Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: terms?  (Read 23830 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Re: terms?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 04:32:03 am »
Ok, some more input.  Discuss! 

When it comes to a consensus, we will make the changes.

Discuss?  Okay. 

I think that the terms currently in use are a little odd and I have no idea why they were chosen.  However, I am confident that whoever chose those terms did so for their own reasons.  I have just moved into the forum and I'm not keen on demanding cosmetic changes without purpose.  I would like to hear from the originators exactly why they chose the terms now in use.  Once that laundry is on the line we can discuss the wherefore and the why as well as the options open to the forum.

Comments?  Questions?  Discussion?

Super good post!

They were chosen by me, as we moved within two days or so, of opening the doors to the outside world, and the Germans were waiting outside to get in.  I did not wish to use the names I chose on a forum I and another built, but they are still in use there actually, as are other things. We did a little discussion on it but no consensus was reached. It had to be done quickly. So, those were what I came up with.

Now, with members, new or not, we do not care, who express themselves as far as wanting to make suggestions, we listen. We evolve.  We change when it is needed and do not when it is not or not in keeping with our mission. 

Thats all.

-D
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Jann

• Free Range Naturist
  • Female Chat
  • Nude without Towel
  • I am nothing if not myself
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 11:21:17 am »
Ok, some more input.  Discuss! 

When it comes to a consensus, we will make the changes.

Discuss?  Okay. 

I think that the terms currently in use are a little odd and I have no idea why they were chosen.  However, I am confident that whoever chose those terms did so for their own reasons.  I have just moved into the forum and I'm not keen on demanding cosmetic changes without purpose.  I would like to hear from the originators exactly why they chose the terms now in use.  Once that laundry is on the line we can discuss the wherefore and the why as well as the options open to the forum.

Comments?  Questions?  Discussion?

I have no issues with the current terms.  They are a bit wacky; so what, so am I.  There is a lovely symmetry there. 

Not everything has to make sense.
Millions of years of evolution have combined to produce me. 
I'm rather hoping that I don't bugger it up in one lifetime.

Offline Steggsaurus

• Andy
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 07:41:11 pm »
OK, so is this the version that everyone seems to like so far?

0 - 10 Posts = Dressed but Open Minded

10 - 50 Posts = Leaving Shame Behind

50 - 100 Posts = Home Naturist

100 - 175 Posts = Skinny Dipper

175 - 300 Posts = Sunbather

300 - 500 Posts = Naturist

500 - 800 Posts = Dedicated Naturist/True FKK

800+ Posts = Champion of Naturism/FKK Champ!

I'm thinking that the last two could also be changed to the following to save space:

500 - 800 Posts - Dedicated FKK/Naturist

800+ Posts - FKK/Naturism Champion!

This will be post #99 for me, so according to the above descriptors, I'm about to hit Skinny Dipper, and on the current descriptors I'm about to hit Topfree in Briefs or Boxers (yuck!)

I also noticed that today, I passed 24 hours for total time logged in - time sure does fly, doesn't it?

I am all in favour of this version - I had no problem with the old ones but these seem a little less esoteric somehow.  I especially like the "champion" one for top posters.

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 04:24:36 pm »
I am all in favour of this version - I had no problem with the old ones but these seem a little less esoteric somehow.  I especially like the "champion" one for top posters.

I am not so much in favour of possibly confusing quantity with quality.  A person with far fewer thoughtful posts would be a far greater champion than someone who just floods the forum in an attempt to draw attention to himself.

I see no real need to change the existing terms or to set up what might be perceived as some sort of contest.
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

jedinudist

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 10:31:23 pm »
I apparently owe the good folks at IYNO yet another apology.

I ran across this thread and thought I would be a contributing member of the community here and toss my two cents in, just for fun. Unfortunately, I seem to have sparked yet another debate and upset/offended some folks.

Honestly, that is not my intention. I saw something interesting and wanted to comment on it - that's all - nothing else.

I wasn't being overly critical of the terminology currently being used. I'm not saying it's inadequate or unacceptable. I was just trying to participate.

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2011, 12:05:05 am »

I ran across this thread and thought I would be a contributing member of the community here and toss my two cents in, just for fun. Unfortunately, I seem to have sparked yet another debate and upset/offended some folks.

Honestly, that is not my intention. I saw something interesting and wanted to comment on it - that's all - nothing else.

I wasn't being overly critical of the terminology currently being used. I'm not saying it's inadequate or unacceptable. I was just trying to participate.

No problem at all Jedi. We always welcome suggestions and this debate is healthy. Thank you for you input and please don't hesitate to post other suggestions as well in the future. We like our members getting involved.

simonalexander2005

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2011, 12:38:01 am »

No problem at all Jedi. We always welcome suggestions and this debate is healthy. Thank you for you input and please don't hesitate to post other suggestions as well in the future. We like our members getting involved.
:3145

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2011, 12:51:57 am »

:3145

:3145 :3145

No apology needed!!  As I said earlier here, we want and need this! 

grapesmugg_3

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2011, 02:08:52 am »
I again had no problems with the old rankings but I am excited for the new ones!

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2011, 12:02:43 pm »

No, you do not.

In my case neither one nor the other.  You have contributed to the discussion and that is a very good thing.

And I for one didn't take it to be anything other than that.

And thanks for that.  For goodness sake keep participating.  A civil exchange of opposing views is always a bright light on any forum.

"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Offline Jann

• Free Range Naturist
  • Female Chat
  • Nude without Towel
  • I am nothing if not myself
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2011, 11:27:19 am »

I have read and re-read this thread (luckily it is very short) trying to find what you are apologizing for, why you think that you owe anyone here an apology and evidence that any other poster seems to be offended.  I am drawing a blank on all of these.  So I would say that you don't owe an apology to anyone.
Millions of years of evolution have combined to produce me. 
I'm rather hoping that I don't bugger it up in one lifetime.

jedinudist

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2011, 05:52:09 pm »
It is 11:49 1/17/2011 where I am and I notice that as of now the original terms are still in use and have not been changed.

Please do not use the terms that I have suggested. I am stating my intention to use them elsewhere.

To those who don't understand why I apologized, I may have misinterpreted but it did look like a few were upset. In the light of what was recently done, I'm rather upset and misread.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 05:56:25 pm by jedinudist »

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2011, 02:48:17 am »
Ok then.  Then, anyone else?  We were waiting for more feedback and there is no full time employee here so thus things did not get changed but sure, we will certainly respect your wish not to use your terms. 

Other suggestions to keep things fresh and as was said, change is fine!

simonalexander2005

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2011, 11:37:04 pm »
If we change them, I don't think I like those that imply someone isn't a full naturist until they have posted a lot - maybe make the lowest level "naturist" (once someone has posted at least once), and build from there?

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2011, 11:57:46 pm »
If we change them, I don't think I like those that imply someone isn't a full naturist until they have posted a lot - maybe make the lowest level "naturist" (once someone has posted at least once), and build from there?

I think you have a point, but naturist being the lowest level does imply something too. Surely we can come up with some fun ones on our own.  Karla is helping redo the star thing too.  Change coming!