Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Who likes writing?  (Read 5383 times)

Karla

Re: Who likes writing?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 02:51:21 am »
The non-fiction book is about disaster preparedness at the family and personal level.

I've got a few of those type of books. One I started reading recently but got distracted from was "When all hell breaks loose" by Cody Lundin. I place a lot of worth on having a library of information at my disposal for when I need it.

Stuart

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 03:22:20 am »
One of my writing projects features a future where society has regressed to pre-industrial technologies when fossil fuels have run out. Society drastically changes - one of the things that changes is that old cultural norms are abandoned, and other adopted, including a general comfort level with nudity akin to that of ancient Greece. I just wrote this paragraph about a Princess who adopts a troubled but good hearted teenager to help her when she is far from home and in trouble:

Smithy watched as the Princess stood on the aft rail of the still moving ship. As she held her hands above her head ready to dive in, he felt able for the first time to just stare at her naked body. He was in awe of her amazing physique, with her toned muscles and trim waist, but there was more to her than just simple beauty. He felt she held herself with all the grace and strength befitting a Princess, and more. For the first time he realised what she had said about shedding clothes to reveal your soul. Clothed, she was merely a beautiful and amazing woman, but standing nude atop the rail she seemed possessed with the grace of a Goddess. He watch as she dived, her perfect form plunging into the water with barely a splash and he felt himself utterly devoted to this woman and her position. From that moment, he knew he would die to protect her, if it ever came to that.

Did I catch the naturist mindset there do you think?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 03:32:04 am by Stuart »

Karla

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 03:42:44 am »
Over the last few years I've been writting about 30 - 40,000 words of a horror book. I set about it with the intent of writing the scariest tale I could (I don't find horror scary, just unpleasant if it's gory). The premise is that we fear most losing that which we rely upon.

I really spend a lot of time letting the readers to understand and empathise with the characters before I kill them off. I want the readers to know that they can't take it for granted that their favourite character will survive.

It's not a ghost but an invisible malevolent formless presence that can interact with the physical world but is not bound by it. It can see the branches of time as just another dimension.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 03:44:15 am by Karla »

Stuart

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 03:44:37 am »
It's not a ghost as such but an invisible malevolent formless presence that can interact with the physical world but is not bound by it, and can see the branches of time as just another dimension.

Sounds like an investment banker.

Offline Daft

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 04:43:28 pm »
I had a crazy dream this week, involving horror, castles, balloons and twins. Then I decided to write it down. Since what I remember makes little sense, now I'm trying to fill the gaps, and transform it in a full story.
A nova geração.

taylor93

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 06:26:25 pm »
I also have a knack at writing papers for college the night before they are due and get 90's on them.
Me too!  :909

I am one of the few kids in my school that doesn't mind writing 6-10 page essays for Composition I, however I like to write at my own pace therefore can't stand being given one working week to write 6-10 pages.  I wrote several short stories in high school, last one I wrote was for a science fiction class. If not for the page limit (10 pages max) I think my story would have made a great novel (though I am sure I would have been sued due to some ridiculous copyright laws because my short story sounded a lot like the movie Pandorum, though I wrote my story a week before this movie was released  :56789 though I had never even heard of this movie when writing my story).

indigo

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2011, 02:00:13 pm »
I am an awesome writer and can pretty much write anything.

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 06:20:20 pm »
I am an awesome writer and can pretty much write anything.

I like a man who is humble about his talents    :909
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Offline Pitti

• Local Moderator
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 8
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 08:44:34 pm »
I like to write short stories and I work on my first novel.
"If war is the answer, then we ask the wrong questions."
(Wenn Krieg die Antwort ist, dann stellen wir die falschen Fragen)

Susan G. Komen

Stuart

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2011, 03:55:50 pm »
I have a naturist horror book that's now a year behind schedule. That's what happens when your entire third act is a mistake and you decide half way through to change the basic nature of the characters.

And I've changed the whole damn thing again. Same characters, but now its mutated into a zombie story

Offline bluetrain

• N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2011, 09:39:51 am »
I've been writing for the last 7 years, but it is mainly (98%) in portuguese, so I guess I won't be able to show it to you guise...
If somebody wants to visit my blog anyways, the address is www.henrique_b.blogspot.com   :rolleyes:
"Too many young folk have addition to superficial things and not enough conviction for substantial things like justice, truth and love."
- Cornel West

Offline Jann

• Free Range Naturist
  • Female Chat
  • Nude without Towel
  • I am nothing if not myself
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2011, 11:27:57 am »
And I've changed the whole damn thing again. Same characters, but now its mutated into a zombie story

Do you mean that some of the characters are zombies or that the story just refuses to die?    :56789
Millions of years of evolution have combined to produce me. 
I'm rather hoping that I don't bugger it up in one lifetime.

Stuart

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2011, 11:44:58 am »

Do you mean that some of the characters are zombies or that the story just refuses to die?    :56789

I couldn't make the idea I had work properly until I came up with a new take on zombies. The characters I've developed work just as well in this new concept.

Offline bluetrain

• N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2011, 10:15:17 pm »
I wrote this yesterday, thought about sharing with you:

Lilies
What is this life but bridges
what is this time but sand
mer-ci-less-ly running?
One wakes up early at eight
and at noon it's already October
with its yellowish trees saying loud:
memento... memento... memento.
Tempus fugit, says the clock
and each second's a blossom
wounded and bleeding so lively
its scar of infinite beauty,
its scar of eternal fleetingness...
"Too many young folk have addition to superficial things and not enough conviction for substantial things like justice, truth and love."
- Cornel West

Offline SecretlytruenudeM92

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2011, 08:03:37 pm »
Nice poem bluetrain. Like the way u personifiy time and nature as an unstoppable flow. I honestly cant say i LIKE to write but it is a valuable skill everyone should have. Sometime later in my life i hope to publish a book that details my lifes history from before i was born to the time i obtain adulthood(have responsibility of wife and children). It will also have a complete analogy of my philosphy and outlook on life, including my personal creed or laws by wich i live and will never break. Hope u all will read it some day.
The greatest danger for humanity lies not in aiming too high and falling short, but in aiming too low and achieving our mark.