

I really like "With a Little Help from My Friends" because it is such a positive message, plus Paul wrote that song specifically for Ringo to sing (taking into account Ringo's limited vocal range). Ringo truly was getting by with help from his friends on that song.

"Got to Get you Into My Life" is uplifting to listen to, "Here There and Everywhere" is so romantic.
My girls love listening to "Help" & "Revolver"!
"We are more to be pitied than blamed..."

NudistJosh

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2011, 02:09:42 pm »
I like pretty much any song from the Beatles, I also love the movie Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Band, every song was written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney.

kavikanudist

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2011, 02:53:18 pm »
I started playing guitar when I was a kid because I was a huge Beatles fan. I can play probably dozens of their songs now. Two weeks ago I started giving a friend's son guitar lessons. He is 9 and the first song he will be learning in Octopus's Garden!

:63424

NudistJosh

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2011, 03:04:46 pm »

Offline Blu Bunny

• Female Chat
  • Nude with Towel
  • SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK! <3
  • Referrals: 0
    • My Deviantart Site
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 08:34:49 am »
Strawberry Fields Forever
I Am The Walrus

in that order :3

Please visit my Deviant Art Page

relentlessrob

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 09:24:56 pm »
Hey Jude, was my first thought so I think I'll roll with that.